Windows 10: All of my files turning into a .ahui file

Discus and support All of my files turning into a .ahui file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So i was playing some games on my pc and then i got tired and turned it off. after 3 hours i turned my computer on and saw that all of my files,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Owen mesh, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Owen mesh Win User

All of my files turning into a .ahui file

So i was playing some games on my pc and then i got tired and turned it off. after 3 hours i turned my computer on and saw that all of my files, including .exe ones and everything has turned into a .ahui file. i searched everywhere and couldnt find a solution so if there are any possible ones please notify me

:)

Owen mesh, Jun 9, 2023
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jun 9, 2023
  3. eidairaman1, Jun 9, 2023
  4. Kreij Win User

Identical File Finder

@Ford
    I don't think that step #3 is even needed. The probabiliy of two MD5 hashes from differing files colliding is what, 2^-128 ?
    Even if your were hashing a million files the odds of a hash collision on differing files is astronomically small.

Kreij, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

1. All of my files turning into a .ahui file - Similar Threads - files turning ahui

2. All of my files turning into a .ahui file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All of my files turning into a .ahui file: So i was playing some games on my pc and then i got tired and turned it off. after 3 hours i turned my computer on and saw that all of my files, including .exe ones and everything has turned into a .ahui file. i searched everywhere and couldnt find a solution so if there are...
  3. All of my files turning into a .ahui file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of my files turning into a .ahui file: So i was playing some games on my pc and then i got tired and turned it off. after 3 hours i turned my computer on and saw that all of my files, including .exe ones and everything has turned into a .ahui file. i searched everywhere and couldnt find a solution so if there are...
  4. all video files turned exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all video files turned exe: hi i think some virus hit one of my folder aand all video files turned 3 mb exe files .any help ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-video-files-turned-exe/ac105683-89c4-4441-8284-6efbc5c67587
  5. all video files turned exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    all video files turned exe: hi i think some virus hit one of my folder aand all video files turned 3 mb exe files .any help ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-video-files-turned-exe/ac105683-89c4-4441-8284-6efbc5c67587
  6. All my files turned into .exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All my files turned into .exe: Hello. So I've messed up my laptop and every app I open, a message pops up "How do you want to open this file?" and the file was in .exe. It happened because I want to download a file from the web but I can't open it since it was in exe file type. Then I followed the...
  7. File explorer locks my all the files

File explorer locks my all the files: Whenever I make a new file. The file explorer locks my file. All the times I have tried many things. Help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-locks-my-all-the-files/abc2a82a-2a76-436b-8024-7bfd823309b5
  8. Turned on computer, all files are gone

Turned on computer, all files are gone: This is a Dell desktop running Windows 10, with Malwarebytes for antivirus. I turned off last night and all was fine. This morning I turned it on and everything is changed. My background photo is gone, the tiles are rearranged, and worst of all every single file I had is...
  9. My Files turn into folder

in Windows 10 Support
    My Files turn into folder: Hello. I am running Windwos 10 for almost 2 years now. I have 2 external Hard Drives and a lot of files on these drives appear as folders. I cannot view them, delete them, copy them or do anything else. Windows produce a "... is not accessible. The directory name is...
  10. All hidden files turned Un-hidden

in Windows 10 Support
    All hidden files turned Un-hidden: Yesterday, I inserted a flash drive on my PC and it was loaded with trojans. I managed to clear them with Kaspersky but after that I noticed that all the hidden files in my C drive have turned Un-hidden. (Including desktop.ini's) 21385