Windows 10: All References to Desktop are missing from new profile in Windows 10

Discus and support All References to Desktop are missing from new profile in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just setup a new user and all references to Desktop are missing. The Desktop appears as expected with shortcuts and files etc but in File Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stephen WS, Jan 18, 2019.

1. All References to Desktop are missing from new profile in Windows 10

I just setup a new user and all references to Desktop are missing. The Desktop appears as expected with shortcuts and files etc but in File Explorer Desktop doesn't appear. The properties for files saved on the Desktop show that they are saved in C:\Users\Username\Desktop but Desktop is missing from c:\Users\Username. It is also missing from Quick Access and This PC lists.

I have "Show hidden files ... " enabled.

Desktop does appear for the Administrator account.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

SS

:)

Stephen WS, Jan 18, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 18, 2019
  4. All References to Desktop are missing from new profile in Windows 10

Windows 10 missing desktop files

Hi Adriane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

• Did you do a clean installation of Windows or upgrade to Windows 10?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can find your desktop files.

• Open This PC.
    • Double click on C: drive.
    • Open Users > double click on your user name.
    • Open Desktop and check if you can find missing files.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

All References to Desktop are missing from new profile in Windows 10

1. All References to Desktop are missing from new profile in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - References Desktop are

2. What is Missing typelib reference ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is Missing typelib reference ?: Hello Every time I test the registry using CC cleaner this detail below is ever shown just I repeat the test Is it a missing dll ? If it is so, how to install it ? I have run the CMD as administrator typing SFC/ scannow, but noting is wrong No error gave out I also sometimes...
  3. What is Missing typelib reference ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is Missing typelib reference ?: Hello Every time I test the registry using CC cleaner this detail below is ever shown just I repeat the test Is it a missing dll ? If it is so, how to install it ? I have run the CMD as administrator typing SFC/ scannow, but noting is wrong No error gave out I also sometimes...
  4. Missing profile Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing profile Windows 10: Hello,After starting windows10 today I noticed that the login for my user account was not there. Instead there was a generic "admin" profile that I was able to log into. Then, it went through a "first-time" set up for that profile. Once in, I was able to see the files to the...
  5. Missing profile Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing profile Windows 10: Hello,After starting windows10 today I noticed that the login for my user account was not there. Instead there was a generic "admin" profile that I was able to log into. Then, it went through a "first-time" set up for that profile. Once in, I was able to see the files to the...
  6. Missing profile Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10’s missing data new profile bug is still there

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s missing data new profile bug is still there: Some users who have installed recent Windows 10 updates including KB4549951 have reported that their user profile with all the data, customizations and documents weren’t loading when they logged in. After the updates are applied, Windows 10 boots with a mysterious temporary...
  8. All text is missing from windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    All text is missing from windows 10: Hi All, I'm testing WINDOWS 10 PRO within the domain. After completing the join I encountered the same problem. At the first restart some characters disappear, while at the second restart they are no longer displayed at any point (contextual menu, explore resources, etc...
  9. Saved Remote Desktop Profiles are missing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saved Remote Desktop Profiles are missing.: I just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I was able to use CiscoConnect to connect to my workplace VPN but my Remote Desktop login information is missing. Is there a way to restore of find the IP, etc.? Thanks ~Tracy 24652
  10. Windows 10 Home desktop folders and files all are missing?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home desktop folders and files all are missing?: My desktop files and folders all are missing? One of my desktop folders are MP3 files are missing and it is only one copy. Magically one of folder MP3 songs are able to be played in my music box in the playing list. It is only one copy. I have turned on OneDrive to...