Windows 10: all of my ports stopped working all of the sudden.

Discus and support all of my ports stopped working all of the sudden. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello all. so basically my ports stopped working i only have 3 ports on the back that they are still working but all of the remaining ports stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zezusa013, May 19, 2020.

1. zezusa013 Win User

all of my ports stopped working all of the sudden.

hello all.

so basically my ports stopped working

i only have 3 ports on the back that they are still working but all of the remaining ports stopped even the front ones and the type C ports.

and its kinda weird because i think they give small power if i plug a hard drive i can see the led of it turning on but for 1 sec and then goes off and never turns on again

i looked over the internet and i did the device manger things delete and restart your pc, reinstall, uninstall etc

i downloaded few programs and i updated everything on my pc last windows 10 update+all drivers etc

so any ideas?

FOR AMD USERS:

i have this " unknown device and its called AMD USB3.1 eXtensible Host Controller"

but the thing is i cant find any driver for it ! like i tried to uninstall it etc but still same thing nothing changes+ tried to look for it in AMD site or motherboard site but found nothing.

please help :

:)

zezusa013, May 19, 2020
  2. smounce Win User

USB 2.0 Ports Stopped working

Hello,

I recently noticed my USB 2.0 ports have stopped working, but my USB 3.0 port is functioning perfectly.

Steps i have tried:

- Restarting

- Searching for device changes in Device manager

- running troubleshooter

all these suggested fixes didn't remedy the issue, its a bit of an inconvenience that i only have one functioning USB port

Thanks

smounce, May 19, 2020
  3. Wireless Mouse stops working when external HDD plugged in to USB3 port

I have a minor but annoying problem and can't find a solution....

My wireless mouse stops working when an external USB3 HDD is plugged in to USB3 port. The mouse is about 3 feet away from the receiver.

My mouse is a Logitech M310.

• I don't have the problem if a USB 2 external HDD is connected to either a USB2 or USB3 port.
    • I have moved the mouse receiver to different ports on both the front and back of the computer but this doesn't change anything.
    • If I move the mouse very close to the receiver (a couple of inches), it works so it seems that the wireless range is reduced when the USB3 HDD is plugged in.
    • If I connect a wired mouse, it works fine.
    • I have 2 USB3 ports and the problem is the same on both.
    • If the USB3 HDD is connected to a USB2 port, the mouse works normally.
    • I changed the battery in the mouse but this didn't help.
    • the USB3 HDD is a WD Passport that is self powered through the USB port.

Any suggestions?

dsscottage, May 19, 2020
  4. all of my ports stopped working all of the sudden.

HDMI Port Stopped Working

I generally use a second monitor via an HDMI cable while working. However, it stopped working today.

I checked these:

• Windows cannot detect a second monitor when HDMI cable is connected to the second monitor.
    • HDMI cable which I use works if another device is connected to the second monitor.
    • My computer detects my HDMI-to-VGA converter through HDMI port.

My computer runs Windows 10 Home with latest updates installed.

I suspect this is due to a driver error. How can I fix this problem?

yildizabdullah, May 19, 2020
Thema:

all of my ports stopped working all of the sudden.

1. all of my ports stopped working all of the sudden. - Similar Threads - ports stopped working

2. WIFI stopped working all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WIFI stopped working all of a sudden: My laptop is not connecting to wifi, and networks aren't shown all of a sudden todayTrouble shoot message:Problems found "'IntelR Wireless -AC 9560 adapter is experiencing driver-or hardware related problems"When i try to update the driver via Device Manager it shows "The...
  3. WIFI stopped working all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI stopped working all of a sudden: My laptop is not connecting to wifi, and networks aren't shown all of a sudden todayTrouble shoot message:Problems found "'IntelR Wireless -AC 9560 adapter is experiencing driver-or hardware related problems"When i try to update the driver via Device Manager it shows "The...
  4. WIFI stopped working all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My microphone just suddenly stopped working all of the sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone just suddenly stopped working all of the sudden: So, i bought a new laptop Using windows 11 a couple of months ago and it was working fine until now, somehow the microphone just suddenly stopped working on all programs, yesterday it was working fine but somehow when i shut my laptop down and then turned it back on the next...
  6. My microphone just suddenly stopped working all of the sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone just suddenly stopped working all of the sudden: So, i bought a new laptop Using windows 11 a couple of months ago and it was working fine until now, somehow the microphone just suddenly stopped working on all programs, yesterday it was working fine but somehow when i shut my laptop down and then turned it back on the next...
  7. PRINTER STOPPED WORKING, ALL OF A SUDDEN

PRINTER STOPPED WORKING, ALL OF A SUDDEN: My Printer is not working on Windows 10. I did everything from troubleshooting to unplugging the Printer, uninstall the Printer, then reinstalled it, nothing seems to work. I never had a problem with my Printer before...it just stopped working. Any suggestions on what I...
  8. my usb ports stopped working all of the sudden

my usb ports stopped working all of the sudden: hello all. i have been using my computer for quite some time now and all of the sudden all of my ports stopped working. i tried to install drivers but nothing helped. i uninstall usb controllers from the device manager few times. re-installed, and checked for hardware...
  9. My headphones stopped working all of a sudden

My headphones stopped working all of a sudden: I have the Black ASTRO Gaming MixAmp Pro TR, and I've had it for a long time, I was using it fine, just minding my own business, when all of a sudden I think I clicked a button or something, and the sound went completely off. So I tried restarting... didn't work, I tried...
  10. My headphones stopped working all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Support
    My headphones stopped working all of a sudden: I have the Black ASTRO Gaming MixAmp Pro TR, and I've had it for a long time, I was using it fine, just minding my own business, when all of a sudden I think I clicked a button or something, and the sound went completely off. So I tried restarting... didn't work, I tried...