Windows 10: All saved account info cleared after updates

Discus and support All saved account info cleared after updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I received a large windows update last week. When the update was complete, all of my saved accounts were cleared. Since then, I have had two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sooperdooper, Apr 10, 2019.

1. All saved account info cleared after updates

Hello.

I received a large windows update last week. When the update was complete, all of my saved accounts were cleared. Since then, I have had two more windows updates and in both cases, all of my saved accounts were cleared. How can I stop updates from clearing my saved accounts? This is very annoying.

When I say saved accounts, I mean I have re-log into apps such as Skype for Business, Skype, Google Hangouts, and Google Drive Sync. Also, saved account info for some web based apps are cleared such as Last Pass (Chrome Extension) and saved accounts for websites such as ServiceNow and Office365.

Any info on how to prevent this from happening after future updated would be very helpful.

Thank you.

:)

sooperdooper, Apr 10, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Apr 10, 2019
  4. All saved account info cleared after updates

Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

All saved account info cleared after updates

1. All saved account info cleared after updates - Similar Threads - saved account info

2. Issues updating account info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues updating account info: I've changed service providers and need to update my email address as it no longer exists.When I select edit account info and "Add an existing email address as a Microsoft account alias" it says "This email address is already taken. Please try again."Of course it'"taken"...
  3. Issues updating account info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues updating account info: I've changed service providers and need to update my email address as it no longer exists.When I select edit account info and "Add an existing email address as a Microsoft account alias" it says "This email address is already taken. Please try again."Of course it'"taken"...
  4. How to clear saved sign in accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clear saved sign in accounts: How would I clear useless, saved sign in accounts:This is on the minecraft launcher, my friends gave me their accounts but I don't need them saved anymore, how would I clear this list?...
  5. How to clear saved sign in accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clear saved sign in accounts: How would I clear useless, saved sign in accounts:This is on the minecraft launcher, my friends gave me their accounts but I don't need them saved anymore, how would I clear this list?...
  6. Removing saved info

in Browsers and Email
    Removing saved info: I emailed my college teacher using Outlook and his email address now shows in the saved info box in Microsoft Edge (Window 10 21H1). Only his email address has a icon with a blue clipboard? next to it. No other saved email addresses have this icon. How do I remove his email...
  7. Duplicate of MS Account on 'Account Info' screen after latest update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Duplicate of MS Account on 'Account Info' screen after latest update?: Update 2020-09 KB4576478, KB45717156 So I'm not sure whether this issue has been caused by the latest update or not, but going into the settings>Accounts>Account Info, I see two buttons for my Microsoft account. I can click both of them but they are completely identical,...
  8. Clear Disk Info is a handy health info tool for storage devices

in Windows 10 News
    Clear Disk Info is a handy health info tool for storage devices: Clear Disk Info is a free software program for Microsoft Windows devices that provides a clear view of health related information about connected storage devices. Keeping an eye on storage devices is essential when you work with computer systems. A storage device failure...
  9. microsoft account saved login info, can it be edited

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft account saved login info, can it be edited: Ok i'll try to word this to make sense. i bought a new laptop a few months ago, i'm still running win 7 on my desktops. this new lappy cam with windows 10. when i set it up, i used my gmail email, and filled in the info. well somehow the name for the user folder was...
  10. Saving log in info

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Saving log in info: After just upgrading to Win 10/Edge, I'm finding that a lot of times, when I access a web site requiring a user ID and password, when I enter that info, Edge does not ask me if I want to save that info. I have that option turned on in my settings. Is that normal for Win...