Windows 10: All printers are gone after update to Windows 10.0.18362

Discus and support All printers are gone after update to Windows 10.0.18362 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, everyone! My laptop updated recently to Windows 10.0.18362 and all of my printers that were not connected to it or are virtual are now gone from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Максим Иванов, Oct 2, 2019.

1. All printers are gone after update to Windows 10.0.18362

Hi, everyone!

My laptop updated recently to Windows 10.0.18362 and all of my printers that were not connected to it or are virtual are now gone from Devices and Printers, including Fax (MS Fax printer), OneNote (MS Send to OneNote printer), Microsoft Print to PDF, Microsoft XPS Document Writer, PDF Report Writer (Autodesk AutoCAD default PDF output), Print to Evernote (Evernote`s Send to notebook printer) and Google Virtual Printer and some of my printers that were not connected to laptop at the time of this update. The only printer that remains is my WiFi-connected printer.

More over, when I reinstall them they reappear in Devices and Printers but when I try to print using them or just to print a test page - depending on wich application I use to print - there are similar error warinigs, saying that there was an error during the start of printing.

One odd thing to mention is that despite the fact that my printers are gone from Devices and Printers, they all remain in print dialogues in all of my applications.

Any ideas how to bring order to this chaotic mess?

:)

Максим Иванов, Oct 2, 2019

2. USB printer disappears with W10 build 18362

I updated my PC to Build 18362 and my Laserjet 2200D printer on a USB connection disappeared and I can't add it back in as its not discoverable. I updated another PC to the same build and it doesn't work on that either. I tried the pinter and cable on
    a laptop and it works OK. I've gone through the HP process of adding in the printer drivers and then switching on the printer and it still can't be discovered. Its an old printer, about 12 years old, but I think it should still work. Any suggestions?

JamesStones, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Windows 10 updates. Installed printer gone?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please let us know

1.The make and model of the Printer?

2.Do you receive any error message?

Meanwhile please refer to the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1: Part of the Windows 10 upgrade process includes installing important software updates to support full functionality of the computer and connected devices. If all updates failed to install, your printer might not work as expected.
    Make sure Windows installed all updates on the computer.

• Search Windows for Windows update, then click the Windows Update control panel setting in the list of results.

• Click Check for updates.

• If updates are available, wait for them to install, restart the computer, then try to print. If you can print, the issue is resolved.

• If updates are not available or you still cannot print, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Please refer to the link below to Connect a printer to the PC if its not connected:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-connect-to-a-printer

Hope this helps.

Please get back to us with the updated status and we will be glad to help you further.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Oct 2, 2019
  4. All printers are gone after update to Windows 10.0.18362

Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

All printers are gone after update to Windows 10.0.18362

1. All printers are gone after update to Windows 10.0.18362 - Similar Threads - printers are gone

2. PANIC, ALL MY FILES ARE GONE AFTER UPDATE WINDOW 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PANIC, ALL MY FILES ARE GONE AFTER UPDATE WINDOW 10: In past years, the Windows keeps asking update, I might select update at night whenever. One morning this August 2022 my computer cannot start and it took forever to update and I could not use this computer. Tried two days and I had to reinstall Windows 10 update history show...
  3. PANIC, ALL MY FILES ARE GONE AFTER UPDATE WINDOW 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PANIC, ALL MY FILES ARE GONE AFTER UPDATE WINDOW 10: In past years, the Windows keeps asking update, I might select update at night whenever. One morning this August 2022 my computer cannot start and it took forever to update and I could not use this computer. Tried two days and I had to reinstall Windows 10 update history show...
  4. PANIC, ALL MY FILES ARE GONE AFTER UPDATE WINDOW 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. printer not printing all pages after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer not printing all pages after windows 10 update: how can i get my printer to work after a windows 10 update it is not printing all the pages https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-not-printing-all-pages-after-windows-10/e7a19a73-b90a-408c-8fac-388b85a780b2
  6. all audio devices gone after windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    all audio devices gone after windows update: only installed this: https://i.imgur.com/OQ45L6U.png ive been using windows update 2004 since june and never had the problem. after restart I get no audio: https://i.imgur.com/bf5YuGE.png I have different audio devices like on-board, DAC, etc. but it's not just the audio...
  7. All Printers are gone after update to Windows 10 build 1909

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    All Printers are gone after update to Windows 10 build 1909: After I installed The update for Windows 10 1909 all my printer are gone, yet when opening printer dialog in Word the printers are there, but when printing they are not working. I tried to install new printers the are shown in the Printers and devices window after install but...
  8. All my installed printers are gone after the lastest windows 10 update on oct 05, 2019

All my installed printers are gone after the lastest windows 10 update on oct 05, 2019: Hi, After i installed the latest windows 10 update KB4524147, all my installed printers are gone even the PDF printers. when i i check the list of devices & printers in control panel, i can see them all. but i try to print from any software, it says you don't have any...
  9. All printers gone after updating to Windows 10 19H1 version 1903

All printers gone after updating to Windows 10 19H1 version 1903: This includes the standard printers Microsoft Print to PDF, Microsoft XPS Document Writer, OneNote, Send to OneNote etc. Tried the following remedies (all with no effect) 1. Reinstalled one of the network printer drivers. It created a new printer with (1) appended at the...
  10. Updated Windows 10...All photos gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updated Windows 10...All photos gone: I updated Windows 10 yesterday and have now lost all my photos, documents and favourites. Have looked at a few comments and tried to get things back, but no luck as yet. I am not particularly clued up on computers, so not too good with the techno jargon. Any advice would be...