Windows 10: All OK before performing Reset of PC. Now dead

Discus and support All OK before performing Reset of PC. Now dead in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Well, I thought I knew what I was doing. The computer is an Acer Veriton VN4620G-i5333X. Originally a Windows 8 computer that I upgraded to 10 when 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SJMaye, Nov 1, 2018.

1. SJMaye Win User

All OK before performing Reset of PC. Now dead

Well, I thought I knew what I was doing. The computer is an Acer Veriton VN4620G-i5333X. Originally a Windows 8 computer that I upgraded to 10 when 10 was released long ago. The upgrade went seamlessly. The computer has been sitting idle for a couple years. I decided I would try to sell it. To wipe any chance of my data from it I performed a Reset of PC to erase everything and start over. That is when it all went South.

The reset appeared to be progressing OK until I noticed the PC rebooting over and over again. Finally to display a message that something was corrupted. I decided to use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool and boot to the flash drive. Again, everything looked fine. It even got to the Hello etc. Never actually got to the desktop. The last action it started to perform was applying any needed updates. A while later it is started rebooting over and over again.

I tried several things, but now it is even worse. The computer will start to boot and almost immediately shutdown.

Can anyone offer an idea to save this little PC?

:)

SJMaye, Nov 1, 2018
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 1, 2018
  3. Anthony Cato Win User
    Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Nov 1, 2018
  4. anandsap123 Win User

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

1. All OK before performing Reset of PC. Now dead - Similar Threads - before performing Reset

2. I installed windows 10 yesterday now my PC is dead

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I installed windows 10 yesterday now my PC is dead: Hi i installed windows 10 from 8 on my pc lenovo i3 yesterday was working fine did a normal shutdown but today i started my pc and all iv got is the lenovo pop up on the screen and nothing else iv tried all the buttons to enter safe mode and the pc is completely...
  3. Is it ok to check for updates now?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it ok to check for updates now?: Is it ok to check for updates now after the whole Windows update deleting files thing has been pulled? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-ok-to-check-for-updates-now/7f9b243b-a3ae-446d-bcdc-68e51e12eb9b
  4. Windows 10 reset - PC now dead

Windows 10 reset - PC now dead: Following multiple issues with Windows 10 I decided to reset. It took several hours and when I came back to my PC there was just a black screen. By pressing F2 when booting up I can enter ‘Recovery’ where it tells me ‘It looks like windows hasn’t loaded correctly’. Using...
  5. PC Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Performance: I have the following three tools on my PC (HP All-in-One Pavilion): Phoenix 360 (with System Mechanic), CCleaner Professional and PC Reviver (suggested on HP website to keep drivers up-to-date). Is this over-kill? Do they all do about the same thing? Are there one or...
  6. PC Dead (maybe)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC Dead (maybe): OK over the last 2 months my pc has just shut down for no reason and the only way to get it to turn back on is to pull the plug from the wall and wait a few seconds. It has done this about 3 times. Last night playing ARK my game froze and the only way to get back to the...
  7. Broken phone volume down button now how to perform Reset?

in Windows 10 Support
    Broken phone volume down button now how to perform Reset?: Something happened where when I powered up my phone the exclamation mark appeared and the only way to get it to boot proper was to hold the volume up button along with the power button. Volume down did nothing. Once booted up the volume slider meter would appear at the top...
  8. reset this pc help before i do

reset this pc help before i do: Hello, Im new to windows 10. I bought a used laptop acer aspire v3 731 4695 last week and i really like it. Also it was updated to windows 10 already before i got it. All is working very well but the previous owners name pops up on various things and i would like to start...
  9. Factory reset failed, is computer dead?

Factory reset failed, is computer dead?: i tried to wipe my hard drive using the system wipe function in windows settings, and I let it do that while I had to go do something else. I came back to an error that it had an error during the process, and a sole button "cancel." It now tries and fails to boot up past the...
  10. Question before performing a clean installation

Question before performing a clean installation: I will be clean installing Windows 10 and was looking to make sure that my Personal synced settings are backed up and reinstalled during the installation process. I'm just looking for some feedback from the rest of the guys on the forum. Are there other users who have PC or...