Windows 10: All Office applications have stopped working

Discus and support All Office applications have stopped working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good afternoon, Since running Avast Cleanup Premium this morning it seems that none of my office applications are working. Here is an example of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KPettit, Jun 10, 2020.

1. KPettit Win User

All Office applications have stopped working

Good afternoon,

Since running Avast Cleanup Premium this morning it seems that none of my office applications are working. Here is an example of the error message:

Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\kelsi\Desktop\NP_Euskadiko Orkestra martxan.docx'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again.

I have run Avast Cleanup Premium several times in the past with no problems.

I have updated Windows, uninstalled and reinstalled Office, and updated my translation software Trados according to their guidance I first noticed the problem when attempting to carry a routine file preview of a Trados file in Word. None of this has solved the problem.

I have also tried reversing the changes made by Avast Cleanup Premium using their 'rescue centre' feature, to no avail.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Kelsie

:)

KPettit, Jun 10, 2020

2. MS Office applications stop screensaver working - Windows 10

Microsoft Office 365 Windows Version 1611 (Build 7571.2109).

No changes made.

No troubleshooting apart from re-checking the screensaver settings - as stated the screensaver works perfectly well until any Office application is activated.

Dj-Stevens, Jun 10, 2020
  3. MS Office applications stop screensaver working - Windows 10

Microsoft Office 365 Windows Version 1611 (Build 7571.2109).

No changes made.

No troubleshooting apart from re-checking the screensaver settings - as stated the screensaver works perfectly well until any Office application is activated.

I am still waiting for further comment / advice.

Dj-Stevens, Jun 10, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

office 365 : Project application not working

Hi Manikanta, that looks like your Office 365 installation is somehow corrupt, follow these steps to perform a full repair of your Office installation . . .

Open Control Panel - Programs and Features

Click Microsoft Office in the list of installed applications

At the top, click 'Change'

On the resulting dialog, click 'Repair' - choose the Online Repair, it is a comprehensive fix

That should fix any issues with your Office Installation . . .

DaveM121, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

1. All Office applications have stopped working - Similar Threads - Office applications stopped

2. Why have all of my applications excel, word, powerpoint and outlook stopped working in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why have all of my applications excel, word, powerpoint and outlook stopped working in the...: Why have all of my applications excel, word, powerpoint and outlook stopped working in the last week? Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-have-all-of-my-applications-excel-word/9b878bcc-e54a-49f7-89a6-5ca61a4b1722
  3. Why have all of my applications excel, word, powerpoint and outlook stopped working in the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why have all of my applications excel, word, powerpoint and outlook stopped working in the...: Why have all of my applications excel, word, powerpoint and outlook stopped working in the last week? Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-have-all-of-my-applications-excel-word/9b878bcc-e54a-49f7-89a6-5ca61a4b1722
  4. Why have all of my applications excel, word, powerpoint and outlook stopped working in the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. OFFICE APPLICATIONS

OFFICE APPLICATIONS: I cannot open my applications. I am getting an error that says the application was unable to start connecting click ok to close the application with an error in parenthesis...
  6. Office stops working and I have to reinstall it, why?

Office stops working and I have to reinstall it, why?: Every so often, my brand new install of office 365, on my brand new computer, stops working and I get the error message: "C:Program Files\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16\VCRUNTIME140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the...
  7. All Microsoft apps have stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All Microsoft apps have stopped working: I can't seem to get anything from Microsoft store or the Xbox app to work. I can't download any updates from the store and the Xbox app can't launch any games. I uninstalled the app and tried to reinstall but it just gets stuck on the window "Making things awesome". Has...
  8. All USB Drives have stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All USB Drives have stopped working: Hi, I'm confused. I bought a new laptop in November 2018. I have an external hard drive that I use to store back ups on. I used that to move my files from the old lap top (using windows 7) to the new one (using windows 10) and it worked fine. I normally do a back up once...
  9. office 365 : Project application not working

office 365 : Project application not working: the ordinal 5207 could not be located in the dynamic link library c:\program files (x86)\microsoft office\root\office16\winproj.exe...
  10. All Java programs have stopped working.

All Java programs have stopped working.: Hi, I recently updated my computer to Windows 10 which worked fine. Today, I started to do some programming in Java which I do a lot. I noticed that when I ran my java application, or ANY java application, within a few seconds it would say "Java SE Binary has stopped...