Windows 10: All of my drivers are missing or incredibly outdated after updating Windows 10, making my...

Discus and support All of my drivers are missing or incredibly outdated after updating Windows 10, making my... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This will be a long post but please, I really need the help. I also barely use reddit, so bear with me if I do something wrong or need to move my post... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DeadProcess, Jan 1, 2021.

1. All of my drivers are missing or incredibly outdated after updating Windows 10, making my...

This will be a long post but please, I really need the help. I also barely use reddit, so bear with me if I do something wrong or need to move my post somewhere else. My computer is completely unusable in its current state and am basically alone in the dark here.

I was behind by about a month on windows updates, so I decided to restart and update my pc to get it up to date. I left my machine to get dinner, and when I came back to it, the update had completed. The standard windows login screen was there as normal, but 720p as opposed to my normal 2k display. Upon logging in and going into the device manager, I realized that my display adapter was missing completely. The only one there was the windows basic display adapter, which was dated back to 2006. I tried updating it, but the driver updater said it was up to date.

I then opened up my browser and Googled my monitor's display driver in an attempt to download it. Reaching the Google search page took about 10 minutes and another 10 to reach the dell page, which simply displayed a Dell logo and nothing else, probably because of my poor response times. From this knowledge, I know that while I have internet access, my network drivers or something are missing or outdated also. I can definitely access the internet, just at abhorrent slow speeds that makes actually accessing websites literally useless. Trust me- I waited on the dell webpage for 30 minutes for something, anything to happen out of desperation.

TLDR

So basically, I have no drivers for anything except core functionality, and no way to access the internet properly to re-download any of the drivers! On top of this, I have no idea what network drivers need to be installed for my computer to get back online.

IMPORTANT INFO: I use a USB Wi-Fi adapter to access the internet, but I can also access LAN if I have to. The adapter and USB ports ARE working, as I can ping websites from the console just fine. My windows version is the latest as of posting, Home 10 V. 10.0.19041. I also have access to another laptop, so I can download drivers off of there once I know which network ones to get.

Any help would be appreciated!

submitted by /u/DeadProcess
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DeadProcess, Jan 1, 2021

2. windows 10 mcpc drivers outdated

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you download latest drivers from Manufacturer's Website.

Follow the steps to update the drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand respective driver. (The driver which was stated to be outdated.)
    • Right-click on the driver and
      select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's Website and download the latest driver.
    • Once the download is complete, run the setup file and install the software.
    • Follow on-screen instructions.
    • Restart the computer and check
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jan 1, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Jayce Win User

All of my drivers are missing or incredibly outdated after updating Windows 10, making my...

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

All of my drivers are missing or incredibly outdated after updating Windows 10, making my...

1. All of my drivers are missing or incredibly outdated after updating Windows 10, making my... - Similar Threads - drivers are missing

2. Is my graphics driver outdated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my graphics driver outdated?: I'm using:- Dell Vostro 3500- Graphic Driver: IntelR UHD GraphicsI'm just playing Roblox and it keeps crashing for no reason, can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-my-graphics-driver-outdated/82e6fa60-ca54-4870-9a45-ad5d576a0a14
  3. Is my graphics driver outdated?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my graphics driver outdated?: I'm using:- Dell Vostro 3500- Graphic Driver: IntelR UHD GraphicsI'm just playing Roblox and it keeps crashing for no reason, can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-my-graphics-driver-outdated/82e6fa60-ca54-4870-9a45-ad5d576a0a14
  4. All my files are missing after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my files are missing after update: On the title itself my files went missing after update. My PC is windows 11 and it has a lot of files. I really need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-files-are-missing-after-update/cc40aebb-dc97-4591-9562-5f7d0b7c2699
  5. All my files are missing after update

All my files are missing after update: On the title itself my files went missing after update. My PC is windows 11 and it has a lot of files. I really need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-files-are-missing-after-update/cc40aebb-dc97-4591-9562-5f7d0b7c2699
  6. Windows updating outdated drivers for AMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updating outdated drivers for AMD: Every time I update windows, it downloads and installs outdated AMD graphics drivers and I had to uninstall old graphics driver and install the latest one again and this takes like 8 hours of my time every time I had to update windows including updating windows. I even turned...
  7. Windows updating outdated drivers for AMD

Windows updating outdated drivers for AMD: Every time I update windows, it downloads and installs outdated AMD graphics drivers and I had to uninstall old graphics driver and install the latest one again and this takes like 8 hours of my time every time I had to update windows including updating windows. I even turned...
  8. Windows updating outdated drivers for AMD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Minecraft is saying my driver is outdated.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft is saying my driver is outdated.: When ever I open Minecraft, even uninstalling and reinstalling it always says "Your computers graphics have a new update available. Worlds may have some issues and bugs without the update. Please install it to enjoy Minecraft at its fullest, read more at...
  10. outdated drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    outdated drivers: I own a USB foot pedal by pedalpax corp, not available anymore for 15 years that I use for capturing images through an old pc for medical purposes. Recently, i upgraded my hardware to Windows 10 and the device is no longer recognizable due to outdated drivers. New ones are no...