Windows 10: All open windows keep on unminimizing from taskbar randomly

Discus and support All open windows keep on unminimizing from taskbar randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I can find plenty of info on windows minimizing randomly, but not the opposite. I have 2 monitors, 1 4K and 1 below 1080P. I've always had weird... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarkWEC, Apr 8, 2021.

1. MarkWEC Win User

All open windows keep on unminimizing from taskbar randomly

So I can find plenty of info on windows minimizing randomly, but not the opposite. I have 2 monitors, 1 4K and 1 below 1080P. I've always had weird glitches and scaling issues especially with full screen programs, but this is something new. Over the past week or so after the windows update. every so often all my windows that are minimized to taskbar will suddenly unminimize themselves, and my browser which is usually maximized on my second monitor gets restored down. It only happens when i'm using my PC but I don't need to be doing anything at all, just moving my mouse around.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
    I ran a full scan with Defender and malwarebytes and nothing came up. Windows is updated to the latest version

:)

MarkWEC, Apr 8, 2021

2. automatic 'unminimizing' of windows

When I am working with any of the MS Office apps, if I have one file already open, but minimized, and I open another file that uses the same app, that seems to cause the window that I minimized to 'unminimize' (for lack of a better word). So, with no windows
    open, but one minimized, when I open another file, I then end up with 2 windows open on the desktop.

How can I stop this from happening? It's pretty frustrating to have to 're-minimize' the first file every time.

Laura Wright, Apr 8, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    Help!, windows taskbar disapeared!!!

Try Ctrl+Esc.

If Recycle Bin is the only icon you can see, open it, from the explorer window navigate to Control Panel and find Taskbar settings there.

btarunr, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

1. All open windows keep on unminimizing from taskbar randomly - Similar Threads - open keep unminimizing

2. How to stop Surface tablet from unminimizing all windows when opening cover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Surface tablet from unminimizing all windows when opening cover: When I close the cover on my Surface tablet running Windows 11, it goes to sleep. That's fine. But when I open the cover, it not only wakes up, it unminimizes all the minimized windows. Every time.I don't want any windows un-minimized unless I deliberately do it. How can I...
  3. How to stop Surface tablet from unminimizing all windows when opening cover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop Surface tablet from unminimizing all windows when opening cover: When I close the cover on my Surface tablet running Windows 11, it goes to sleep. That's fine. But when I open the cover, it not only wakes up, it unminimizes all the minimized windows. Every time.I don't want any windows un-minimized unless I deliberately do it. How can I...
  4. Powershell keeps opening randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell keeps opening randomly.: Powershell keeps opening and closing randomly. It's super annoying when I'm trying to play a game and it tabs out of my game because of powershell. How can I stop this....
  5. Powershell keeps opening randomly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell keeps opening randomly.: Powershell keeps opening and closing randomly. It's super annoying when I'm trying to play a game and it tabs out of my game because of powershell. How can I stop this....
  6. Powershell keeps opening randomly.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Taskbar keeps resizing itself randomly

Taskbar keeps resizing itself randomly: I never used to have this problem on older versions of windows or even the current windows 10 using a 1080p monitor/tv. Since I have been using a 4k tv as my monitor, windows has randomly been increasing my taskbar size by one level. I always have the taskbar locked but it...
  8. Apps won't open from taskbar, or open behind all other open screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps won't open from taskbar, or open behind all other open screens: I have a new Dell computer running on Windows 10. Upon originally setting it up, the taskbar either 1. Will not open any of the apps on it, or 2. if it does open an app, it opens it up behind ever other currently open screen. You can only open apps on the front screen by...
  9. automatic 'unminimizing' of windows

automatic 'unminimizing' of windows: When I am working with any of the MS Office apps, if I have one file already open, but minimized, and I open another file that uses the same app, that seems to cause the window that I minimized to 'unminimize' (for lack of a better word). So, with no windows open, but one...
  10. Explorer refuses to open from taskbar and random square on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer refuses to open from taskbar and random square on desktop: Hello, I've been experiencing some bugs with Windows 10, I tried restarting it but the problem still remains. There's this weird app that's making this square thing show up on my desktop, I've disabled all the possible apps at startup that could cause this issue but the...