Windows 10: ALL Onedrive files including onenote were deleted.

Discus and support ALL Onedrive files including onenote were deleted. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Today I noticed when opening my onenote that all my notebooks were deleted. Checking the onedrive site I noticed EVERYTHING was gone and in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoelPersinger, Jan 22, 2021.

1. ALL Onedrive files including onenote were deleted.

Today I noticed when opening my onenote that all my notebooks were deleted. Checking the onedrive site I noticed EVERYTHING was gone and in the recycling bin. Has anyone else experienced this? It really makes not sense becuase I don't share anything or synchronize onedrive to any computer. There is no chance that I or anyone else deleted anything, I only use onenote.

If you or anyone else has an explanation please let me know. My life is in onenote, I can't loose it!!

:)

JoelPersinger, Jan 22, 2021

2. Deleting OneNote pages

To delete a page from OneNote you can follow the below steps.

• In the "all pages" view find the page you want to delete
    • press and hold on the page
    • And press the "delete" option shown
    OR

• Open the section having the page to be deleted.
    • press and hold on the page which needs to be deleted
    • And press the "delete" option shown
    Hope this helps.

J. Hari Krishna Reddy, Jan 22, 2021
  3. SOHO1 Win User
    OneNote cannot connect to OneDrive

Windows 7 - No problem, I get a list of all my OneDrive folders for Web Locations.
    Windows 10 - Doesn't connect me logged into OneDrive and I cannot select a location. *Mad
    Note however, *Eek that if I follow the "Microsoft OneDrive" hyperlink right after the words "Web Location", it DOES open the OneDrive folder list automatically in a separate window, but that doesn't get me choice of locations on this screen so that I can choose a location. What's missing here? *Confused

ALL Onedrive files including onenote were deleted. [​IMG]

My work around for now is to keep switching back to Win7 to use OneNote there when I need to create new notebooks on OneDrive.

SOHO1, Jan 22, 2021
  4. GFD
    gfd Win User

ALL Onedrive files including onenote were deleted.

OneNote Delete

Thanks guys,

I tried the cache thing, but when I ran OneNote /safeboot, it just opened the program with no option to clear the cache. I was about to reinstall both versions of OneNote, but decided to have one more look.

I was still concerned about deleting the cache folder, so I read this page, which gave me the impression the world wouldn't come to an end if I did:

Where is the OneNote cache location? How to clear the OneNote Cache?

After a restart, that got rid of any data or pages associated with the left over notebooks. But they were still showing up, even though they were greyed out. I found a YouTube video about deleting notebooks:

At the 2:30 mark, the author pointed out that the notebooks have to be closed. After all that, the old notebooks were gone.

So, here's the process, as I understand it:
    -turn off sync for the notebooks
    -delete the notebooks on the local drive and/or OneDrive (check any location where they might exist)
    -open settings > Save and Backup. Note the location of the cache file. Close OneNote. Navigate there and delete the cache. Also delete backups. It won't delete any existing notebooks and I suspect the cache will be rebuilt and backups will continue to be created.
    -restart OneNote. Right click on the dead notebooks and close them (yes this is necessary)
    -go to the recent list and delete the dead notebooks

I'm an MS fan, but Microsoft should be embarrassed. How many people would be using Office if it took that kind of effort to delete a Word or Excel document.

I know this is verbose, but hopefully it will help others.

Graham

Thema:

ALL Onedrive files including onenote were deleted.

1. ALL Onedrive files including onenote were deleted. - Similar Threads - Onedrive files including

2. Safely delete everything including OneDrive from old PC but keep all OneDrive files in cloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safely delete everything including OneDrive from old PC but keep all OneDrive files in cloud: Bought a new PC-Win 11. OneDrive is installed and all works/syncs fine. Have an old PC-Win 10. OneDrive is still on it and all works/syncs fine. I want to reset the old Win 10 PC and no longer use OneDrive on that PC.Based on what I've read my plan is to do the following...
  3. Safely delete everything including OneDrive from old PC but keep all OneDrive files in cloud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Safely delete everything including OneDrive from old PC but keep all OneDrive files in cloud: Bought a new PC-Win 11. OneDrive is installed and all works/syncs fine. Have an old PC-Win 10. OneDrive is still on it and all works/syncs fine. I want to reset the old Win 10 PC and no longer use OneDrive on that PC.Based on what I've read my plan is to do the following...
  4. Safely delete everything including OneDrive from old PC but keep all OneDrive files in cloud

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. OneDrive - deleted all my files, including the recycle bin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive - deleted all my files, including the recycle bin: I deleted all my files in Onedrive, and then tried to restore all files in the Recycle Bin, but no files appear. Is there any way to call Microsoft and have them restore these files? Btw, I was horrified to see the complete lack of support for home users. The less I have to...
  6. OneDrive - deleted all my files, including the recycle bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive - deleted all my files, including the recycle bin: I deleted all my files in Onedrive, and then tried to restore all files in the Recycle Bin, but no files appear. Is there any way to call Microsoft and have them restore these files? Btw, I was horrified to see the complete lack of support for home users. The less I have to...
  7. All of my files were deleted...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All of my files were deleted...: I fired up my laptop this morning and every file had been moved to the recycle bin. Some files I had already permanently deleted were restored and several files, despite appearing available in my recycle bin, indicate that they no longer exist. Does anyone have some insight...
  8. HELP! All local files were deleted!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HELP! All local files were deleted!: While attempting to clear up some free space on my hard drive, I accidentally deleted my OneDrive folder. This cleaned out everything on my desktop, including current projects I'm working on as well as obliterating my documents folders and others. again, important current...
  9. Windows Update: all of my files including my downloads and pictures were removed/deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Update: all of my files including my downloads and pictures were removed/deleted: I just updated and restarted my computer last night and when I went to login, it kept repeating the same error message. When I was finally able to login, I noticed that my background screen had changed to a normal windows blue screen. Thinking this was weird, I went to my...
  10. Sync to OneDrive- all files, including OS!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sync to OneDrive- all files, including OS!!: I turned on Sync to OneDrive, thinking it would just put my personal documents on One Drive. However, it is at this moment copying all the system files to OneDrive. I don't want this. How do I stop? How do I just sync the few personnal files I have on a laptop?...