Windows 10: All open windows keep on unminimizing from taskbar randomly

Discus and support All open windows keep on unminimizing from taskbar randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I can find plenty of info on windows minimizing randomly, but not the opposite. I have 2 monitors, 1 4K and 1 below 1080P. I've always had weird... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarkWEC, Apr 8, 2021.

1. MarkWEC Win User

All open windows keep on unminimizing from taskbar randomly

So I can find plenty of info on windows minimizing randomly, but not the opposite. I have 2 monitors, 1 4K and 1 below 1080P. I've always had weird glitches and scaling issues especially with full screen programs, but this is something new. Over the past week or so after the windows update. every so often all my windows that are minimized to taskbar will suddenly unminimize themselves, and my browser which is usually maximized on my second monitor gets restored down. It only happens when i'm using my PC but I don't need to be doing anything at all, just moving my mouse around.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
    I ran a full scan with Defender and malwarebytes and nothing came up. Windows is updated to the latest version

:)

MarkWEC, Apr 8, 2021

2. automatic 'unminimizing' of windows

When I am working with any of the MS Office apps, if I have one file already open, but minimized, and I open another file that uses the same app, that seems to cause the window that I minimized to 'unminimize' (for lack of a better word). So, with no windows
    open, but one minimized, when I open another file, I then end up with 2 windows open on the desktop.

How can I stop this from happening? It's pretty frustrating to have to 're-minimize' the first file every time.

Laura Wright, Apr 8, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    Help!, windows taskbar disapeared!!!

Try Ctrl+Esc.

If Recycle Bin is the only icon you can see, open it, from the explorer window navigate to Control Panel and find Taskbar settings there.

btarunr, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

1. All open windows keep on unminimizing from taskbar randomly - Similar Threads - open keep unminimizing

2. Taskbar keeps blacking out randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar keeps blacking out randomly: Hi, I've been having this issue since yesterday and the issue is that my taskbar keeps blacking out randomly as well as my cursor just disappearing. Is there any way to fix this? It's getting really annoying....
  3. Open applications keep "minimizing" randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open applications keep "minimizing" randomly: I have a Windows 10 Home laptop. It is not a touch screen. When I'm using the internet or playing games on my laptop, whatever application I'm using will just start acting like I've clicked off the screen into another application when I only have the one I'm using open. I've...
  4. Taskbar apps keep disappearing and reappearing randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar apps keep disappearing and reappearing randomly: So my laptop’s taskbar icons keep disappearing and reappearing. It’s not disturbing me but it’s annoying. My laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad. submitted by /u/arjun_0507 [link] [comments]...
  5. Apps won't open from taskbar, or open behind all other open screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps won't open from taskbar, or open behind all other open screens: I have a new Dell computer running on Windows 10. Upon originally setting it up, the taskbar either 1. Will not open any of the apps on it, or 2. if it does open an app, it opens it up behind ever other currently open screen. You can only open apps on the front screen by...
  6. random cmd prompt keeps opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    random cmd prompt keeps opening: So when I'm using the computer minding my own business a random cmd prompt keeps opening with nothing written on it at the link on top of it it says the usual cmd prompt but then it says something like nutdsr I think so i will try to post a screenshot of it if I can. I'm just...
  7. automatic 'unminimizing' of windows

automatic 'unminimizing' of windows: When I am working with any of the MS Office apps, if I have one file already open, but minimized, and I open another file that uses the same app, that seems to cause the window that I minimized to 'unminimize' (for lack of a better word). So, with no windows open, but one...
  8. Windows IE Keeps Opening Randomly With Mixer.com

Windows IE Keeps Opening Randomly With Mixer.com: Hi all, I'm using Firefox in general, but have IE installed through Windows 10. Whenever the laptop goes into snooze or I run startup, IE keeps opening up on Mixer.com with adverts on it. I'm a small business in Birmingham, UK and need my laptop for taking orders - trouble...
  9. Windows File Explorer keeps opening randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer keeps opening randomly: Hey guys, I know many of us have been having these problems in a long time, and while the typical response of making sure all your drivers are updated and that you also run an SFC /scannow to fix potential systems files, I've been having this issue over and over again....
  10. Explorer refuses to open from taskbar and random square on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer refuses to open from taskbar and random square on desktop: Hello, I've been experiencing some bugs with Windows 10, I tried restarting it but the problem still remains. There's this weird app that's making this square thing show up on my desktop, I've disabled all the possible apps at startup that could cause this issue but the...