Windows 10: All of my icons are off my homescreen all I have is the background Please help

Discus and support All of my icons are off my homescreen all I have is the background Please help in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have lost all of my icons on my homescreen where are they/ please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jim and Donna Fait, Aug 18, 2022.

1. All of my icons are off my homescreen all I have is the background Please help

I have lost all of my icons on my homescreen where are they/ please help

:)

Jim and Donna Fait, Aug 18, 2022

2. e71 homescreen

This question is no biggie I guess...but I've got to ask...

The "to do list" icon does not appear on my homescreen. I did it the right way, ticked the box and all..it just isn't there:smileysad: any suggestions? TNX

angellicano, Aug 18, 2022
  3. Kari Win User
    changing Homescreen options

I might be wrong, but I think OP is talking about Desktop and OneDrive Protected Folders. If so, Desktop folder icon in File Explorer > This PC will show OneDrive's cloud-like icon:

All of my icons are off my homescreen all I have is the background Please help [​IMG]

Do the following to change it:

Right click OneDrive icon in notification area:

All of my icons are off my homescreen all I have is the background Please help [​IMG]

A small pop-up window opens. Select Settings:

Settings will open. Under Auto-save tab, select Update folders:

Click Stop protecting:

Confirm:

That's it. Your desktop is now empty, OneDrive desktop no longer shown and you can put anything you want to on desktop.

4. All of my icons are off my homescreen all I have is the background Please help

Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Aug 18, 2022
Thema:

All of my icons are off my homescreen all I have is the background Please help

1. All of my icons are off my homescreen all I have is the background Please help - Similar Threads - icons are off

2. All my icon disappeared PLEASE HELP WIN10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my icon disappeared PLEASE HELP WIN10: One day my laptop started going mental so I restarted my laptop. And all my icons disappeared and it is very annoying to navigate through my computer AND nothing on the internet can solve my problem. I tried deleting the icon cache. Doing SFC scanning. Basically, I'm...
  3. All my icon disappeared PLEASE HELP WIN10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my icon disappeared PLEASE HELP WIN10: One day my laptop started going mental so I restarted my laptop. And all my icons disappeared and it is very annoying to navigate through my computer AND nothing on the internet can solve my problem. I tried deleting the icon cache. Doing SFC scanning. Basically, I'm...
  4. All my icon disappeared PLEASE HELP WIN10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. All of my icons are off my homescreen all I have is the background Please help

in Windows 10 Customization
    All of my icons are off my homescreen all I have is the background Please help: I have lost all of my icons on my homescreen where are they/ please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-of-my-icons-are-off-my-homescreen-all-i-have/917c6c53-467c-4242-9db3-3d0a178d4fb2
  6. All of my icons are off my homescreen all I have is the background Please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of my icons are off my homescreen all I have is the background Please help: I have lost all of my icons on my homescreen where are they/ please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-of-my-icons-are-off-my-homescreen-all-i-have/917c6c53-467c-4242-9db3-3d0a178d4fb2
  7. Help!!! All my *Icons* are gone!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help!!! All my *Icons* are gone!: Help! All of my icons are gone after I uninstalled a software called IObit :All icons on my desktop, taskbar and file explorer are just gone.here is what they look like.TaskbarWindows file explorerDesktopI also changed my visual settings for best performance, so everything is...
  8. All of my desktop icons are gone please help (more in comments)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All of my desktop icons are gone please help (more in comments): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/whatis0atmeal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/izw9nf/all_of_my_desktop_icons_are_gone_please_help_more/
  9. Lost all my desktop icons all of a sudden. Background remains the same.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost all my desktop icons all of a sudden. Background remains the same.: My desktop suddenly changed. I had approximately 18 icons grouped on the left. Now there's a single row on the left - top to bottom - with maybe two of my shortcuts. I now have trouble finding important places The appearance now is: Start Pinned tiles All apps My name...
  10. Please help me maybe I have lost all my data?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please help me maybe I have lost all my data?: Hello, so I asked a question yesterday if you can lose data after an update. Because my PC had a problem with the start menu. I was assured that I can do this without any worries. I was naive and downloaded it now I wanted to log in but he said something about "Error loading...