Windows 10: All of my microsoft apps close immediately after I open them they minimize to tool bar

Discus and support All of my microsoft apps close immediately after I open them they minimize to tool bar in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have tried everything including system restore. Nothing is helping. Even my "settings" when I click on it minimizes immediately. This happened once... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sshamber831, Sep 16, 2020.

1. All of my microsoft apps close immediately after I open them they minimize to tool bar

I have tried everything including system restore. Nothing is helping. Even my "settings" when I click on it minimizes immediately.
    This happened once before and I somehow got it working again but it has been weeks now. It is driving me crazy.

:)

sshamber831, Sep 16, 2020

2. Stock calculator app opens and closes immediately

WOW, such service.... such a quick reply. First, no need to apologize, it's not something you did. From searching at the community forum I notice what's happening with Calculator happens with other apps - they open then close immediately.

Yes, my inquiry was about the Calculator app, the one that's built into / comes with Windows 10. I updated to Windows 10 ver. 2004 the other day. Prior my updating, Calculator worked. Now it opens and all I get to see is a blue dialog and then it closes
    immediately.

so... your suggestion #1 "**Run the troubleshooter" .... did it, here's a screenshot of what came up

All of my microsoft apps close immediately after I open them they minimize to tool bar 9d581f4c-ad3e-4cfc-9987-1387d977ec0a?upload=true.png

... your suggestion #2 "**Reset the Microsoft Store cache" did that and tried Calculator - blue dialog and then it closes immediately

... your suggestion #3 "Press Start then search Apps and Features ... Search Calculator app on the list .... Click then select Advanced options .... Click Terminate then Reset" did that and nothing - tried Calculator - blue dialog
    and then it closes immediately.

.... and here's a video of me trying to run Calculator after completing suggestions #1-3

I captured a video of trying to run Calculator. I can't attach it here but I'm uploading it to Firefox Send. Because I don't have an account there this link will only last one day or one download Firefox Send

btw, I also downloaded another calculator app from the app store (see below).... Same thing, it opens and then closes immediately. I did the same with resetting it like in your suggestion #3.

All of my microsoft apps close immediately after I open them they minimize to tool bar 3c4f42de-1163-482d-84b5-8c2e7ea1374c?upload=true.png

I'm going to read a book right now so no need to reply until you feel like doing so.

Thank you very much for the quick response and suggestions. I'm sure this will all be resolved eventually.

NestorR_WPG, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Microsoft App Store opens up and immediately closes.

Greg,

I have tried everything you suggested and still cannot get the Microsoft Store app to work on my laptop. It opens for about 2 to 3 seconds and immediately closes. I have reinstalled Windows 10. I have tried going back to an earlier version of Windows
    10. I have done multiple resets of the Microsoft Store app. I have rebooted my computer over a dozen times. None of this has helped. When I go into Settings and open Apps & Features, I can see the listing for the Microsoft Store app. It is showing that
    the size of this app is 16.0 KB. Does this sound right? I would think an app like this would be much larger. I checked the size of the same app on my desk top computer and it is showing the size of the Microsoft Store app to be 1.6 MB. It looks like the
    app is not installed correctly on my lap top. Is there a way to reinstall just the Microsoft Store app? Thanks again for your help.

NeilMosesman, Sep 16, 2020
  4. All of my microsoft apps close immediately after I open them they minimize to tool bar

Why does Windows 10 close apps immediately after they are opened?

Hi Jim,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you facing this issue with all the apps?
    • Are you getting any error message while the apps are closing?
    This issue may be caused by some app corruption or some third party app confliction. I suggest you to follow the methods given below:

Method 1:
    I suggest you to run the
    Windows store app
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store app.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist kindly follow the below given method.

Method 2:
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    3. Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

All of my microsoft apps close immediately after I open them they minimize to tool bar

1. All of my microsoft apps close immediately after I open them they minimize to tool bar - Similar Threads - microsoft apps close

2. Apps open then close immediately.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps open then close immediately.: This is starting to get on my nerves. When I open an app like the Xbox app, Microsoft store, get help app, or any random app, it just closes on me. Doesn't open for a split second. This is pissing me off as I quite literally asked someone else, they said I'd get a reply with...
  3. Apps open then close immediately.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Apps open then close immediately.: This is starting to get on my nerves. When I open an app like the Xbox app, Microsoft store, get help app, or any random app, it just closes on me. Doesn't open for a split second. This is pissing me off as I quite literally asked someone else, they said I'd get a reply with...
  4. Apps close when minimizing them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps close when minimizing them: Hello, I have an issue with certain apps that always close when I left-click them on the taskbar or minimize them in the window. Whenever I click certain apps, they will just automatically close and I’ll have to re-launch them. The same thing happens when I click minimize....
  5. App opens then closes immediately right after.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    App opens then closes immediately right after.: When I try and open my antivirus software app witch is Mcafee, it opens then closes immediantly. I just got on my computer today and this started to happen. I also havent made any recent changes to my computer. I also checked if other applications where doing this and luckily...
  6. Why is my search bar immediately closing after I open it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my search bar immediately closing after I open it: When I try using the search bar it loads for a bit and then just closes submitted by /u/ThanosFanos [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gy5a95/why_is_my_search_bar_immediately_closing_after_i/
  7. Apps opening, then immediately closing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps opening, then immediately closing: Windows 10 Pro Insider Build 19041.84. Many Windows Apps , when I try to open them, open a window like they are starting correctly, then immediately close. I have tried resetting the apps, uninstalling, and reinstalling them, Windows App Store troubleshooting, DISM restore...
  8. Microsoft Sticky Notes app opens and then closes immediately after

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Sticky Notes app opens and then closes immediately after: Microsoft Sticky Notes app opens and then closes immediately after I see the icon pop up on the taskbar. I have attempted to uninstall the app via powershell admin commands. I have also attempted to re-register all apps via powershell as well. So far I have had no luck and...
  9. Microsoft Edge closes immediately after i open it

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge closes immediately after i open it: For some reason Microsoft Edge immediately closes down every time i open it. I've tried sfc /scannow and I've deleted the Microsoft Edge folder in C:/Users/"username"/AppData/Local/Packages and then entering the command in PowerShell to reset but neither worked. Does anyone...
  10. All apps are closing immediately upon opening them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All apps are closing immediately upon opening them.: All my apps open momentarily and then close. The only exception seems to be the browsers. I can go through file explorer and open the files that way, but not by clicking on the desktop app boxes. I've been looking and have yet to find someone with a similar issue. Any ideas...