Windows 10: All of my Windows Store apps were deleted

Discus and support All of my Windows Store apps were deleted in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Okay, for me right now, the Store is completely broken. It doesn't even try to open anymore if I click on it. Nothing happens at all. I even tried... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by TheOldyMinecart, Jul 19, 2020.

1. All of my Windows Store apps were deleted

Okay, for me right now, the Store is completely broken. It doesn't even try to open anymore if I click on it. Nothing happens at all. I even tried running the WSReset command to try and fix it, and when it was done, this dialog box showed up: "You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link". Like, what is even going on? I have never ran into this issue before. Now it's like the Store is corrupted or something. Is anyone else having this issue? And how do I fix it? It is kinda irritating.

Okay, I just figured out that the FEEDBACK HUB ISN'T WORKING EITHER. Similar error message: "You'll need a new app to open this feedback-hub link". LIKE WHY?! Now that's missing too!

Okay, now I just figured out that ALL OF MY WINDOWS STORE APPS HAVE BEEN DELETED. There's no traces of any of them. They're all gone. Calculator, Feedback Hub, all of them. Gone. I don't even know what to do at this point, I legit have NO way of sending feedback, no way to calculate stuff, etc. Everything is gone, except for the browser, Edge, a Mail app, and a video and image extension. Everything else is gone.

:)

TheOldyMinecart, Jul 19, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jul 19, 2020
  4. All of my Windows Store apps were deleted

Can't install apps from the Windows Store

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to the location,
    C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\DataStore.edb

• Delete everything in this folder.
    Note: This shall delete all the Windows Store files and update. You may have to reinstall the updates.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article and check if it helps.

Why can’t I find or install an app from Windows store.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/why-find-install-app-windows-store

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

Apps & Store

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/apps-store

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

All of my Windows Store apps were deleted

1. All of my Windows Store apps were deleted - Similar Threads - Store apps were

2. All My Apps Deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All My Apps Deleted: I reset my computer to clear some space. I clicked on "Remove Everything." I also clicked on download windows from the cloud. Everything was going well, I signed in, talked to Cortana until I started to download some apps. When I started to install VS Code, I ran the...
  3. All my files were deleted after uninstalling a program

All my files were deleted after uninstalling a program: So I had this program called BleachBit and I uninstalled it using an uninstaller called IObit Uninstaller. After I uninstalled the program, everything else from my system was also deleted. The wallpaper on my desktop turned black as if the wallpaper was deleted, the files on...
  4. All of my files were deleted...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All of my files were deleted...: I fired up my laptop this morning and every file had been moved to the recycle bin. Some files I had already permanently deleted were restored and several files, despite appearing available in my recycle bin, indicate that they no longer exist. Does anyone have some insight...
  5. HELP! All local files were deleted!

HELP! All local files were deleted!: While attempting to clear up some free space on my hard drive, I accidentally deleted my OneDrive folder. This cleaned out everything on my desktop, including current projects I'm working on as well as obliterating my documents folders and others. again, important current...
  6. my wan miniports were all deleted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my wan miniports were all deleted: ok, so i was trying to configure a gamecube controller adapter for my pc, and i installed something called zadig to install drivers for the adapter. I had the adapter plugged in and i clicked on something that appeared to be the name for the it, and replaced the drivers....
  7. HELP please - ALL FILES in my user folder were DELETED by Windows

HELP please - ALL FILES in my user folder were DELETED by Windows: After I restarted my PC today, ALL files in my user folder are deleted, including pictures, videos, documents, desktop, music.... only the empty folder structure remains. The files are not moved to other folders on the C drive, I've looked for them. No new user profile were...
  8. All my files were deleted after Windows 10 update.

All my files were deleted after Windows 10 update.: After an Windows update last night I discovered that all my files on my C: drive were gone. At first I could not even log in on my account. Which is odd beacuse I don't use a password on my user profile since I am the only one using this computer. I restared the computer but...
  9. windows 10 refreshed and all my apps were gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 refreshed and all my apps were gone: My laptop had windows 10 in it it said that windows 10 has some problem that they're fixing but after 2 hours it said to refresh the computer and every app was deleted including Microsoft office....
  10. Deleted all store apps Windows 10. How to recover ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted all store apps Windows 10. How to recover ?: Hi all I was trying to remove some unnecessary apps from "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps" folder download earlier from store. But somehow windows couldn't see the the content of the folder and stops running apps. How can I recover all default apps. Is there way to somehow...