Windows 10: All programs crash after 5-10 minutes

Discus and support All programs crash after 5-10 minutes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I've gone through everything that I can find online for the past day, and nothing has fixed the issue. The issue itself is that any program, no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bluecup45, Dec 1, 2019.

1. bluecup45 Win User

All programs crash after 5-10 minutes

Hello, I've gone through everything that I can find online for the past day, and nothing has fixed the issue. The issue itself is that any program, no matter what it is, crashes 5-10 minutes after launching. From minecraft to the admin tool event viewer, everything has crashed. Google chrome usually simply stops responding for a few seconds and then is usable once more. I would greatly appreciate some help here. Something to note is that it seems like a sort of system refresh to me, as all the programs crash at once. Chrome usually white screens and returns to normal, while everything else stops responding permanently and eventually crashes.
    System Specs
    Windows 10 version 1903 (OS Build 18362.476)
    8gb memory
    Intel i7-4790 CPU (3.60GHz)
    Dell 088DT1 A01 Motherboard
    GPU AMD Radeon R5 220
    System Type x64-bit
    System Model Inspiron 3847

I'll gladly provide any other specs that are needed.

Things I've done
    Restart the computer many, many times.
    Tried to view event logs, only to have that program crash with other programs when they all started crashing.
    Used WiseCare 365 to clear excess files and such, tried to defrag a couple times but it crashed every time I tried.
    Ran a system disc fix that took 4-5 hours, but after this programs seemed to crash even faster.
    Uninstalled MalwareBytes with IObit Uninstaller (saw on a thread somewhere that uninstalling antivirus could help).
    Disabled Windows Defender, enabled windows defender
    Attempted to update my drivers only to find that the driver update program that AMD has is busted and gives out fake update notifications.
    Reinstalled the AMD driver updater program (just in case).
    Updated Java to the latest version
    Updated Windows 10 to the latest version
    Attempted to Update DirectX, but I assuming that it was updated as I could not find the "check for updates" button
    Ran a cmd scan of Windows

Despite my best attempts, none of this worked. Please help as I would like to be able to use this computer in the near future.

:)

bluecup45, Dec 1, 2019

2. Windows 10 - Sleep Works But Only if 5 Minutes or Less

What about the Troubleshooting tutorial steps here:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-windows-10-sl...

I've never seen at least one them not be successful.

I had suggested first to set Display at 0, Sleep at 1 minute and Hibernate at 2 minutes and then after each step sit back to observe. I have rarely had to work all the way through the list.

Absolute thoroughness is required when troubleshooting Sleep, skipping nothing and asking back if you need any help to complete a step. We often find out later that the fix was the skipped step, so please do not skip any. If you need help performing any step
    I will help.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Dec 1, 2019
  3. axe0 Win User
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

All programs crash after 5-10 minutes [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

The 0x101(CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) is mostly caused by BIOS or hardware problem, the challenge is to find software problems.
    I suggest to update your BIOS.
    Code:
    Code:
    BIOS Version:              American Megatrends Inc. 2001   , 7/8/2011
    Attachment 51031

axe0, Dec 1, 2019
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

1. All programs crash after 5-10 minutes - Similar Threads - programs crash minutes

2. Games crashing after 5-15 minutes of gameplay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crashing after 5-15 minutes of gameplay: This problem has been happening for months and I'm still not sure what the problem is. After about 5-15 minutes of gameplay in mostly heavy-load games, the game will just crash, my monitors go blank and it throws a hardware error in event viewer.I have made sure Windows is up...
  3. Games crashing after 5-15 minutes of gameplay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games crashing after 5-15 minutes of gameplay: This problem has been happening for months and I'm still not sure what the problem is. After about 5-15 minutes of gameplay in mostly heavy-load games, the game will just crash, my monitors go blank and it throws a hardware error in event viewer.I have made sure Windows is up...
  4. Games crashing after 5-15 minutes of gameplay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Xbox/Microsoft Store games crashes after 5-10 minutes after opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox/Microsoft Store games crashes after 5-10 minutes after opening.: I recently had a problem wit my pc and had the motherboard changed out and got a new graphics card buh before the new mobo and gpu all my games were working fine. I had my pc in the shop about a week and when i got it back the first thing i tried to install was my xbox...
  6. PC crashing after 5 minutes in any game.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC crashing after 5 minutes in any game.: Thread in driver message appears with BSOD. New PC, updated, reformatted, updated again, stripped, updated. CONSTANTLY CRASHING THE MORE I DO TO FIX IT AND THE PC MANUFACTURER 5 year warranty with IRONSIDES REFUSES TO CONTACT OR HELP ME FOR 6+ MONTHS NOW. Sorry for yelling,...
  7. games crashing after 5 minutes playing on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    games crashing after 5 minutes playing on windows 10: i am having a problem playing games ,every time i entered a game it crashes after 5 minutes ,i played with minecrafft and gta v and it crash...
  8. Microphone crashing after 5 minutes on zoom call

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone crashing after 5 minutes on zoom call: Hi all. I just bought a new Asus laptop, Windows 10, AMD A9 processor, and currently, due to the situation these days, I´m working on zoom. But I´m having a problem. I log in to zoom normally, enter the call, but around every 5 minutes the microphone crashes and I get a...
  9. PC crashes after 5 minutes gameplay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes after 5 minutes gameplay: Bought a gaming PC for Christmas and each time I load a game it plays for approximately 5 minutes before freezing and the PC restarts. I have updated windows 10, ran diagnostics for memory and graphics card and updated drivers where necessary. all diagnostics checks come back...
  10. Crashing every 5 - 10 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashing every 5 - 10 minutes: Can someone help me scan this debug? I'm crashing too often to make much progress. So far I've seen memory fault exception and security kernel BSODs. Edit: And a system service exception just now. + PFN list corrupt 38741