Windows 10: All of my file types changed

Discus and support All of my file types changed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; recently I ran Snes9x emulator portable app, didn't installed then all of my file extensions changed to Snes9x ROM please help me to fix this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by UtkuGürbüz1, May 28, 2022.

1. All of my file types changed

recently I ran Snes9x emulator portable app, didn't installed then all of my file extensions changed to Snes9x ROM please help me to fix this.

:)

UtkuGürbüz1, May 28, 2022
  2. Bree Win User

How to change default app for file type

'Open With > Choose another app' has three step, in the first it only offers apps registered for that file type. If you click 'More apps' it lists all registered apps regardless of suitability. Both these steps have the tick-box for 'Always use...' in my 18363.752. The third step, if needed, is 'Look for another app on this PC'. The 'Always use...' must be ticked before taking this step if you want the change to stick. However, WMP appears at the second step.

All of my file types changed [​IMG]

For a quick look at a JPG almost anything (including WMP) is more practical than Photos which on my system takes more than ten seconds just to open a photo. The OP is probably not aware that the Windows Photo Viewer is still available in W10, but hidden away. That's my default viewer for JPG.

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

And, once enabled, is available in Settings > Apps > Default apps.

3. dalchina Win User
    How to change default app for file type

@Bree - yes, I'm quite aware of this thanks, but as you will see it's missing. I recall reading that clicking the dialogue at a certain point in blank space made it appear, and trying that once successfully, but doesn't seem to help now. Plenty of other similar reports of this option being missing.

'Fix' described here: (essentially unassociate the extension)
    Windows 10 "Always use this app" checkbox missing - Super User

dalchina, May 28, 2022
  4. All of my file types changed

How to change File type on Windows 10 - File Extension Change

Windows 10

my jpegs. open with paint. Is that normal? It was a photo and opened in paint.

I want to see the page of all the file extensions to see what they are opening.

Somehow my friend has changed her DIP program to opening with pngs and thy won't open at all. she needs to change them back to what they were. I have looked online anf found nothing that helps...too complicated.

Could I please get a step by step 1, 2, 3 etc list to help her change her program extension to the right one.

Please and thank you.

purplelover, May 28, 2022
Thema:

All of my file types changed

1. All of my file types changed - Similar Threads - file types changed

2. Change default file type from *.txt to ALL FILES in notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change default file type from *.txt to ALL FILES in notepad: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-file-type-from-txt-to-all-files-in/1baf2d3a-cd93-4ddc-b021-7e58e48c7693I found an answer far more helpful than this one.I turned to a scripting solution. Use AutoHotkey to do this.Loop{WinWaitActive, Open...
  3. Change default file type from *.txt to ALL FILES in notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default file type from *.txt to ALL FILES in notepad: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-file-type-from-txt-to-all-files-in/1baf2d3a-cd93-4ddc-b021-7e58e48c7693I found an answer far more helpful than this one.I turned to a scripting solution. Use AutoHotkey to do this.Loop{WinWaitActive, Open...
  4. Change the default program for a specific file? not all files of type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the default program for a specific file? not all files of type: I use both Acrobat and Bluebeam to view/edit PDFs. I know how to change the default app/program for PDFs in general currently Acrobat, but I'm wondering if I can set some *specific* PDFs to open with Bluebeam. I also know how to right-click and choose "open with..." I'm just...
  5. Change the default program for a specific file? not all files of type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the default program for a specific file? not all files of type: I use both Acrobat and Bluebeam to view/edit PDFs. I know how to change the default app/program for PDFs in general currently Acrobat, but I'm wondering if I can set some *specific* PDFs to open with Bluebeam. I also know how to right-click and choose "open with..." I'm just...
  6. Change the default program for a specific file? not all files of type

7. All of my file types changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All of my file types changed: recently I ran Snes9x emulator portable app, didn't installed then all of my file extensions changed to Snes9x ROM please help me to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-of-my-file-types-changed/0183484d-903a-469b-bb0a-7ef7ae2826b5
  8. All of my file types changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of my file types changed: recently I ran Snes9x emulator portable app, didn't installed then all of my file extensions changed to Snes9x ROM please help me to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-of-my-file-types-changed/0183484d-903a-469b-bb0a-7ef7ae2826b5
  9. Change default file type from *.txt to ALL FILES in notepad

Change default file type from *.txt to ALL FILES in notepad: I use notepad to view json or xml files. Every time when I open, I have to change file type from *.txt to ALL FILES. Can I set ALL FILES as default?...
  10. change file type

in Windows 10 Support
    change file type: I was looking through a file within the file called" Windows8 OS". The file was called "Microsoft.SqlServer.Compact.400.32" and it was a "LFL" file type. In trying to open it I inadvertently changed it to a "BC" file type. Question, how do I change it back to it's...