Windows 10: All picture thumbnails are now square can I get set them back to rectangular or original...

Discus and support All picture thumbnails are now square can I get set them back to rectangular or original... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am using Win10pro v1803 bld 17134.407 All my picture thumbnails in explorer are converting to square format from the very nice original... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Punchcard Steve, Dec 10, 2018.

1. All picture thumbnails are now square can I get set them back to rectangular or original...

Hello,

I am using Win10pro v1803 bld 17134.407

All my picture thumbnails in explorer are converting to square format from the very nice original aspect ratio. This may have started with my recent system updates a few days ago.

Can I put them back to the rectangular/as-taken aspect ratio?

Happy Trails

:)

Punchcard Steve, Dec 10, 2018

2. Photo thumbnail picture

If you do the suggestion by Cyberdesigner and they still show as icons, check your performance settings and make sure "show thumbnails instead of icons" is checked.

Right click Start, select System -> Advanced system settings -> Advanced tab -> Performance - Settings

All picture thumbnails are now square can I get set them back to rectangular or original... [​IMG]

All picture thumbnails are now square can I get set them back to rectangular or original... [​IMG]

fracking4oil, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Windows 7 wrong thumbnail picture

Try control panel / system / advanced system settings.

On the box that comes up click advanced tab and where it says performance click the settings button.

Have a look in the list to see if any visual setting has disabled itself, I'm sure there is settings for thumbnails.

Apart from that no idea atm.

animal007uk, Dec 10, 2018
  4. All picture thumbnails are now square can I get set them back to rectangular or original...

Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

All picture thumbnails are now square can I get set them back to rectangular or original...

1. All picture thumbnails are now square can I get set them back to rectangular or original... - Similar Threads - picture thumbnails are

2. All startup programs disappeared and I can't get them back like they were

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All startup programs disappeared and I can't get them back like they were: Hey, so my computer randomly decided a few days ago that it does not want to start Discord, Logitech G Hub, Pushbullet etc. on boot anymore. They are not even listed in the start-up tab in Task Manager anymore although in each of their settings the start-up is enabled. I...
  3. how do I get rid of the blue squares on thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I get rid of the blue squares on thumbnails?: I don't know why, but small blue squares with > >have appeared on my thumbnails. They're very annoying - how do I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-blue-squares-on-thumbnails/3a7a36ad-0aa3-48bb-9ca6-fa2608b930c1"
  4. My image thumbnails are all the orange flower. How can I get my original image display.

My image thumbnails are all the orange flower. How can I get my original image display.: I have Windows 10 - I can not get my photo images to appear. I had OneDrive installed, but it kept telling me it was full so I turned it off. At that time, all the images were Blue and White mountains. I clicked somewhere trying to fix it, but now I have Orange flowers....
  5. I want to get windows 10 now can I set it up now

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to get windows 10 now can I set it up now: I choose windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-get-windows-10-now-can-i-set-it-up-now/2c2158ed-a2bd-42b7-9f05-57c8282342dd
  6. RESET OF LUMIA 730 TO FACTORY SETTINGS AND ALL APPS ARE GONE - HOW DO I GET THEM BACK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RESET OF LUMIA 730 TO FACTORY SETTINGS AND ALL APPS ARE GONE - HOW DO I GET THEM BACK: Hi, I reset my lumia 730 phone some time ago to factory settings and unfortunately, everything has gone and i can no longer access the phone. Even the settings app is gone. I would like to know if there is a way to reinstall the windows 10 software on my phone. Thanks...
  7. Photos are all icons, how to make them thumbnails?

Photos are all icons, how to make them thumbnails?: I called HP for help and after the tech took control of my laptop, everything was worse than before. All of my photo thumbnails are now just an icon and I have to click on each icon to see what the photo is. How can I get my thumbnails back? There is not a choice of...
  8. Picture thumbnails

Picture thumbnails: As I go through my Picture folders, all I get are little icons for the Tiffs, rather than thumbnails of the pictures. I am using Windows 10. How do I get my thumbnails back?...
  9. Composition Problems - Trying to get back to original commands. When I click View, all I...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Composition Problems - Trying to get back to original commands. When I click View, all I...: Nothing is wrong with my printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/composition-problems-trying-to-get-back-to/273f7315-eeaf-4b89-8ac8-9f56e75cb840"
  10. Games with square-ish resolutions stretch on rectangular monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games with square-ish resolutions stretch on rectangular monitor: I'm currently having problems with Intel Integrated Graphics stretching full screen games lengthwise to the width of the monitor. Ideally, I want the game to be scaled to the height of the monitor, and keep the original aspect ratio. I've found for some of my games,...