Windows 10: All text disappears after restart

Discus and support All text disappears after restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have strange problem with win10 and I think it happend after some update. All text keeps dissapearing not only text from all kind of menus,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TomPerys, Jun 10, 2020.

1. TomPerys Win User

All text disappears after restart

Hi,

I have strange problem with win10 and I think it happend after some update. All text keeps dissapearing not only text from all kind of menus, desktop icons, try panel but also text in any terminal cmd or powershell. Strange thing is when I logout I have to press win+x and find by blind in the empty menu wehre the logoupt probably is and login again the text is back for some time. But it will dissapear again if there will be a restart and sometimes probably even without restart.

I can not find the cause I already tried to reinstall the gpraphic drivers also do several times the "sfc /scannow" and "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" but its all seems to be fine and having no effect on anything. I would go for clean reinstall of the OS but unfortunatelly I cant because the system is on remote machine and I will get there maybe in a few months so its not an option right now

:)

TomPerys, Jun 10, 2020

2. Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

Dude this was a year ago

Forbidden Duck, Jun 10, 2020
  4. wsfeng Win User

Windows10: all menu text disappeared! Help!

Hello,

Something is wrong with my Windows 10. A few days ago, all menu text disappeared! Initially, reboot the system would resolve the issue. But now reboot the system doesn't help at all. I tried to reset the system yesterday, it doesn't work either.

For example, if you click on the network button on the right bottom corner, a list of available wifi networks will be displayed. But what I get is only a list of the wireless icons, all the network names are disappeared.

However, if I login as a different user (Administrator), the menu text are back.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

wsfeng, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

1. All text disappears after restart - Similar Threads - text disappears restart

2. Text disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text disappeared: So I added text to the bottom of all my home videos so as you watch them you can see the dates in the corner now a year or do later all the text are missing on all my videos what happend and how do I fix it thank you for any help...
  3. Text disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text disappeared: So I added text to the bottom of all my home videos so as you watch them you can see the dates in the corner now a year or do later all the text are missing on all my videos what happend and how do I fix it thank you for any help...
  4. Disappearing Text

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disappearing Text: Hello,This isn't much, compared to what I usually see posted, but maybe someone can straighten me out.I have many music files. If I go to "properties>details", and enter a "contributing artist's" name, when I enter the first 2 or 3 letters, a dropdown showing several...
  5. Text disappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Text disappearing: Yesterday many of the texts in File Explorer and other programs started disappearing. I could see the file/folder/program icons, but where the file/folder/program names were supposed to be there was blank space. Later, I could see the top half of the text but not the bottom...
  6. disappearing text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    disappearing text: The text on my screen intermittently comes and goes, on web sites. Not a problem on Microsoft office applications and only on some websites, like LInkedin. I have tried clearly all cookies and caches from browser. [ATTACH]...
  7. Text disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text disappeared: In one file in WordPerfect, my text has disappeared. It is still in the "Reveal Code" section. How can I recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-disappeared/cf52eaa6-7140-48da-b1e5-bbe668130866
  8. Text disappearing after there are no lines to spare

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text disappearing after there are no lines to spare: Hi, I am using cmd version 10.0.18363.418. It just functions normally before. Then once, I tried the command "cmd /?". It doesn't matter what command you use, if it needs too much lines, the previous lines will go off. Here are some screenshots: [ATTACH][ATTACH] As you can...
  9. Blurry Text After Restart

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Blurry Text After Restart: Hi all, I have a weird issue with blurry text on my Asus notebook. I did a clean install of Windows 10 after the upgrade and installed all drivers and apps off the supplied CD. I have my text scaling set to 100% as 125% on the 1920x1080 screen looks too big. However...
  10. Text Disappearing All Over Windows Randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Text Disappearing All Over Windows Randomly: Hello all, Ive got a weird issue here. More often than not, when I log onto Windows on my laptop, my desktop icons are missing text. It is not limited to just the icons though. Context menus are all missing text as well, along with everything when I open Windows explorer....