Windows 10: All Programs close on sleep

Discus and support All Programs close on sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; On my laptop when I open the lid all of the programs are shut off, my keyboard lights are off and it takes a few minutes to log in and open up. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/StevenG2757, Jul 19, 2020.

1. All Programs close on sleep

On my laptop when I open the lid all of the programs are shut off, my keyboard lights are off and it takes a few minutes to log in and open up. It appears that when I close the lid and re-open it is just like turning the power on. I close lid for 30 seconds and then I am 5 minutes to get back up and running.

The laptop appears to have updated a couple of days ago and this is when these issues started. I have not made any changes to any settings.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this.This should not be how the sleep function works.

submitted by /u/StevenG2757
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/StevenG2757, Jul 19, 2020
  2. eodowney Win User

Windows 10 Closing All Programs in Sleep Mode

I updated my computer yesterday and now whenever it goes into sleep mode, it closes all open programs. Hybrid sleep isn't allowed so that's not the issue. It's very annoying because the whole point of me not shutting it down is that I can keep my programs
    open.

eodowney, Jul 19, 2020
  3. tdonov Win User
    Update windows 10 closing all programs on sleep

Hi Marvin,

Thanks for your comment. I just did that. In clean boot state, there was difference. I opened some programs that I normally use - Outlook and Word. I typed a few words into Word and then set the computer to sleep.

Woke it up and the programs were closed. I repeated twice.

I followed the steps to get back into normal mode.

In normal mode again nothing is changing. One think I noticed, this might do with the RAM ( I am not sure). A week ago, before I started having this problem, I changed the theme color from the original blue to green. Between one of the restart - wake up
    attempts.

Before I click restart the theme was blue, however after waking the computer up other than all programs being closed, the theme was back to green.

Therefore I tested another case. I changed the theme back to blue and restarted the computer. After the restart the theme stayed blue.

It is something to do with waking up and some sort of loss of memory. I dont really know, but is very annoying as I like to keep things left open and continue work after waking my computer up.

Any other suggestions?

Best Regards,

Tsvetan

tdonov, Jul 19, 2020
  4. All Programs close on sleep

Win 10 - computer won't lock or sleep when lid is closed

Hi Shari,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Select on Control Panel.

• Click on Power Options. On the left, click on "Choose what closing the lid does". Click on the drop down menu for "When I close the lid" and choose "Sleep" or "Hibernate.

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to
    reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

All Programs close on sleep

1. All Programs close on sleep - Similar Threads - Programs close sleep

2. All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode: i have ASUS Zephyrus G15 2022 with windows 11 home installed, every time i go to sleep mode / hibernate mode and leave my laptop, after come back hours later, i found that all my apps was closed, i lost all my web pages and documents i had opened before. how can i fix this?....
  3. All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode: i have ASUS Zephyrus G15 2022 with windows 11 home installed, every time i go to sleep mode / hibernate mode and leave my laptop, after come back hours later, i found that all my apps was closed, i lost all my web pages and documents i had opened before. how can i fix this?....
  4. Windows closes all applications on sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows closes all applications on sleep: When I put my computer to sleep, sometimes all the applications I had open would be force closed. When I reopen chrome, it says 'restore tabs' which means that chrome had been forcibly closed by something. I have attempted to enable hybrid sleep but it is not an option on the...
  5. Windows closes all applications on sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows closes all applications on sleep: When I put my computer to sleep, sometimes all the applications I had open would be force closed. When I reopen chrome, it says 'restore tabs' which means that chrome had been forcibly closed by something. I have attempted to enable hybrid sleep but it is not an option on the...
  6. Windows closes all applications on sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Close all running programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Close all running programs: Windows Live Mail has not downloaded any emails from our email server Earthlink since 9/16/2020 which suspiciously happen after I did the feature update to Windows 10, version 2004. One of the steps for the fix is to close all running programs which I am not sure how to do....
  8. Programs close upon sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs close upon sleep: So whether my pc goes to sleep on it’s own or I set it to sleep, whenever I wake it back up all my programs were closed. I googled, YouTubed, reached out to a tech, etc and tried following everything. I still can find the fix. I just built the pc a couple of days ago. Any...
  9. All windows closed after sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All windows closed after sleep: Hi reddit, New to windows world so apologies in advance.... but when I close my laptop and it goes to sleep at night, when I open it again, all the windows are closed. After some searches, I've found that hybrid sleep tends to fix this, but also discovered that my XPS 9300...
  10. Sleep closes/reorders programs randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep closes/reorders programs randomly: I am using a brand new Asus ZenBook Flip UX360CA, and closing the lid causes strange behavior. It always sleeps and wakes like it should, and very quickly, but not quite right. It's subtle sometimes; if I left it closed overnight I might not even realize something had changed...