Windows 10: ALL shortcuts on taskbar say "The item you selected is unavailable. It may have been moved,...

Discus and support ALL shortcuts on taskbar say "The item you selected is unavailable. It may have been moved,... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to open recent documents using right click on a shortcut on the taskbar it always says "The item you selected is unavailable. It may have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tom Vercetti, Aug 27, 2019.

1. ALL shortcuts on taskbar say "The item you selected is unavailable. It may have been moved,...

When I try to open recent documents using right click on a shortcut on the taskbar it always says "The item you selected is unavailable. It may have been moved, renamed or removed. Do you want to remove it from the list?"
    Also when I right click a shortcut and click to open the program using that menu, it doesn't open either and there's no error message.

The main thing is this isn't limited to any single program, any type, old or new shoctcut. ALL of them have this problem.

It's been like this for several weeks. Please help.
    Thank you.

:)

Tom Vercetti, Aug 27, 2019

2. In Windows 10 taskbar shortcuts all say "the item you selected is unavailable it might have been moved"

All the taskbar items and shortcuts from the start menu are unable to complete their links.

The phrase "the item you selected is unavailable it might have been moved, renamed, or removed. Do you want to remove it from the list".

The items have not been moved, nor renamed, nor removed. The list does update with recent items, but I can never get the short cut to work. I have tried to delete these shortcuts, but the "delete" does not delete them.

Any suggestions?

Gavin

gavinpetersmith, Aug 27, 2019
  3. tjyeee Win User
    The item you selected is unavailable. It might have been moved...

I apologize if this is the wrong section, I'm new to this forums, but I'm kinda desperate.

I barely use my PC, I use it mostly for games, music and some videos now and then. Also incase I've forgotten to mention it's pretty new (maybe 2 months old).
    I pinned my VLC Media Player so I could access recently used items faster. Whenever I play an .mp3 file it is added to my recent list, although when I try to re-play it from the recent list it gives me the error:
    What I've meant by pinning my VLC and accessing recently played .mp3s:

ALL shortcuts on taskbar say "The item you selected is unavailable. It may have been moved,... b08117b2e8e32aae5274e8a814298b0c.png

UPDATE: Also, I think it's important to mention I'm using Classic Shell.

tjyeee, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

ALL shortcuts on taskbar say "The item you selected is unavailable. It may have been moved,...

Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

ALL shortcuts on taskbar say "The item you selected is unavailable. It may have been moved,...

1. ALL shortcuts on taskbar say "The item you selected is unavailable. It may have been moved,... - Similar Threads - shortcuts taskbar item

2. The item you selected is unavailable. it may have been moved, renamed or removed. Do you...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The item you selected is unavailable. it may have been moved, renamed or removed. Do you...: When I want to open Control Panel or CMD it shows me this message. If I click on "Remove from the list" it says " [name] could not be removed. The System Restore Point program is gone. I can't even insert an image, the screenshot is not opening shift+win+s. Please someone...
  3. The item you selected is unavailable. it may have been moved, renamed or removed. Do you...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The item you selected is unavailable. it may have been moved, renamed or removed. Do you...: When I want to open Control Panel or CMD it shows me this message. If I click on "Remove from the list" it says " [name] could not be removed. The System Restore Point program is gone. I can't even insert an image, the screenshot is not opening shift+win+s. Please someone...
  4. "The item you selected is unavailable. It may have been moved, renamed or removed." Jump...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The item you selected is unavailable. It may have been moved, renamed or removed." Jump...: I have a fresh Win10 installation on a new computer. My old files were all transferred, including my Dropbox folder. Although I can pin files that existed before the installation to the app icons in the taskbar just list, when I click on them I receive the error: "The item...
  5. "The item you selected is unavailable. It may have been moved, renamed or removed." Jump...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "The item you selected is unavailable. It may have been moved, renamed or removed." Jump...: I have a fresh Win10 installation on a new computer. My old files were all transferred, including my Dropbox folder. Although I can pin files that existed before the installation to the app icons in the taskbar just list, when I click on them I receive the error: "The item...
  6. "The item you selected is unavailable. It may have been moved, renamed or removed." Jump...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. The item you selected is unavailable. It might have been moved, renamed, or removed. Do you...

The item you selected is unavailable. It might have been moved, renamed, or removed. Do you...: I had an issue editing my Google Doc, and so I reinstalled Chrome, and then the issue is fixed. However, a new problem arises, which can be seen in the image below. When I right-click the app, there are two tasks: New Window, and New Incognito Window. When I click one of them...
  8. the item you selected is unavailable. it might have been moved renamed or removed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    the item you selected is unavailable. it might have been moved renamed or removed: I was downloading something and it says that my ssd is full and so with my dumb brain i thought if i just cut and pasted the program files and stuff to my hdd then i guess it will free up space. Then it ruined everything. some program files including google chrome, microsoft...
  9. Cant access shortcut in taskbar "The item you selected is unavailable. It may have been...

Cant access shortcut in taskbar "The item you selected is unavailable. It may have been...: As title, I cant access all shortcut in taskbar (My windows is 10 Home 64bit) I try all the fix here but nothing available except Repair Install by installing the Media Creation Tool...
  10. The item you selected is unavailable. It might have been moved...

in Windows 10 Support
    The item you selected is unavailable. It might have been moved...: I apologize if this is the wrong section, I'm new to this forums, but I'm kinda desperate. I barely use my PC, I use it mostly for games, music and some videos now and then. Also incase I've forgotten to mention it's pretty new (maybe 2 months old). I pinned my VLC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the iteam you referred to is unavailabe shorcut

2. chrome unavalilable from task bar - the item you selected is unavailable