Windows 10: All programs except Windows store apps disappeared for some user

Discus and support All programs except Windows store apps disappeared for some user in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All, I recently deplyed new desktops with Windows 10 1809 installed on it. All of sudden some users have lost all the programs from the start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TravisM2, Sep 23, 2019.

1. TravisM2 Win User

All programs except Windows store apps disappeared for some user

Hi All,

I recently deplyed new desktops with Windows 10 1809 installed on it. All of sudden some users have lost all the programs from the start menu. If i login then it works fine but if they login then there is no shortcuts at the start menu. It works fine if they go to ProgramData/Microsoft/Windows/start menu. Even Pin to start dosen’t work, it just show some text without any icon.

Here’s what I have tried:

1) Delete user profile and then login - didn’t work

2) Gpupdate - didn’t work

3) Troubleshoot index and search - dosn’t seem to work as it goes to complete straight away

I can rebuild the machine as there lot of machines that I deployed.

Pleae let me know what should I do.

Thanks,

Travis

:)

TravisM2, Sep 23, 2019
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Windows Phone-Apps – Microsoft Store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Sep 23, 2019
  3. Disappearing apps and programs

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Follow these steps to check that.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Date and Time.
    • Select Set Date And Time.
    • Click on Change Date And Time Button to change date and time.
    • Click on Change Time Zone button to change Time Zone.
    Method 2: I would suggest you to run App troubleshooter.

• Type ‘Troubleshooting’ in the search next to start.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on left side and select Windows store Apps’.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    Method 3: I would suggest you to reset Windows store.

• Right click on start and select ‘RUN’.
    • In the Run window, type WSReset.exe and click “Ok”.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 23, 2019
  4. ddinc Win User

App store and apps disappeared

Suddenly I have got the entries below,which do not respond to clicking.

e.g News app is visible as tile and updating but cannot get full screen.

On programs list I have:

@ MicrosoftBingNews 4.8.239.0X86 _8weekb3d8bbwe?ms-resources/microsoft Bing News/resources/application tile

I uninstalled and reinstalled all through powershell +WSReset...nothing helped

All programs except Windows store apps disappeared for some user [​IMG]

ddinc, Sep 23, 2019
Thema:

1. All programs except Windows store apps disappeared for some user - Similar Threads - programs except store

2. What's causing some programs like Discord, Opera or Microsoft store apps to not work at all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's causing some programs like Discord, Opera or Microsoft store apps to not work at all...: Hi! I just did a system restore to a 3 weeks old point I created before testing some things on registry editor and eventually the system Windows 10 64bit became a messy thing and I broke some windows features, so I rollback to that restore point, however, even tho the system...
  3. What's causing some programs like Discord, Opera or Microsoft store apps to not work at all...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What's causing some programs like Discord, Opera or Microsoft store apps to not work at all...: Hi! I just did a system restore to a 3 weeks old point I created before testing some things on registry editor and eventually the system Windows 10 64bit became a messy thing and I broke some windows features, so I rollback to that restore point, however, even tho the system...
  4. Window store app update program throwing exception

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window store app update program throwing exception: when I was running this code public static void Mainstring[] args { PackageManager packageManager = new PackageManager; IEnumerable<Windows.ApplicationModel.Package> packages =...
  5. Window store app update program throwing exception

Window store app update program throwing exception: when I was running this code public static void Mainstring[] args { PackageManager packageManager = new PackageManager; IEnumerable<Windows.ApplicationModel.Package> packages =...
  6. Install Windows Store font app for all users?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Install Windows Store font app for all users?: Hello, we recently got work computers with Windows 10. There are some documents from our old computers that use the Rockwell font – specifically, Inkscape files (a graphics editor like Adobe Illustrator). In order to find a font and use it, Inkscape needs it to be "installed...
  7. Remove all UWP apps except store for new users.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove all UWP apps except store for new users.: Hi, I would like to remove all the UWP apps except the Microsoft store. I know how to do that and it works perfectly but one question is how can I make that happen for new users? I don't need the extra apps and the other users dont need them either. I have tried looking...
  8. Problems starting some Store apps (not all).

Problems starting some Store apps (not all).: I've had this problem ever since Anniversary upgrade on one of my machines (a Dell). At the same time, the problem does not exist on my older HP. I've discussed it here before, but I still have not gotten any results, so I thought a new thread would be better... Summary:...
  9. Windows 10 apps or Store not working for some users

Windows 10 apps or Store not working for some users: Hi, I’m responsible for multiple computers for our youth work. All windows 10 computers with multiple local users (administrators). Clean installed at the beginning of January. Windows 10 drives me kind of crazy, cause on a very regular base Store apps stop functioning....
  10. App store and apps disappeared

App store and apps disappeared: Suddenly I have got the entries below,which do not respond to clicking. e.g News app is visible as tile and updating but cannot get full screen. On programs list I have: @ MicrosoftBingNews 4.8.239.0X86 _8weekb3d8bbwe?ms-resources/microsoft Bing...