Windows 10: All of the text in Windows messed up during working in Word

Discus and support All of the text in Windows messed up during working in Word in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. I've had this problem for a few days and it randomly started when I was working in Word. All of the text disappeared, pop-ups became abnormally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Snipers_KangarooWife, Mar 24, 2020.

1. All of the text in Windows messed up during working in Word

Hi. I've had this problem for a few days and it randomly started when I was working in Word. All of the text disappeared, pop-ups became abnormally elongated with no text on them, some windows became short and basically, almost all of the computer got messed up, but all of it got fixed by itself after I restarted the PC.

Today, I ran into the problem again! This time, when I clicked on the font selecting tab in Word, the same thing happened: text disappeared, windows got messed up and stuff.

Here are some photos so you have a better idea what I mean: https://imgur.com/a/BRTvDZR

The problem starts when I try to type 'risky' key combinations in any software (as it did in Paint Tool Sai 2), or when I basically try to do anything besides just typing in Word.

How can I fix this issue? My uni just started and I can NOT afford this kind of a problem! D:

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Snipers_KangarooWife
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Snipers_KangarooWife, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

three word suggestions

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to disable word suggestions when you type any word. I’ll certainly help you with the steps.

To disable text suggestions, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Devices, and click on
      Typing
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, under Typing toggle the switch to off for
      Show text suggestions as I type on the software keyboard.
    4. Under Hardware keyboard, toggle the switch to on for
      Show text suggestions as I type.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Predictive text (normal vs word suggestions)

Which Nokia phone will give me word suggestion? I don''t particularly want a very sophisticated phone with camera, internet etc. All I want is to speak and text, but with word suggestion, completing the words for me, not only the basic predictive text.
    Can someone please suggest a phone that actually does that instead of only claiming to do it? (And what's the law on misleading claims? W.S. is listed in the functions!)

Jane Lewis

jane54---01, Mar 24, 2020
  4. aleisha11 Win User

All of the text in Windows messed up during working in Word

Deleting specific words from the predictive text dictionary

Hi, BigOnion. Welcome to our community. There's no option to delete a specific word. But, you may try suggesting the idea through this link: Feature
    Suggestions

If in case you want the words not to be suggested or reset the personal dictionary, here is how you do it:

Windows Phone 8

1. Go to Settings > keyboard > tap your language keyboard.
    2. Uncheck Suggest text.
    3. Press the Back key to return to the keyboard screen.
    4. Press advanced > reset suggestions
      to remove all the words you have added to your suggestion list, but keep the ones that came with your phone.
    Windows Phone 7

1. Go to Settings > keyboard > select input languages under
      Choose keyboard languages.
    2. Press typing settings > press input language under
      Keyboard.
    3. Uncheck Suggest text and highlight misspelt words.
    4. Press the Back key to return to the typing settings screen.
    5. Press reset suggestions to remove all the words that you have added to your suggestion list, but keep the ones that came with your phone.

aleisha11, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

All of the text in Windows messed up during working in Word

1. All of the text in Windows messed up during working in Word - Similar Threads - text messed during

2. Windows Texts are messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Texts are messed up: The problem started when I changed my Windows License from Home to Education. All the texts in settings, file manager, wifi, notification, etc changed and shows something else. Here's a screenshot:I am currently using Windows 11. Updated to the latest version, don't want to...
  3. Windows Texts are messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Texts are messed up: The problem started when I changed my Windows License from Home to Education. All the texts in settings, file manager, wifi, notification, etc changed and shows something else. Here's a screenshot:I am currently using Windows 11. Updated to the latest version, don't want to...
  4. Word is highlighting all text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word is highlighting all text: Word has just started highlighting all text in documents so that I cannot edit at all. Sometimes I can open up a new blank Word doc and click on the page and then switch back to the document I am working on and then I can make edits for a bit before it highlights all the text...
  5. Word is highlighting all text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word is highlighting all text: Word has just started highlighting all text in documents so that I cannot edit at all. Sometimes I can open up a new blank Word doc and click on the page and then switch back to the document I am working on and then I can make edits for a bit before it highlights all the text...
  6. Word is highlighting all text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 thumbnails all messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 thumbnails all messed up: Hello Microsoft communityI'm using Windows 10 on Laptop And For a No reason I cant see my videos Thumbnail....Any Solution For That?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-thumbnails-all-messed-up/8e55356d-706d-4c70-b1fe-1775bee6ce5d
  8. Word opens during boot-up

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word opens during boot-up: WIN 10 Home Version 1909 Build 18363.836 When booting-up, Word is open/launched on my desktop. Started recently. How do I stop this? 156681
  9. Windows 10 Text Colors are all sorts of messed up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Text Colors are all sorts of messed up.: [ATTACH] These are just a few examples of what happened. It happened out of the blue suddenly everything just changed colors and i can't fix it. Anybody have a way to fix it....
  10. Drivers and Windows are all messed up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Drivers and Windows are all messed up: Hi ! Yesterday i decided to clean my PC from the inside and after i was done and booted my PC up, everything seemed fine except my keyboard and mouse didn't work on the login screen anymore, They however worked in bios menu (( well keyboard did )) and well i did system...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. text messed up on word