Windows 10: All settings reset after every stop /start , previously installed software disappear/ stop...

Discus and support All settings reset after every stop /start , previously installed software disappear/ stop... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; all of a sudden on July 8 2020 my 2019 HP Pavilion on restart deleted all my settings, will not allow many icon to be dragged and locked on the task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MP57, Jul 9, 2020.

1. MP57 Win User

All settings reset after every stop /start , previously installed software disappear/ stop...

all of a sudden on July 8 2020 my 2019 HP Pavilion on restart deleted all my settings, will not allow many icon to be dragged and locked on the task bar, will not recognize mi previous settings and seems to have created a new uber user. Even if reinstall software ie. Chrome etc on the next start up it will all be reset and all changes will disappear ... tried to restore Windows with no luck.

HP peripherals not recognized, Microsoft Store hardwired and no access to other channels for downloads of previously used essential software such as HP scan and capture ...... PLSE HELP !! Driving me crazy...

:)

MP57, Jul 9, 2020

2. pc settings change after every update

why do i have to change all my settings after every single update?

i have apps and programs opening on start up that i have previously stopped, my screen resolution always changes among loads of other things.

its like i need to make a list of everything i change so i can spend another hour re-doing it after every update!!!!

if this continues, i will just have to buy a MAC

ianpankhurst, Jul 9, 2020
  3. start menu and Windows key stopped working and Edge disappeared

About two weeks after installing Windows 10 (migrating for 8.1) the start menu and Windows key stopped working and Edge disappeared form the task bar. I ran SFC/scannow, it found corrupt files but was not able to fix some. Any other suggestions?

ThomasJFletcher, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Artas1984 Win User

All settings reset after every stop /start , previously installed software disappear/ stop...

Firefox crashes non-stop!!!

Suggest any methods to stop Firefox from crashing. It crashes right after starting, no more than a second or 3..

Any cache, plugins, antivirus things that might cause it? It is very, very annoying...

Artas1984, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

1. All settings reset after every stop /start , previously installed software disappear/ stop... - Similar Threads - settings reset every

2. Throttle stop setting reset after restart.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Throttle stop setting reset after restart.: I have an acer predator helios 300 laptop with Intel i7 9750h and the CPU comes undervolted to -125 offset voltage but for some reason idk the offset set to 0 from factory setting. Anyone knows how to set it to -125 back? I used throttlestop but everytime I restart my PC the...
  3. Throttle stop setting reset after restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Throttle stop setting reset after restart.: I have an acer predator helios 300 laptop with Intel i7 9750h and the CPU comes undervolted to -125 offset voltage but for some reason idk the offset set to 0 from factory setting. Anyone knows how to set it to -125 back? I used throttlestop but everytime I restart my PC the...
  4. Throttle stop setting reset after restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Tired of Windows Edge starting and stopping starting and stopping all the time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tired of Windows Edge starting and stopping starting and stopping all the time: Does anyone have any idea how to fix Edge??? I have tried everything I can find on the net about the problem and the fixes. I have had people give me suggestions on how to fix the problem. NOTHING works. It only occurs when trying to watch a video in Edge. Facebook, Twitter,...
  6. Tired of Windows Edge starting and stopping starting and stopping all the time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tired of Windows Edge starting and stopping starting and stopping all the time: Does anyone have any idea how to fix Edge??? I have tried everything I can find on the net about the problem and the fixes. I have had people give me suggestions on how to fix the problem. NOTHING works. It only occurs when trying to watch a video in Edge. Facebook, Twitter,...
  7. Tired of Windows Edge starting and stopping starting and stopping all the time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Reset stops after 38%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset stops after 38%: My pc stops resetting after 38% after that it restart and then shows there was a problem resetting your pc plz help and it also shows an error code 0xc0000005 when ever I run discord and simpleplanes...
  9. Stop “remove previous Windows installations”

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stop “remove previous Windows installations”: So, from what I understand after 10 days Windows 10 removes past feature updates to "save space". Is there any to turn it off or extend the 10 days? I can only seem to find "how to remove updates" online. I did not see anything in Services that seemed like it would stop...
  10. Go to previous state after software install

in Windows 10 Support
    Go to previous state after software install: I want to try a bunch of apps that I have on my new computer. Ideally, each time I don't like a certain app, I'd like a way to easily return to a point before the app was installed, instead of just uninstalling. Does anyone know how to do this, or of a program that does...