Windows 10: All of my Shortcuts are blocked by "The Administrator"

Discus and support All of my Shortcuts are blocked by "The Administrator" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Something I have done or installed has created a very strange situation on my PC (Windows 10 Pro x64). All of my programs will run as normal if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vodkasoda, Sep 18, 2018.

1. vodkasoda Win User

All of my Shortcuts are blocked by "The Administrator"

Something I have done or installed has created a very strange situation on my PC (Windows 10 Pro x64).

All of my programs will run as normal if I select / click on them. However, if I click on a Shortcut to that same program I get an error message as follows ...

"Your system administrator has blocked this program. For more information, contact your system administrator."

It obviously goes without saying that I *am* the system administrator and ONLY user on this PC !!!

Turning it off & on again doesn't help , BTW !!!

Thanks in advance ...

:)

vodkasoda, Sep 18, 2018
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.All of my Shortcuts are blocked by "The Administrator" :)

terrace, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    My PCBackup suddenly blocked by Administrator (that's me)

We appreciate that you checked the information.

Have you already performed the troubleshooting steps they provided? If not, we suggest that you also try the step provided by
    Syed Abdul Jabbar on this
    thread
    and see if would let you access MyPCBackup afterwards.

Please update us with results.

Rey Bel1, Sep 18, 2018
  4. All of my Shortcuts are blocked by "The Administrator"

How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

All of my Shortcuts are blocked by "The Administrator"

1. All of my Shortcuts are blocked by "The Administrator" - Similar Threads - Shortcuts are blocked

2. Block the Endless Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Block the Endless Shortcuts: I would appreciate if Windows 11 could add an option to automatically prevent apps from placing shortcuts. The endless stream of shortcuts coming from apps seems like it will not stop unless Windows makes a change to allow users to stop them....
  3. Block the Endless Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Block the Endless Shortcuts: I would appreciate if Windows 11 could add an option to automatically prevent apps from placing shortcuts. The endless stream of shortcuts coming from apps seems like it will not stop unless Windows makes a change to allow users to stop them....
  4. blocked by administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blocked by administrator: I am unable to install/set up device drivers; keeps saying I am blocked by administrator yet I am the only administrator. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-by-administrator/6d81a1ee-d269-4acc-b7cc-757e334c7e3d
  5. blocked by administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    blocked by administrator: I am unable to install/set up device drivers; keeps saying I am blocked by administrator yet I am the only administrator. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-by-administrator/6d81a1ee-d269-4acc-b7cc-757e334c7e3d
  6. blocked by administrator

7. Administrator? blocking my programs!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator? blocking my programs!: I am just setting up my new HP desktop and when I try to load my printer, which I was already using in Windows 10 on my old computer, I get an error message saying that is being blocked by the Administrator. I am they administrator. Also it will not let me run the Optimize...
  8. administrator block

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    administrator block: Hello, I am trying to download some games from cd. I keep getting a box which states blocked by administrator. Contact administrator. I am listed as administrator, and can't figure out this issue resolution. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
  9. Administrator blocked my installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Administrator blocked my installation: I am trying to install my printer software and it tells me that an administrator has blocked my installation. I am the only one on this computer. I have wasted hours trying to install my printer so I can use this for business. Microsoft needs to worry less about collecting...
  10. Administrator Block

Administrator Block: Clean installed Windows 10 on my Series 9 Samsung laptop. Also installed Samsung Software Update. It was quite useless. But it also plagues me on start up with a block for your protection dialog box at startup. I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR but the system doesn't think so. How do I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows shortcuts are blocked