Windows 10: All programs missing: please help.

Discus and support All programs missing: please help. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently I changed my login to use a pin. Worked fine for days. Then one child attempted to many wrong pins. He says the machine then rebooted itself.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ok-Brilliant-1737, Dec 24, 2020.

1. All programs missing: please help.

Recently I changed my login to use a pin. Worked fine for days. Then one child attempted to many wrong pins. He says the machine then rebooted itself.

When I came to it, my pin worked. But ALL programs disappeared. Some, but not all, have entries in all programs-but clicking gives a “bad link” error.

Data is there. But clicking a presentation for example gives an error indicating PowerPoint is not installed. The .exe files are there. If I click on Steam (for example) it wants to reinstall.

This is a nightmare. What do I need to do to NOT have to go find a dozen product keys for a dozen different programs where I may not even be able to find/download the very many years old and very expensive install files? Think old versions of CAD/CAD software that was $3000 a pop in 2005 dollars.

submitted by /u/Ok-Brilliant-1737
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ok-Brilliant-1737, Dec 24, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 24, 2020
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Dec 24, 2020
  4. All programs missing: please help.

Error: 'msflxgrd.ocx missing' while installing program on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue might be due to corrupt/missing installation files of the program. Please provide the below information to understand the issue in a better way.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. How are you installing the program?
    3. Which program you are trying to install?

Since you have already tried some steps to resolve the issue, but you were unable to fix it. Please let me know the steps which you have tried, so that I will not provide the same suggestions again.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

All programs missing: please help.

1. All programs missing: please help. - Similar Threads - programs missing please

2. Windows Apps Missing!! Help Please.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Apps Missing!! Help Please.: So today I bought a new laptop, it was fine at first, all the apps were there. I decided to reset it, I may have accidentally turned it off while resetting, when I turned it back on it was on the setup. From then on there were no windows apps like microsoft store or mail....
  3. Missing thumbnails-PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing thumbnails-PLEASE HELP: I need HELP. I have windows 10. I am missing thumbnails ONLY for 4k 24fps video clips. 4k 60fps video clips are fine. All my photo thumbnails are fine. Both 4k 60fps and 24fps are mp4 files. I have tried everything. Tried clicking the options and to "show all thumbnails."...
  4. Trying to install program, please help...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to install program, please help...: I get pop-up window with this: the feature you are trying to use is on a cd-rom or other removable disk that is not available Thank you submitted by /u/Luigispotato [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eebfwg/trying_to_install_program_please_help/
  5. D drive is missing.. please help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D drive is missing.. please help!: Hello, A little over a month ago the D drive on my computer (Asus Notebook PC, Windows 10) would disappear occasionally but when I rebooted the computer it would reappear and work normally, until one day it just completely disappeared and has not come back. I am okay with...
  6. My Program Folder with all my music is gone! Please help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Program Folder with all my music is gone! Please help!: My music folder in my C: Drive under my user name/Music/MyiTunes is gone so I can't access all my music that was saved and being used through I Tunes! Why and how could an entire folder just disappear?? There have been Windows pop ups lately that say entry point to I tunes or...
  7. Windows Defender is missing, please help.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender is missing, please help.: Hiya guys. In a nutshell my windows defender is missing. I first noticed the issue when i tried to click on the open security control center option (where you would manage exceptions to the antivirus for example) in the update & security tab in the settings, and nothing...
  8. Help please. Windows Store App icons, all missing :/

Help please. Windows Store App icons, all missing :/: Hey guys, so I have a strange problem which has happened before after a Windows update. No more restore points so that's not an option. Basically all of the icons for Windows App store apps are missing, including Edge and the Store icons themselves. I have tried clearing...
  9. Please help find a DVD program

Please help find a DVD program: Please help find a DVD Program To d/l free that will burn the contents of a DVD to A blank DVD .that will work on windows 10 home prem.Thank you very much . 29091
  10. Alternate Program directory, all programs missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Alternate Program directory, all programs missing: Hello, I have a multiple SSD/HD setup in my laptop. My main SSD that I use for the system isn't very large, so I use an alternate directory (not C:\Program Files (x86)) on my secondary SSD to install my programs. Things like Intuit Quickbooks, Office, and other 3rd party...