Windows 10: All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode

Discus and support All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i have ASUS Zephyrus G15 2022 with windows 11 home installed, every time i go to sleep mode / hibernate mode and leave my laptop, after come back hours... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Aburizal Adi Nugroho, Jan 11, 2023.

1. All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode

i have ASUS Zephyrus G15 2022 with windows 11 home installed, every time i go to sleep mode / hibernate mode and leave my laptop, after come back hours later, i found that all my apps was closed, i lost all my web pages and documents i had opened before. how can i fix this?. it's very annoying.

:)

Aburizal Adi Nugroho, Jan 11, 2023

2. Free program to put laptop into hibernate or sleep or coma

Does anyone have a suggestion as to the best 'free' program to put a laptop into hibernate or sleep mode?

Rubert Mumps, Jan 11, 2023
  3. PJS
    pjs Win User
    PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

4. Yo_Wattup Win User

All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode

sleep or hibernate

I think you have sleep and hibernate confused... sleep just puts the computer in a low power state, making resuming the session faster... hibernate shuts down the whole computer and basically just saves whats in RAM to the hdd and loads it on next startup. IIRC...

Yo_Wattup, Jan 11, 2023
Thema:

All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode

1. All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode - Similar Threads - programs are closed

2. My laptop goes to sleep/hibernation mode when I turn it on back from sleep after an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop goes to sleep/hibernation mode when I turn it on back from sleep after an...: My laptop runs Windows 11 now, but it had the same issue back when it had Windows 10.When I close my laptop's lid, it goes into sleep mode as expected. If I open the lid after a short while, it resumes normally.However, if I close the lid and open it again after some period...
  3. Apps are closing when PC goes into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps are closing when PC goes into sleep mode: Whenever I put my laptop into sleep and then start it again, all my windows and apps close down. I checked all options from power and sleep settings, advanced power settings, etc. but I could not find anything. My PC is ASUS TUF A16. I checked troubleshooting as well, it did...
  4. Apps are closing when PC goes into sleep mode

Apps are closing when PC goes into sleep mode: Whenever I put my laptop into sleep and then start it again, all my windows and apps close down. I checked all options from power and sleep settings, advanced power settings, etc. but I could not find anything. My PC is ASUS TUF A16. I checked troubleshooting as well, it did...
  5. apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode: Hi,I have been experiencing an issue with the sleep mode since the windows last update; the issue is some apps like drawboard PDF and media player close automatically when the laptop goes on the sleep mode.I have tried troubleshooting the power but with no success.Is there...
  6. apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode

apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode: Hi,I have been experiencing an issue with the sleep mode since the windows last update; the issue is some apps like drawboard PDF and media player close automatically when the laptop goes on the sleep mode.I have tried troubleshooting the power but with no success.Is there...
  7. All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode

All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode: i have ASUS Zephyrus G15 2022 with windows 11 home installed, every time i go to sleep mode / hibernate mode and leave my laptop, after come back hours later, i found that all my apps was closed, i lost all my web pages and documents i had opened before. how can i fix this?....
  8. All Programs close on sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All Programs close on sleep: On my laptop when I open the lid all of the programs are shut off, my keyboard lights are off and it takes a few minutes to log in and open up. It appears that when I close the lid and re-open it is just like turning the power on. I close lid for 30 seconds and then I am 5...
  9. All applications close when laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    All applications close when laptop goes to sleep: I have a brand new XPS 13 9380. Whenever my laptop goes to sleep it exits out all of the applications that were open. How do I fix it so they don't close out? Thanks...
  10. Microsoft: What is your fix for Win 10 closing all programs when computer goes into sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft: What is your fix for Win 10 closing all programs when computer goes into sleep mode?: For over a month, every time my computer goes into sleep mode, ALL OF MY PROGRAMS ARE CLOSED. This problem started AFTER a Windows update. I have read forum after forum where others have the same, major problem. Work is being lost, but no real answers are being posted. What...