Windows 10: All Song and Album Covers taken from other Song

Discus and support All Song and Album Covers taken from other Song in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why is it like that? Most of them even have their own custom Covers! But all Groove Music shows me is this one! When I delete the Song this Cover is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PixelBrush, Oct 8, 2018.

1. All Song and Album Covers taken from other Song

Why is it like that? Most of them even have their own custom Covers! But all Groove Music shows me is this one! When I delete the Song this Cover is from it just takes another Cover and plasters that onto all the songs.

The Metadata is not affected however. The songs still retain their own Covers. It's just how they show up in the Program itself!

In Groove Music

Outside of Groove Music

:)

PixelBrush, Oct 8, 2018
  2. HGN2001 Win User

Windows Media Player Song Title Alpha Order Bug possible workaround

I use Windows Media Player to maintain my library of music on the computer. Usually, when I open an Artist, all of the songs are listed within the album from which it comes. So first is Album A with all of its songs, then Album B etc.

Often, I'll want to list all of those same songs within an Artist by Song title. This will sort all of the titles that start with "A" first, "B" second, etc. and show a very small jpeg of the album cover on the left. This view allows for quick audio comparisons of the same song from different sources. This is where you can hear one iteration of a song being louder or better quality or worse mastering than another - a helpful use of this software.

OK, so what's the bug? Occasionally and unpredictably, the alpha-by-song list will separate out widely, listing the first song with a large jpeg of the cover art. Then a second song will appear with its large jpeg cover art, all of this using up a lot of screen real estate. It can still be used, but it's ugly to look at. It has been maddening that some artists are separated out like this, while most list nice and tight, line by line.

Today, I might have uncovered the reason that it happens. I think it has to do with apostrophes in the last title in the alphabetical list. If you can somehow change the title of that song so that it's not last, your list will show tight lines, the way its supposed to be.

I realize that this is a very specialized use of Windows Media Player, but maybe it will help out someone out there.

HGN2001, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Some WMP songs will not return to itunes library

When I try to access specific songs in itunes it says "file location not found" yet I can call the song up on wmp and listen to it.
    Sometimes when I list the album in itunes the song is missing and other times it is grayed out. I am trying to put music to a video but I can only do it through itunes. Does anyone have any suggestions. I have spent too much time watching facebook videos on how to sync these two programs

really old guy, Oct 8, 2018
  4. All Song and Album Covers taken from other Song

Albums not appearing in album list yet songs are listed?

The "Unknown" album displays in both the album list and the songs are in the songs list. However, other albums, purchased from Amazon for example, aren't displayed in the album list but the songs are in the songs list.

The only reason I mentioned the Unknown album is because TomBrad95 asked if I had an "unknown" album in my list.

Nathon Jones, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

All Song and Album Covers taken from other Song

1. All Song and Album Covers taken from other Song - Similar Threads - Song Album Covers

2. Wrong album art displaying when a song is played

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong album art displaying when a song is played: Hi, I am having issues with the windows media player when I play a song from a cd.It keeps showing the wrong album art cover when I play the song .. the thumbnail image is correct but when the song is being played it shows another artist's cover... I followed the...
  3. Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist: I have an extensive music collection, but most listening is to playlists. I have tried to follow all hints, suggestions, and directions found (even purchased Uniconverter). Unfortunately, I have never been able to produce a Cd which will play on a car audio system and display...
  4. Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist

in Windows 10 Support
    Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist: I have an extensive music collection, but most listening is to playlists. I have tried to follow all hints, suggestions, and directions found (even purchased Uniconverter). Unfortunately, I have never been able to produce a Cd which will play on a car audio system and display...
  5. songs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    songs: I have a lot of questions..but 2 for now... I have duplicate songs & file Paths..how do I chose the correct file path? 2 When I delete a song it come back & sais $recycle bin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/songs/9cf60846-d7f5-4028-8a5f-ae1da8b415cb
  6. buy song/album to play on windows media player

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    buy song/album to play on windows media player: buy song/album to play on windows media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/buy-songalbum-to-play-on-windows-media-player/853dc1f5-568d-4855-9168-22a6d34d57d4"
  7. Groove music song/album titles cut short

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Groove music song/album titles cut short: Hi there, I recently purchased a new desktop PC with Windows 10 already installed, so I figured I'd import my music to the device. However, rather than placing it on the PC's internal hard drive, I figured I may as well keep it on an external HDD which I had been using to...
  8. Groove music song/album titles cit short

Groove music song/album titles cit short: Hi there, I recently purchased a new desktop PC with Windows 10 already installed, so I figured I'd import my music to the device. However, rather than placing it on the PC's internal hard drive, I figured I may as well keep it on an external HDD which I had been using to...
  9. Going to artist page from album displays no songs, shows "Sorry, these songs aren't...

Going to artist page from album displays no songs, shows "Sorry, these songs aren't...: I have a bunch of mix albums, in which I have songs from different artists. In WMP, if I wanted to listen to a single artist from that album, I'd just go to the Artists view and pick the artists, then get all their songs. In Groove however, these aslbums just appear as...
  10. Groove Music Wont play all songs (some songs play, others dont)

Groove Music Wont play all songs (some songs play, others dont): I was listening to some songs, 1400 to be precise. From a external hd, not sure if the external hd has some virus or not, but the thing is, all of a sudden, groove music wasnt playing any of the songs in the external drive. When i tried to play songs from my local part c: ,...