Windows 10: All pictures are horizontal and I can't rotate them

Discus and support All pictures are horizontal and I can't rotate them in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently my brother transfered all my pictures CR2 foramt to another disk so he could format the other disks. I had never had a problem with pictures... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Andre Meirelles, Apr 25, 2020.

1. All pictures are horizontal and I can't rotate them

Recently my brother transfered all my pictures CR2 foramt to another disk so he could format the other disks.

I had never had a problem with pictures that I took vertically with my DSLR Canon 200D appearing horizontal. After doing that, all my pictures are on the horizontal, even though they appear vertical on the preview.

Upon oppening the Windows editing software, the option to rotate the picture doesn't appear. I've also used Photoscape X to try and rotate it the software i usually use and it also doesnt work.

I've tried openning those pictures in another computer and the same thing happens. I also uploaded new pictures from my camera and the same happens.

The "Read Only" box is unchecked.

When I upload them on Lightroom they show up automatically vertical.

When I open my camera's file on the computer they appear horizontal on the preview too.

Can anyone tell me whats going on?

:)

Andre Meirelles, Apr 25, 2020
  2. Paola Gar Win User

email picture rotate

Hi Alfred,

Are you trying to rotate the pictures using Photos app? If not, we suggest using Photos app to rotate the pictures and then check if the same issue will persist. Here's how:

• Save the picture first and then open it on Photos app.
    • Click the picture and then select the Edit button. It is the pencil icon located in the upper-right corner of your screen.

All pictures are horizontal and I can't rotate them 50bd12cc-4b4b-4088-bd15-bb38b7a7dcc8.jpg

• Click on Rotate button located in the right part of your screen.

All pictures are horizontal and I can't rotate them db30641f-89c1-4e30-afec-5b42c02bdadf.jpg

• After rotating the pictures, click on Save.

All pictures are horizontal and I can't rotate them b2325cb0-7056-4adf-8798-12264fe29b80.jpg

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Apr 25, 2020
  3. ROTATE SCREEN HORIZONTAL

HOW TO ROTATE SCREEN HORIZONTAL?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

RonaldSchneeweiss, Apr 25, 2020
  4. jds63 Win User

All pictures are horizontal and I can't rotate them

Auto rotate and g force

Really needed to list more system specs and information on this issue.So this is assuming you have this and this is the issue.

Why does my screen not rotate?

The auto rotation lock feature is turned on by default in Windows 10. Use the following steps to turn off this feature.

1. Place the tablet into Pad/Tablet mode.
    2. Click the Start
      All pictures are horizontal and I can't rotate them [​IMG]
      menu
      and select Settings.
    3. Click System.
    4. Click Display.
    5. Scroll down and toggle Lock rotation of this display to OFF.

jds63, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

All pictures are horizontal and I can't rotate them

1. All pictures are horizontal and I can't rotate them - Similar Threads - pictures are horizontal

2. Deleted pictures are still on my desktop and I can't get rid of them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted pictures are still on my desktop and I can't get rid of them.: I downloaded some pictures from the web so I could zoom in more on them in the Photos app. When I downloaded them, I opened them from my browser and then deleted them in the Photos app. I didn't think they'd show up on my desktop, but they're stuck there. I can't drag them...
  3. How to in-depth vertically and horizontally rotate the screen (not flip, lansdcape etc..)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to in-depth vertically and horizontally rotate the screen (not flip, lansdcape etc..): Hi, tricky question: how could I rotate the screen in-depth vertically and horizontally? (not the usual rotation of views like landscape or flip degrees). --- Elaboration: using laptop with projector. When screening the projector with non-direct angle I need to make those...
  4. rotating a picture in paint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rotating a picture in paint: How can I rotate a picture over some degrees (e.g. 4%) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotating-a-picture-in-paint/fff95469-2350-4e8d-9c27-e978d8e3dda3
  5. rotating pictures using shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    rotating pictures using shortcuts: google gets me this: Rotate images using keyboard shortcuts And if you prefer to use keyboard shortcuts to rotate pictures, after selecting picture files that you want to rotate, press Alt key, press JP, press RL to rotate left and press RR to rotate right. --------------...
  6. Can't view any pictures when I click on them.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't view any pictures when I click on them.: Every time I try to view a picture, photo, or download on file explorer I get a pop up that says invalid view for registry. I'm really confused and stressed what's wrong? Please simplify your answer....
  7. Printing PDF picture files without the pale pink horizontal stripes across them.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing PDF picture files without the pale pink horizontal stripes across them.: When I use my Canon Pixma MG 6350 printer's scanner function to scan a picture, it saves it to my PC as a PDF file, which it will then on demand convert to a Word-editable file. In either case, the picture always prints with irritating pale pink horizontal background stripes...
  8. theme pictures rotation/how to

in Windows 10 Customization
    theme pictures rotation/how to: How do I get the theme pictures on desktop to rotate auomatically?? windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/theme-pictures-rotationhow-to/d6e973f2-cecf-4d66-8865-2fdc06d73762
  9. rotate picture

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    rotate picture: When the computer comes on, the picture is sideways & cropped. How do I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotate-picture/d436d707-c478-419e-af48-9c23bcf807ab
  10. I can't see picture unless I open them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't see picture unless I open them: First of all, I don't know if this is the right forum for this question. If it's not, please free to remove it. I know this subject title sounds not a serious problem. It started 2 days ago. I don't remember the exact time. I tried to google, but I don't know how to...