Windows 10: All personal files blocked due to a Windows failure after BIOS update

Discus and support All personal files blocked due to a Windows failure after BIOS update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I updated my AMD BIOS software due to certain problems related to randomly decreasing FPS when playing on windows 11. So far, so good, but when windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Douglas ., Jun 26, 2022.

1. Douglas . Win User

All personal files blocked due to a Windows failure after BIOS update

I updated my AMD BIOS software due to certain problems related to randomly decreasing FPS when playing on windows 11. So far, so good, but when windows rebooted after the successfully installed BIOS, the pinpad wasn't working anymore and I needed to send an SMS to an extinct cellphone number Which I have no idea why it was being shown, given that my current cellphone number was indeed updated in my security settings. So here is the deal, I updated my security options without knowing it would block my account from being accessed for 30 days and know that I was somehow able to prove I am the ow

:)

Douglas ., Jun 26, 2022

2. Should I update bios?

Lol, there is still so many myths about flashing bios and people actually believe in them. People, this is 2018, not 1998, bios updates are easy and when file is provided by manufacturer themselves then they do RMA gpus, motherboards, mice and all other devices which failed during flashing.

spectatorx, Jun 26, 2022
  3. OEM activation blocked due to Win 10 build failure

Hi,

I did try pretty much all the fixes I could find for the bootloader expired error but nothing worked I just seemed to be spinning in circles with it.

In response to your questions:

Yes, it activated successfully from the upgrade but now states blocked in the Control Panel/Store and suggests this is due to the upgrade failure.

Windows 10 which is currently installed and working is accessible and there is nothing but Microsoft's media creation tool installed as I tried to do a rollback to Win8 which is blocked due to the OEM recovery partition being hidden.

I do not believe I can now phone activate as the key is locked in the UEFi BIOS and I can only read the last 3 sections of it in the Windows Control Panel/Store page for activation.

StuartHorswell, Jun 26, 2022
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

No, the license only applies to the Windows 8 OEM copy the original owner purchased with laptop, it doesn't magically transform into Windows 8.1 Retail one.

OK, so here's the commonly recommended steps that should help you with your problem.

Before you begin, I would recommend you to download both of these files and save them on your USB drive in order to use it later as the only source of third-party packages:
    1. The first step would be to recover the original Windows installation using your hard drive partition (the thing that you've done before, I believe). Follow the steps described here (http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03544793#N258) and see if you missed anything. By the end of this operation, make so that your HP product is not connected to any sort of network.

2. Configure your HP device to boot in "clean" mode as described here (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135). Restart once.

3. Run the first file you've downloaded (http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp67001-67500/sp67259.exe) from your just-recovered Windows copy and follow the steps required.

4. Run the AMD package (http://www2.ati.com/drivers/amd-catalyst-14.4-64bit-win8.1-win8-win7-whql-aug.exe). Choose the "Advanced" installation option in order to be able to opt-out the "AMD/Raprt App" and "HydraVision" packages.

5. Establish an Internet connection. Run "Windows Store" tile from your Start screen, and select "Windows 8.1" package.

6. Once you're done with your migration from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, you can install all the critical updates offered by Windows Update, which would be driver software, then Windows 8.1 Update package (KB2919442 > KB2919355 > KB2932046 > KB2959977 > KB2937592 > KB2938439 > KB2934018), "August" Update (KB2993651 > KB2975719 > KB2993100 > KB2979582 > KB2990532 > KB2995004) and .NET Framework 4.5.2 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42642).

Tenforo, Jun 26, 2022
Thema:

1. All personal files blocked due to a Windows failure after BIOS update - Similar Threads - personal files blocked

2. BIOS Update Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS Update Failure: What would cause a BIOS update failure?It happened this morning and it's the second time it happened withina year. The first time I initiated it from Windows 11 other updates. I took it to Best Buy geeks and after they tried to reflash not sure if this is the proper term,...
  3. BIOS Update Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIOS Update Failure: What would cause a BIOS update failure?It happened this morning and it's the second time it happened withina year. The first time I initiated it from Windows 11 other updates. I took it to Best Buy geeks and after they tried to reflash not sure if this is the proper term,...
  4. Bios update failure??

Bios update failure??: So when I started up my pc after a day it said it was going to start the BIOS update so I just left it alone overnight so nothing would interrupt it but its just been doing the same thing which is turning on and off. I know nothing interrupted it cause the power cable is...
  5. Bios update failure??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bios update failure??: So when I started up my pc after a day it said it was going to start the BIOS update so I just left it alone overnight so nothing would interrupt it but its just been doing the same thing which is turning on and off. I know nothing interrupted it cause the power cable is...
  6. Windows Activation failure after updating BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation failure after updating BIOS: Logged into PC This morning and found that "Windows is not activated" on my desktop, and claiming that I've changed hardware. I didn't, I updated the BIOS Firmware to the latest version as there is a security flaw in my previous BIOS. Nothing else has changed, I am still...
  7. Windows Activation failure after updating BIOS

Windows Activation failure after updating BIOS: Logged into PC This morning and found that "Windows is not activated" on my desktop, and claiming that I've changed hardware. I didn't, I updated the BIOS Firmware to the latest version as there is a security flaw in my previous BIOS. Nothing else has changed, I am still...
  8. All personal files blocked due to a Windows failure after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All personal files blocked due to a Windows failure after BIOS update: I updated my AMD BIOS software due to certain problems related to randomly decreasing FPS when playing on windows 11. So far, so good, but when windows rebooted after the successfully installed BIOS, the pinpad wasn't working anymore and I needed to send an SMS to an extinct...
  9. blocked files on my personal computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    blocked files on my personal computer: i have windows 10 in my personal computer I recently installed microsoft 365 now i have been blocked from making changes to all my files on my personal computer. help...
  10. Activation failure after refresh due to update crash

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation failure after refresh due to update crash: Hi Folks.. Help Windows 10 was doing an update but the power cord had come loose so machine went flat during update. had to do a refresh to get machine back but it would not activate saying no license which is rubbish. went through virtual agent no luck and it suggested...