Windows 10: all of sudden the D: drive disappeared and I couldn't find it in the Disk management

Discus and support all of sudden the D: drive disappeared and I couldn't find it in the Disk management in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tuttus92 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eq2jzu/all_of_sudden_the_d_drive_disappeared_and_i/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tuttus92, Jan 17, 2020.

1. all of sudden the D: drive disappeared and I couldn't find it in the Disk management

/u/tuttus92, Jan 17, 2020
  2. KR1021 Win User

D Drive Disappeared

My D Drive just disappeared. Using Windows 10. anyone have any suggestions on how to find my disk?

I am a college student and need my drive quickly

KR1021, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 17, 2020
  4. dg_bladee Win User

all of sudden the D: drive disappeared and I couldn't find it in the Disk management

D Drive Disappeared.

I was using my computer as per usual, and just earlier today I had access to all of my games and software on my D: drive. When I came home, all of it was gone. I have currently tried to solve the issue by:

- scanning for viruses (AVG and Windows Defender)

- re-scanning disks in disk manager (the only drives listen are Disk 0 Partition 1, OS_Install (Call of sudden the D: drive disappeared and I couldn't find it in the Disk management :), and WinRe Tools)

- looking through device manager to see if my proper drive was listen (it was not)

- restarting my computer

- restarting my computer and using the startup repair and system restore advanced settings

One thing I did notice, is that in BIOS my D: drive is listed there, but when I boot up my computer again, no trace of it. Please reply ASAP.

dg_bladee, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

all of sudden the D: drive disappeared and I couldn't find it in the Disk management

1. all of sudden the D: drive disappeared and I couldn't find it in the Disk management - Similar Threads - sudden drive disappeared

2. D Drive suddenly disappears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D Drive suddenly disappears: I have C Drive and D Drive in my laptop. I bought with both harddisks installed.Earlier this year, I updated my laptop to Windows 11, and it was the start of all problems, including a series of BSODs.Today I got the BSOD with the error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, and after...
  3. D Drive suddenly disappears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D Drive suddenly disappears: I have C Drive and D Drive in my laptop. I bought with both harddisks installed.Earlier this year, I updated my laptop to Windows 11, and it was the start of all problems, including a series of BSODs.Today I got the BSOD with the error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, and after...
  4. Disk Drive D disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Drive D disappeared: I installed Chromeos Flex in my pc.But after i revert back to windows my d drive is missiong.Pls help.It's my father pc.If he knows, i will be punished https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-drive-d-disappeared/00025fdc-652f-473f-bdab-3ba0336b74b2
  5. Disk Drive D disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Drive D disappeared: I installed Chromeos Flex in my pc.But after i revert back to windows my d drive is missiong.Pls help.It's my father pc.If he knows, i will be punished https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-drive-d-disappeared/00025fdc-652f-473f-bdab-3ba0336b74b2
  6. Disk Drive D disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Disk D and E suddenly disappeared

Disk D and E suddenly disappeared: Yesterday I shut down and update my computer. After the update finishes and it shut down, my brother pulled the wifi cable from the computer and used it for his laptop. after reattaching the said wifi cable to the computer and launching it, some shortcuts at desktop...
  8. My D: and all its data completely disappeared (could not even find it in Disk Management)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My D: and all its data completely disappeared (could not even find it in Disk Management): (Posted this in r/techsupport already but no replies as of yet) My laptop model is Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51 I encountered this issue today when my game crashed while I was playing it. Went to relaunch the game and Steam said there was a disk read error and I had...
  9. D: Drive Suddenly Disappeared

D: Drive Suddenly Disappeared: Hey everyone, it seems I run to some sort of a sudden problem. I'd appreciate your help! So, after some sort of Windows 10 crash, I had to restart my PC. However, I randomly noticed that my D: drive is missing! I have two drives, the C: drive which has all the drivers as...
  10. cant find my d drive in disk management

cant find my d drive in disk management: I cant find my d drive in disk management. I got a pop up saying the disk has been ejected . How can I get it back? Thanks, Vikas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-d-drive-in-disk-management/315fd472-96f9-4342-b735-880ba5928fdc

Users found this page by searching for:

1. couldnt find disk d