Windows 10: All of my files and downloads got deleted after a system crash.

Discus and support All of my files and downloads got deleted after a system crash. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was playing CS:GO when all of the sudden I got a blue screen of death. After restarting my PC, I got another blue screen of death. This went on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GarFish69, Oct 20, 2019.

1. GarFish69 Win User

All of my files and downloads got deleted after a system crash.

I was playing CS:GO when all of the sudden I got a blue screen of death. After restarting my PC, I got another blue screen of death. This went on and on until I just hard reset my PC, and when I loaded back onto my desktop screen, all of downloads had been deleted. When I tried to click on a tile, it just told me that the file was not longer present or something like that.

But anyways, is there any way that I can get my **** back, because I had been downloading destiny 2 for 2 **** days now and it had just reached 94%. If there is a way to recover all of my games, please tell me. If not, **** windows... I am switching to linux.

:)

GarFish69, Oct 20, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 20, 2019
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Oct 20, 2019
  4. Naby Win User

10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates and File Downloads

This is a re-post from here.

I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform updates manually every few days. Windows Defender updates work fine. Other Windows updates cause the PC to crash, no BSOD or anything, it just turns off. I've looked for 1074, 6006, and 6008 event log files to explain why and I haven't been able to find anything.

Other times the computer just randomly crashes and also sometimes when downloading files. The symptom is the same, I check on it and find it powered down or it just shuts off while I'm using it. It boots back up fine and I see no cause listed in the event logs.

I have been through the 3 tests suggested to me on the old thread. SMART looked good, memtest ran for 33 hours for 8 passes with no errors, and prime was run for 3 hours with no errors.

I think the next step was to run V2 Log collector, that data is attached.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

Thema:

1. All of my files and downloads got deleted after a system crash. - Similar Threads - files downloads got

2. Files Deleted After Successful Download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files Deleted After Successful Download: I found a similar issue someone posted regarding Windows 7. I downloaded a file from Bitdefender tech support responding to an issue I put to them. They provided a link and I saved the file to 'Downloads'. However, after the download completed, the file was deleted. Here are...
  3. Microsoft deleted all files in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft deleted all files in Downloads folder: HelloMy laptop started to sync to one drive and noticed that all my files in Downloads folder were deleted and not being sync. I am lost and lost 20Gb of data. Is there anything that I can do in order to restore these files?Thank you!...
  4. Microsoft deleted all files in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft deleted all files in Downloads folder: HelloMy laptop started to sync to one drive and noticed that all my files in Downloads folder were deleted and not being sync. I am lost and lost 20Gb of data. Is there anything that I can do in order to restore these files?Thank you!...
  5. Microsoft deleted all files in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I got hacked by a ransomware and it deleted system files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I got hacked by a ransomware and it deleted system files: As the title says, I got hacked by a ransomware and it took away the possibility to update windows, completely disabled windows defender and real time protection before I could remove it, There aren't any traces of the virus leftI checked with Malwarebytes and other AV but I...
  7. My pc files got deleted

My pc files got deleted: Hello my pc files deleted themselves or i don't know if it was a virus. System32 was deleted and also all services. I cant run any app on my laptop. Also i csnt connect to the WiFi since it is also missing. I would just like to ask if reinstalling windows 10 would solve this....
  8. My Files on OneDrive Got Deleted After Formatting

My Files on OneDrive Got Deleted After Formatting: Hello, i was having a problem with the network adaptor not connecting to the internet after updating to Windows 2004 Version and tried every solution there is but nothing worked so i decided to format my C drive. i have files saved to the OneDrive's folder knowing its saved...
  9. All of my files got deleted by an update ... all of them

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All of my files got deleted by an update ... all of them: I was just playing a game and suddenly Windows start an update...automatically...without my permission...After it was done I was greeted with a black desktop with nothing but recycle bin on it. Not only that but when I said all my files got deleted... I meant all... Even...
  10. System warning, all system files will be deleted after 200 seconds

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System warning, all system files will be deleted after 200 seconds: I have been receiving this very annoying message almost daily for about 2 weeks, it freezes my Windows 10 pc and makes a screeching sound, the only way I am able to delete it is to close everything down then delete my temp history and cookies but sure enough it comes back,...