Windows 10: All of the audio that goes into my headphones also goes through my microphone

Discus and support All of the audio that goes into my headphones also goes through my microphone in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title I've looked everywhere for a solution but all of the "fixes" don't have anything to do with the computer feeding all of it's output audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Freewire, Mar 16, 2020.

1. All of the audio that goes into my headphones also goes through my microphone

Title
    I've looked everywhere for a solution but all of the "fixes" don't have anything to do with the computer feeding all of it's output audio directly into the input audio as well. I'm almost certain that it has nothing to do with my headphones because I used them on another Windows pc with an external mic and it worked fine. I believe it's my laptop's built in mic but I'm not sure. It's creating a horrible feedback noise and the echo cancellation doesn't do anything. The strangest part about all of this is that when I record my voice using audacity, there's no problem at all. No feedback or anything. I feel like I'm the only person who has had this problem and it only affects this one laptop.

submitted by /u/Freewire
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Freewire, Mar 16, 2020

2. Microphone boost goes up to +10db max?

Is this a hardware limitation? The microphone boost goes up to 10db?

All of the audio that goes into my headphones also goes through my microphone [​IMG]

Firecatmon, Mar 16, 2020
  3. alexsubri Win User
    Microphone Headphone Blues

FIXED! I feel like an idiot. My audio cable that goes into the Motherboard (F_AUDIO) wasn't connected fully, hence no microphone or headphone. So, I opened my case and viola, I saw that the cable wasn't fully connected!

Thanks! *Nutkick :nutkick:

/close thread

alexsubri, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Salvyar Win User

All of the audio that goes into my headphones also goes through my microphone

Headphone microphone not working.

no plugged in cable
    All of the audio that goes into my headphones also goes through my microphone [​IMG]

Plugged in cable (in front of pc)

Selected headphone

Selected Mic in

Clicked on cog (its same with Mic in and Headphone)

Wrench (also same with headphone and Mic in)

This is all i know btw when i click headphone it says mic is unplugged and when i do Mic in it says speakers are unplugged and mic is on.

Salvyar, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

All of the audio that goes into my headphones also goes through my microphone

1. All of the audio that goes into my headphones also goes through my microphone - Similar Threads - audio goes headphones

2. Audio goes through microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio goes through microphone: Hello, When I am speaking on discord or Whatsapp web, pc sounds goes through microphone clearly. I checked forum and google, there were some people who has same problem. As people suggested to update the driver or other sound settings but it is till same. Can you please help...
  3. Audio goes through microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio goes through microphone: Hello, When I am speaking on discord or Whatsapp web, pc sounds goes through microphone clearly. I checked forum and google, there were some people who has same problem. As people suggested to update the driver or other sound settings but it is till same. Can you please help...
  4. Problem with audio through my headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with audio through my headphones: Hello, I recently bought this used PC and for the first few days of having it and using it, it worked fine. Just recently I booted it up and there was no sound playing through my headphones at all. I figured it was just a problem with my headphones but that isn't the case. I...
  5. Problem with audio through my headphones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with audio through my headphones: Hello, I recently bought this used PC and for the first few days of having it and using it, it worked fine. Just recently I booted it up and there was no sound playing through my headphones at all. I figured it was just a problem with my headphones but that isn't the case. I...
  6. Problem with audio through my headphones

7. All of my Audio is playing through my microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of my Audio is playing through my microphone: As in the title, all of my audio is playing through my microphone to applications like discord and steam. Whenever I watch a video in the background of a steam or discord chat it plays so that everyone in the call can hear it. I have seen this issue brought up a few times on...
  8. All of my Audio is playing through my microphone

All of my Audio is playing through my microphone: As in the title, all of my audio is playing through my microphone to applications like discord and steam. Whenever I watch a video in the background of a steam or discord chat it plays so that everyone in the call can hear it. I have seen this issue brought up a few times on...
  9. My audio goes off randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    My audio goes off randomly: Hi My audio goes off randomly and when it does it affects everything like Skype, Bloomberg videos, Zoom etc. Windows updates re-sets it but this is now becoming a constant issue. After doing the updates and getting everything working yesterday the audio is off again today....
  10. I have headphones plugged into my computer, but the audio only goes through my speakers not...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have headphones plugged into my computer, but the audio only goes through my speakers not...: How do I fix this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-headphones-plugged-into-my-computer-but-the/941760b8-c59c-4a57-bb39-af391f96815d