Windows 10: All partitions on my hard drives are read only

Discus and support All partitions on my hard drives are read only in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All partitions on my hard drives are read only. Any new Folder I create is automatically read only. I have checked security permission and all users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by John369XP, Feb 23, 2020.

1. John369XP Win User

All partitions on my hard drives are read only

All partitions on my hard drives are read only. Any new Folder I create is automatically read only. I have checked security permission and all users have full control. When I click on a folder and remove the check in the read only box and apply, the system goes through the motion of removing the read only. I click OK and then properties again look at the read only box and it is checked. How do I correct this?

:)

John369XP, Feb 23, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Dia01 Win User
    Partition or multiple hard drives?

As the title suggests. Is it worth installing say a 36GB drive for the OS soley or partitioning an existing larger drive with either 2 or more partitions? I am currently running Vista 32bit and want to try out 64bit and am sick of reformatting the whole drive. Any suggestions?

Dia01, Feb 23, 2020
  4. badrobot Win User

Partitioning My Hard Drive Without Losing Data

Download any of the suggested programs above and fire up Youtube for a step by step instruction. Easus is a good software. But I personally use MiniTool Partition Wizard.

It will only take 5 minutes to become a professional hard drive partitioner. All partitions on my hard drives are read only :)

badrobot, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

1. All partitions on my hard drives are read only - Similar Threads - partitions hard drives

2. All my folders are read only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my folders are read only: Everytime I try to uncheck the folders they go back to read onlyto clarify a few thingsI am the admin of the computerI already did the SFC scan and nothing came outWindows defender folder control access is offhappens in more than one hard driveI tried several things online...
  3. All my folders are read only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my folders are read only: Everytime I try to uncheck the folders they go back to read onlyto clarify a few thingsI am the admin of the computerI already did the SFC scan and nothing came outWindows defender folder control access is offhappens in more than one hard driveI tried several things online...
  4. Something changing internal hard drive to read only...

in Windows 10 Support
    Something changing internal hard drive to read only...: Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1023) Hi all. Perhaps my google skills aren't good enough but I've found lots of posts on how to change the drive/volume attributes back to r/w but nothing on what might be changing the drive(s) to read-only in the first place. I...
  5. Can only see one partition of hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can only see one partition of hard drive: I have an external Seagate Hard drive, with 2 partitions, but when I connect to my desktop and laptop with Windows, I can only see one of the partitions. This HD was previously connected to a Mac, but I would think I could still see all partitions on Windows, I've had HDs...
  6. External Hard Drive Only Reads as "Local Disk"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Hard Drive Only Reads as "Local Disk": Hello, I was able to fix one of my hard drives with a simple step, hopefully, I can fix another! I have a WD Easystore HDD that has a lot of good graphic design material I can't lose. However, when I plug it in, the File Folder freezes up, and Disk Management hasn't loaded...
  7. All drives and all files have become read-only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All drives and all files have become read-only: I noticed this 3 days ago after restarting my PC that I couldn't make any new folders. I then did some looking around and realised my drives (SSD boot drive and HDD secondary) were both read-only. I've tried unticking the read-only box in properties of the folders but they...
  8. Partitioning My hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partitioning My hard drive: I want to partition my main drive C so that I can install windows 7. I'm using disk management to do it and I right click C and click shrink volume. The size before shrink is 609,184MB and the size available shrink is 340MB and the size after shrink is 609,884MB. I want to...
  9. Internal Hard Drives Became Read Only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internal Hard Drives Became Read Only: I recently discovered that all files and folders have become read only on both my internal drives and i don't know why. Furthermore any attempt to change them back has no effect. I have tried changing the user permissions and ensuring i have admin privileges but none of this...
  10. Read only folders on all disc drives

in Windows 10 Customization
    Read only folders on all disc drives: Hello, past few days I am experiencing very bad situation with computer. I read many posts but I still do not get things working as they should so I am hoping that I will get some answers here. I am guessing that with latest update windows decided that my folders are...