Windows 10: All PC audio is coming out of my microphone.

Discus and support All PC audio is coming out of my microphone. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently my headset mic is picking up all audio from my PC so that when I'm using Discord with friends they can hear an echo. I've looked online and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ElleC3, Jun 1, 2020.

1. ElleC3 Win User

All PC audio is coming out of my microphone.

Recently my headset mic is picking up all audio from my PC so that when I'm using Discord with friends they can hear an echo.

I've looked online and I can't find how to fix this, as everything is out of date, or tells me to go to specific Sound settings which I don't have.

I recently installed a new Motherboard and CPU, I'm not sure if it started before or after this. The Motherboard is Gigabyte B450M GAMING. My Windows version is Windows 10 1909. I've tried 2 different headsets and it made no difference.

The settings for my microphone on the RealTek audio console are:

All PC audio is coming out of my microphone. 450abe0f-9aa7-4a7d-83f7-3f5e4a6fae85?upload=true.png

And when I right click the audio icon on the taskbar and go to open sound settings:

All PC audio is coming out of my microphone. 4994274c-9af9-46f9-a7db-540c52e18694?upload=true.png

Thanks.

:)

ElleC3, Jun 1, 2020

2. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

1. All PC audio is coming out of my microphone. - Similar Threads - audio coming microphone

2. All my microphones cut in and out.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All my microphones cut in and out.: Ive tried three different microphones on my pc. The one attached to my headset, and two standalone microphones that are plugged in via USB. I kept thinking it was an issue with my microphones, however this is the third attempt, i bought it brand new and it still cuts in and...
  3. All my microphones cut in and out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my microphones cut in and out.: Ive tried three different microphones on my pc. The one attached to my headset, and two standalone microphones that are plugged in via USB. I kept thinking it was an issue with my microphones, however this is the third attempt, i bought it brand new and it still cuts in and...
  4. All my microphones cut in and out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No audio coming out of speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio coming out of speakers: I've been having this problem for 2 days now, I've tried every playback device and checked the control panel sound tab, it shows that audio should be playing through but nothing is coming out, for some reason the speakers output sound when plugged into the side headphone jack...
  6. Headset microphone replaying all PC audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset microphone replaying all PC audio: So, I'm having difficulties with my Kraken X headset. I tried contacting Razer support who kept trying to get it replaced even though I told them multiple times my PC is the issue. After some back and forth they finally realized this and told me to ask a technician instead....
  7. Headset microphone replaying all PC audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset microphone replaying all PC audio: So, I'm having difficulties with my Kraken X headset. I tried contacting Razer support who kept trying to get it replaced even though I told them multiple times my PC is the issue. After some back and forth they finally realized this and told me to ask a technician instead....
  8. Microphone audio only coming out of left ear

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone audio only coming out of left ear: Hey, I'm having this problem where when I record microphone audio and/or go to my microphone properties and check "Listen to this device," the audio only comes out of the left ear. I saw a supposed solution was to go into the microphone properties > advanced > setting the...
  9. No Audios Coming Out From My PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Audios Coming Out From My PC: Hi there My PC started to have no audio since a few hours back, I have checked all the plugs are properly plugged in and drivers are all up to date but there is no application detected in volume mixer even system sound is not on there as well, I have tried to restart my...
  10. Desktop audio coming through my microphone.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop audio coming through my microphone.: Hello there, My desktop audio keeps playing through my microphone when I'm in a call on Discord or Skype. It even does so when I'm not sharing my screen. How do I prevent this from happening?. I found some tutorials online, but that didn't work out well. When I right-click...