Windows 10: All Settings everywhere, now asks for my password. It will reject it every time.

Discus and support All Settings everywhere, now asks for my password. It will reject it every time. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Somehow in trying to get Windows to work like I'd like, fat chance, I've got it so every thing that I want to do requires my password, and it says it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MulberryJack, Feb 13, 2019.

1. All Settings everywhere, now asks for my password. It will reject it every time.

Somehow in trying to get Windows to work like I'd like, fat chance, I've got it so every thing that I want to do requires my password, and it says it's wrong. I can't boot into safe mode without this password. I can't even Reset 10 or Clean refresh 10 because of this password, which I know, which the PC says is wrong. I'd settle for just anyway, even if you have to start Win 10 fresh again. But I can't access that because of this password setting somewhere.

Now if it would accept my password it be no big deal. I'd just go back in and change that setting. I can't run anything from the RUN command.

Does anyone know a total way to get around all this, even if I have to Clean and get a new Windows without this machine telling me I don't know my password? I would be very much obliged. MulberryJack ":-\\

:)

MulberryJack, Feb 13, 2019
  2. Optimost Win User

Repeated rejection of passwords

For the last couple of months, I have been being asked repeatedly for my password, like have of the time I try to use Skype. Then, after many attempts to use what I know to be my password, I am repeatedly told it is invalid. When I set up a new password,
    it may work for a few days or a week, but then it is rejected no matter how carefully I check its accuracy. Today, I set up a new password, and it was rejected within minutes when I tried to use it. That was a hour or two ago. I was asked for password to
    enter this site and ask a question, and the same password that was rejected a couple of hours ago, was accepted. I do not want to hear that this must be because I am making mistakes entering my passwords. I check too many time and too carefully, as you might
    imagine, for that to be the problem. Anyone else run into this craziness??

Optimost, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Saja67 Win User
    Bitlocker not asking for password set up

I have the same problem as David with bitlocker set-up not asking me for a password. Following the instructions in the article suggested by Jennifer does not help as it assumes that I will be prompted to enter a password - the set up skips that step going
    straight to the options for saving the recovery key. Once (supposedly) encrypted, I can restart my computer without having to enter anything apart from my microsoft password so I do not have any additional security at all.

Saja67, Feb 13, 2019
  4. All Settings everywhere, now asks for my password. It will reject it every time.

Cortana ask me to “Enter your old password one last time”

Hi Dennis,

To better assist you, we would like to ask these questions:

• Which Windows build version do you have? Have you updated your Windows 10 to Creators Update?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Is this the first time that you are trying to use Cortana and you don't have an old password?

We will look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

All Settings everywhere, now asks for my password. It will reject it every time.

1. All Settings everywhere, now asks for my password. It will reject it every time. - Similar Threads - Settings everywhere asks

2. Tried to open W10 in safe mode and screen asked for my password but rejected my ms password...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Tried to open W10 in safe mode and screen asked for my password but rejected my ms password...: I put my computer in safe mode, but when I restarted it asked for my password, and it rejected my ms password, so I am locked out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tried-to-open-w10-in-safe-mode-and-screen-asked/d09bcd01-c377-4afd-94d3-9916fb4992ea
  3. Tried to open W10 in safe mode and screen asked for my password but rejected my ms password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tried to open W10 in safe mode and screen asked for my password but rejected my ms password...: I put my computer in safe mode, but when I restarted it asked for my password, and it rejected my ms password, so I am locked out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tried-to-open-w10-in-safe-mode-and-screen-asked/d09bcd01-c377-4afd-94d3-9916fb4992ea
  4. Tried to open W10 in safe mode and screen asked for my password but rejected my ms password...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My HP all in one desktop is rejecting my passwords.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My HP all in one desktop is rejecting my passwords.: so lately I took out my old desktop for school and work but ever since I updated it to the Windows 10 pro 20H2, it has stopped accepting my password, I've tried All my passwords, I started with my desktops usual password, but that wrong for some reason, and it was saying...
  6. Reset my laptop and Now asking for a password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset my laptop and Now asking for a password: So I reset my laptop and now it's asking for a password that I didn't even put up. Is there any USB bootable software through which I can remove the password submitted by /u/Ojash5 [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows Mail asking for password every now and then

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail asking for password every now and then: Hello. I've got 4 accounts set up on the Windows 10 Mail app (2 GMail, 1 private, and 1 Outlook address). The first 3 addresses work fine, but about 2 months ago the app started asking me to enter my outlook password every few days. I tried to delete and recreate the...
  8. Windows 10 rejecting password every time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 rejecting password every time: I am currently locked out of my own computer. It happened after I rebooted my computer after uninstalling SpyHunter 5 which was completely insistent that I reboot after uninstalling. I'm not even sure how that could be the cause of all this. I'm now stuck on the login...
  9. Now asking for password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Now asking for password: For a long time now when I boot Windows 10 I never need to enter a password as I followed instructions here to allow me boot into Windows without a password. This morning however, when I booted up the laptop a box showed saying Simple Pass requires a password update. A long...
  10. Windows 10 Installation asks for but rejects password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation asks for but rejects password: My laptop received news that I could download and install Windows Pro 10. Everything went sweet until it ask me for my password to continue. I put the 4 digit password that I have been using since I bought this laptop last May. It would not accept it. I tried using my...