Windows 10: All OK before performing Reset of PC. Now dead

Discus and support All OK before performing Reset of PC. Now dead in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Well, I thought I knew what I was doing. The computer is an Acer Veriton VN4620G-i5333X. Originally a Windows 8 computer that I upgraded to 10 when 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SJMaye, Nov 1, 2018.

1. SJMaye Win User

All OK before performing Reset of PC. Now dead

Well, I thought I knew what I was doing. The computer is an Acer Veriton VN4620G-i5333X. Originally a Windows 8 computer that I upgraded to 10 when 10 was released long ago. The upgrade went seamlessly. The computer has been sitting idle for a couple years. I decided I would try to sell it. To wipe any chance of my data from it I performed a Reset of PC to erase everything and start over. That is when it all went South.

The reset appeared to be progressing OK until I noticed the PC rebooting over and over again. Finally to display a message that something was corrupted. I decided to use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool and boot to the flash drive. Again, everything looked fine. It even got to the Hello etc. Never actually got to the desktop. The last action it started to perform was applying any needed updates. A while later it is started rebooting over and over again.

I tried several things, but now it is even worse. The computer will start to boot and almost immediately shutdown.

Can anyone offer an idea to save this little PC?

:)

SJMaye, Nov 1, 2018
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 1, 2018
  3. Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Nov 1, 2018
  4. All OK before performing Reset of PC. Now dead

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

All OK before performing Reset of PC. Now dead

1. All OK before performing Reset of PC. Now dead - Similar Threads - before performing Reset

2. performed a system reset and now almost all of my files have gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    performed a system reset and now almost all of my files have gone: I recently performed a system reset via a microsoft assistant helping me as my laptop was randomly deleting icons etc from my desktop, however after moving things from my eternal disk drive back onto my desktop over half of my files have vanished off of the face of the...
  3. performed a system reset and now almost all of my files have gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    performed a system reset and now almost all of my files have gone: I recently performed a system reset via a microsoft assistant helping me as my laptop was randomly deleting icons etc from my desktop, however after moving things from my eternal disk drive back onto my desktop over half of my files have vanished off of the face of the...
  4. performed a system reset and now almost all of my files have gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Failure to perform a PC Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure to perform a PC Reset: I am attempting to reset my PC so that the only thing on it is Windows but when I tried to reset it I received an error message and the reset fails. I ran a ScanNow in CMD and received the following message "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to...
  6. Failure to perform a PC Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failure to perform a PC Reset: I am attempting to reset my PC so that the only thing on it is Windows but when I tried to reset it I received an error message and the reset fails. I ran a ScanNow in CMD and received the following message "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to...
  7. Poor performance after pc reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Poor performance after pc reset: Reset my pc and now apps and games freeze or run at extremely low frames, and videos will freeze but audio will continue. Apps and games don't consume much resource so that's not it, drivers are up to date....
  8. PC now dead.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC now dead.: Dear Microsoft, Following a windows 10 update on Friday night 18th December 2020 my PC which is a couple of years old has died with the dreaded black screen of death and curser working. I have tried f8 keys soft boots and wasted hours of time. Can someone help?...
  9. Dead pc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dead pc: My pc won’t turn onno fans or lights and this happened after 3 consecutive overheats. I replaced the cpu and the motherboard and am really not sure what is left. This is 100% a hardware issue. I know my pc pretty well but im bamboozled at this point...
  10. Windows 10 reset - PC now dead

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 reset - PC now dead: Following multiple issues with Windows 10 I decided to reset. It took several hours and when I came back to my PC there was just a black screen. By pressing F2 when booting up I can enter ‘Recovery’ where it tells me ‘It looks like windows hasn’t loaded correctly’. Using...