Windows 10: All of my Favorites lost

Discus and support All of my Favorites lost in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For some reason within the last couple of hours I have lost all of my favourites which I use when I go on to the internet. I have looked in File... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Bluenose1940, May 27, 2020.

1. All of my Favorites lost

For some reason within the last couple of hours I have lost all of my favourites which I use when I go on to the internet.

I have looked in File Explorer and the folders are completely empty. I definitely haven't purposely deleted these from the folder but they have gone completely

Does anyone know how this can have happened please and, more importantly, how I can recover them.

Many thanks.

:)

Bluenose1940, May 27, 2020
  2. gabbydgar Win User

Folder in Favorites lost

Had a folder in IE favorites named xxxxx favorites with many items in it. Don't know what I may have done but it is gone from the list. When I try to create a new folder it tells me that there is one already there, but it is not. Any suggestion where I might find the lost folder or how to restore it.

gabbydgar, May 27, 2020
  3. Lost Favorites

Hi Birchard,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you have lost your favorites.

I would like to know some information.

• Are you using Internet explorer or Microsoft edge?

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-missing-favorites-in-file-explorer

You may also refer to the steps.

1. Open the backed up
    Favorites folder from Option

One and copy all contents.

2. Browse to and open your
    %UserProfile%\Favorites folder, and paste all contents from inside the
    Favorites folder from step 1.

3. You can now close File Explorer if you like.

4. Open the
    Microsoft Edge
    app.

5. Click/tap on the
    More actions button at the top right corner, and click/tap on
    Settings.

6. Click/tap on the
    Import favorites from another browser link.

7. Select (check) Internet Explorer, and click/tap on
    Import.

8. Your
    favorites and favorites bar
    are now restored in Microsoft Edge.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, May 27, 2020
  4. All of my Favorites lost

Lost favorites with auto update of 12/31/15

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

• Which browser are you using? Is it Microsoft Edge or IE?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Check Favorites folder in User profile.

• Open C: Drive.

• Select User.

• Select user profile.

• Click on Favorites.

• If you’re able to see the favorites list, then you will be able to import the Favorites from there.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, May 27, 2020
Thema:

All of my Favorites lost

1. All of my Favorites lost - Similar Threads - Favorites lost

2. Edge favorites lost on 22H2 update os build 22621.608

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge favorites lost on 22H2 update os build 22621.608: updated yesterday. most of favorites gone. any advice on how to recover? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-favorites-lost-on-22h2-update-os-build/7fbaba67-77b2-4a75-aef6-75c5c983b900
  3. Edge favorites lost on 22H2 update os build 22621.608

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge favorites lost on 22H2 update os build 22621.608: updated yesterday. most of favorites gone. any advice on how to recover? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-favorites-lost-on-22h2-update-os-build/7fbaba67-77b2-4a75-aef6-75c5c983b900
  4. Lost Favorites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Favorites: One morning most of the Favorites I use all the time disappeared. these are the favorites I use most. I looked everywhere and to no avail. The first place I looked was the recycle bin, nothing. Does anyone have any idea where they might have gone? I happen to use a lot of...
  5. Lost Favorites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Favorites: One morning most of the Favorites I use all the time disappeared. these are the favorites I use most. I looked everywhere and to no avail. The first place I looked was the recycle bin, nothing. Does anyone have any idea where they might have gone? I happen to use a lot of...
  6. Lost Favorites

7. Update: 21H2 OS: 19044.1469 Auto update: Lost all files, desktop setup, Chrom favorites,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update: 21H2 OS: 19044.1469 Auto update: Lost all files, desktop setup, Chrom favorites,...: Last night 1-19-22 Auto updated 21H2 OS: 19044.1469 caused desktop screen to lose all but 4 icons, printer gone, all data, music, picture files etc. missing. Apparently update disabled my USER profile, as all this info appears to be present using M/S File Explorer OS C >...
  8. Update: 21H2 OS: 19044.1469 Auto update: Lost all files, desktop setup, Chrom favorites,...

Update: 21H2 OS: 19044.1469 Auto update: Lost all files, desktop setup, Chrom favorites,...: Last night 1-19-22 Auto updated 21H2 OS: 19044.1469 caused desktop screen to lose all but 4 icons, printer gone, all data, music, picture files etc. missing. Apparently update disabled my USER profile, as all this info appears to be present using M/S File Explorer OS C >...
  9. Update: 21H2 OS: 19044.1469 Auto update: Lost all files, desktop setup, Chrom favorites,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Microsoft Edge Version 90.0.818.42 lost Favorites sorting

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Version 90.0.818.42 lost Favorites sorting: I wanted to sort my Favorites in MSEdge Version 90.0.818.42 (Official build) (64-bit) today and the maintenance link and sort is gone. Should I just wait for the next update to sort favorites? 178083