Windows 10: All the apps in the start menu change their tile color with the current theme. Except that...

Discus and support All the apps in the start menu change their tile color with the current theme. Except that... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/0mejallsiz061.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=fe7bfb13bdaf702d31c97e023049c23039dd6a6f submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ItzEndah, Nov 23, 2020.

1. All the apps in the start menu change their tile color with the current theme. Except that...

/u/ItzEndah, Nov 23, 2020
  2. Aakster Win User

Give Office 2016 Start Menu Tiles Colored Backgrounds

After upgrading to Office 2016, I have noticed that the start menu tiles lost their colorful backgrounds and were reverted back to the accent color. Here is how to fix that so the tiles have colored backgrounds.

This guide shows you go to go from this:
    Attachment 113103
    To this:
    Attachment 113105

Step 1
    Navigate to your Start Menu folder
    Typically can be found at: "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"

Step 2
    Find the shortcut for one of the Office suite apps and rename it to anything you want.

Step 3
    Reopen the Start Menu, the page will refresh and the tile will now be colored (assuming you have pinned it on the front page)

Step 4 (Optional)
    Rename the shortcut back to its original name, the tile will still remain colored.

Enjoy *Wink

Aakster, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Tile Text Color

Hi DJTang,

To get black text on tiles, you will need to change the background from dark to light. This can eb found on the

"
    Personalize my Start screen and theme color"
    page.

To change the background

• In the App list, tap Settings
      All the apps in the start menu change their tile color with the current theme. Except that... [​IMG]
      > Start
      + theme.

• Under Background, tap the current background.

• Choose one of the following:
      • To make your background black, tap Dark.
      • To make your background white, tap Light.

Christopher Miller, Nov 23, 2020
  4. All the apps in the start menu change their tile color with the current theme. Except that...

change theme color

also, if you are using a background image on the start screen the tile colors won't change. The tiles that are a fixed color will remain whatever color they've always been and the tiles that could change colors with a theme change will remain transparent
    to show the background image.

Julie fka profjulie, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

All the apps in the start menu change their tile color with the current theme. Except that...

1. All the apps in the start menu change their tile color with the current theme. Except that... - Similar Threads - apps start menu

2. Start Menu Tile Colors Inconsistent

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Tile Colors Inconsistent: The tile background colors on my Start Menu have been showing different colors for different apps. Even apps installed through the same suite are inconsistent, such as Adobe programs. Other apps, such as Spotify, seem to use custom colors, which have always been the case....
  3. 20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color

20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color: So after updating to 20H2 the default color of app tiles in the Start Menu changed. Previously, things looked like the Theme settings preview (see first image). Now, however, App Tiles are just Dark Gray on a Black background. I know that it is possible to have different...
  4. 20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color

in Windows 10 Support
    20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color: So after updating to 20H2 the default color of app tiles in the Start Menu changed. Previously, things looked like the Theme settings preview (see first image). Now, however, App Tiles are just Dark Gray on a Black background. I know that it is possible to have different...
  5. Any way to change tile colors in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to change tile colors in the start menu?: I just installed the 20H2 version and I'm using the fullscreen start menu (like 8.1) and now the tiles are grey instead of my theme color in dark mode... any way to change it? maybe through regedit or a mod? submitted by /u/Jaylay99 [link] [comments]...
  6. Start menu app tile color not changing

Start menu app tile color not changing: I've been messing around a bit with the registry trying to get the theme how I want it but now I've fucked something up and can't get the background color on apps back to default. Tried swapping theme color several times but the background on apps stay dark...
  7. Change color of tiles in Windows Start Menu?

Change color of tiles in Windows Start Menu?: Does anyone know how to change the color of individual tiles in the Windows Start Menu? By default the color will match the Start Menu background color and there's no Windows setting that will allow to set a tile's color. Thanks 167434
  8. Change color of tiles in Windows Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change color of tiles in Windows Start Menu?: Does anyone know how to change the color of individual tiles in the Windows Start Menu? By default the color will match the Start Menu background color and there's no Windows setting that will allow to set a tile's color. Thanks 167434
  9. Different color of tiles in the start menu.

Different color of tiles in the start menu.: [ATTACH] Yes, I have a problem again. I hope it's the last one. Some tiles of the background is brighter than the other. I saw a similar post about 2 weeks ago, but I lost it. P.s.:the system has Russian installed, because I am from Russia....
  10. start menu tile colors

start menu tile colors: I've scanned to find information on changing the tile colors and found nothing. Is there a way to change the start menu tile colors so they're not the same? Windows 8.1 had different color tiles but Windows 10 has most of them the same. Thanks 17729