Windows 10: ALL panels forced to minimize on task bar. WIll not Restore or Maximize. Includes Task...

Discus and support ALL panels forced to minimize on task bar. WIll not Restore or Maximize. Includes Task... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to avoid a wipe and reinstall of windows 10 or a repair. PLEASE GRASP THIS FACT. Every excellently written step by step found here and all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CTLRichard, Apr 24, 2020.

1. ALL panels forced to minimize on task bar. WIll not Restore or Maximize. Includes Task...

I am trying to avoid a wipe and reinstall of windows 10 or a repair. PLEASE GRASP THIS FACT. Every excellently written step by step found here and all the self help you tubes fail because EVERY SINGLE panel will only open locked on task bar. NO chance to Minimize/Restore/operate at all. All the critical steps are not actionable detailed as they are because I can not open the critical panels they cite. Doubt it is the oft cited Tablet Mode. Not sure though as that is one more unreachable setting in minimized panel. Profile is we were using second display with a DP display to HDMI cable from laptop to monitor. Now the desktop is not functional as lap top or as second large screen. Not sure if it forced an update recently or not. We are down to wipe as I do not think I can execute a Restore given the lack of screen function. Any ideas ? If I could get a command line can not it is force minimized I could try the common repair command like system file check sfc. But no joy.

:)

CTLRichard, Apr 24, 2020

2. folders stay minimed on the task bar. I cannot maximize them or restore them.

folders stay minimized on the task bar. I cannot maximize them or restore them.

Richard Cornish, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Task manager opens minimized.

Task manager changed and now opens minimized. It maximizes with no problem with a click but I would like to revert to avoid this step in a problem situation.

KevinKing2, Apr 24, 2020
  4. ALL panels forced to minimize on task bar. WIll not Restore or Maximize. Includes Task...

folders stay minimed on the task bar. I cannot maximize them or restore them.

Hi Richard,

From the above description, I understand you are unable to maximize or restore the minimized folder on the computer. Please reply to a few questions asked below for better understanding and further assistance on the issue:

• Do you get any error code/error message on maximizing/restoring the folders on the computer?
    • Is the issue specific to one folder or all the system folders?

Method 1: Run System Maintenance troubleshooter by following the steps below and check the status of computer behavior. System freezes and other irregular behaviors is mostly caused due to the unwanted/unused
    files retained in the PC.

System Maintenance troubleshooter will find and clean up unused files and shortcuts present on the system and perform maintenance tasks which will enhance the performance of the PC.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Select View all from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select System Maintenance from the listed options, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • After the troubleshooting is completed, check the status for any missing system components on the computer.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: Run SFC scan and
    DISM scan by following the steps below and check if the issue is caused due to any of the missing or corrupted system files and folders on the computer.

SFC scan is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected. For example, some Windows functions may not work, or Windows may crash.

Windows corruption errors may prevent Windows updates and service packs from installing. For example, an update might not install if a system file is damaged. The
    DISM scan or System Update Readiness tool may help you to fix some Windows corruption errors.

Step 1: Open an Administrator command prompt
    window by

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command Prompt (Admin) option.
    • Click on Yes and continue. Provide administrator password if prompted.
    • Check if it says Administrator: Command Prompt at the top of the command prompt window.

Step 2: Type the following commands in the
    CMD Prompt:

Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

Step 3: Close the command window and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of folders not maximizing after minimizing on the computer
    in the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

ALL panels forced to minimize on task bar. WIll not Restore or Maximize. Includes Task...

1. ALL panels forced to minimize on task bar. WIll not Restore or Maximize. Includes Task... - Similar Threads - panels forced minimize

2. Programs opening, but will not maximize from the Task Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs opening, but will not maximize from the Task Bar: I have been round and round with Microsoft. Whenever I plug in a second monitor my programs will not maximize. They are open on the taskbar, but I cannot open them to full size. Yes my computer is updated, spent all day today installing updates. Does anyone know what the...
  3. minimized window isn't restored maximized although it was maximized before minimizing

minimized window isn't restored maximized although it was maximized before minimizing: Hi! I work with AutoCAD LT 2019 in maximized windows. When I minimize them and then restore, they don't get to the previous maximized state, but instead they are restored to the "normal" size. This is not the expected behaviour. All other programs and applications get...
  4. itunes opens in task bar but won't maximize

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    itunes opens in task bar but won't maximize: Itunes opened fine one day and the next it opened in task bar with tiny active screen, but won't open to full screen. I have latest Windows 10 and Itunes updates. Please help me....
  5. how to recover minimize and maximize button missing from task bar.

how to recover minimize and maximize button missing from task bar.: how to recover minimize and maximize button missing from task bar? Help!!. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-minimize-and-maximize-button/28dcaa12-7db0-47dc-9a2e-42a8fff46dfb
  6. how do i get the minimize & maximize buttons back at the task bar on windows edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do i get the minimize & maximize buttons back at the task bar on windows edge: the minimize button is gone \ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-minimize-maximize-buttons-back-at/e3f370d4-081e-4fe6-bba8-023efd762191
  7. restore icon to task bar

restore icon to task bar: how do I restore the power icon to task bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-icon-to-task-bar/2a9d07d8-7095-45c1-9680-b4e466c7fd3b
  8. Task force

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task force: Ik krij dit bericht : Background Task host werk niet meer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/task-force/371b2346-c527-405c-9b06-228731d217a8
  9. Restoring search bar in task bar.

Restoring search bar in task bar.: This option does not present itself: Right click the taskbar>Cortana>Show search box I can however, click the windows icon button and start typing to bring the search box up. However, I would like for it to come up on the task bar because that's what it does at work, and I...
  10. Force an application do no appear in task bar

Force an application do no appear in task bar: Hello there, I use a program that send email by mapi by remoteapp. Unfortunatly it require to have outlook opened in remoteapp to to send email. I dont want user to be able to play with the outlook that I open with remoteapp as they already have oulook in theyr computer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right click on programs on task bar no longer includes minimize and maximize

2. viewing minimize and maximize buttons

3. minimize screen option missing

4. minimize and close button on explorer disable