Windows 10: All the apps on my desktop are displaying shapes instead of numbers and letters

Discus and support All the apps on my desktop are displaying shapes instead of numbers and letters in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Dell Vostro 14-3468 Windows 10 laptop that I bought in October of 2018. This issue started a couple of days ago and I thought if I turned it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jgore99, Sep 29, 2019.

1. jgore99 Win User

All the apps on my desktop are displaying shapes instead of numbers and letters

I have a Dell Vostro 14-3468 Windows 10 laptop that I bought in October of 2018. This issue started a couple of days ago and I thought if I turned it off and turned it back or reset some settings it would help but nothing has worked. I just suffered with it but now I'm going to need it frequently so I need it fixed. This is just one example of what everything looks like. Any ideas how I can fix it? Thanks

All the apps on my desktop are displaying shapes instead of numbers and letters [​IMG]

:)

jgore99, Sep 29, 2019

2. Window 10 My clock is displaying letters instead of numbers

My clock is displaying letters instead of numbers anyone know why this is or how to fix

keithbrowne1, Sep 29, 2019
  3. moskal91 Win User
    NumLock Turns Letters Into Numbers on Desktop Computer

I had the same problem, it seems that it happens only with several keyboards.
    Finally I solved it this way (sorry, but I've got Polish language set):

Now find something like "Standard keyboard device" on the drivers list, install it (click Yes in the compatibility warning window) and check if keyboard is still working.

If so - reboot Your computer and enjoy fixed keyboard without letters turning into numbers.<br>
    If not - revert driver back and try another one.

moskal91, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Rose Ter Win User

Keyboard types letters instead of numbers when inputting card details

Hi,

In order for us to assist you regarding the keyboard issue that type letters instead of numbers when putting in card details. Kindly refer to the response of
    Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP on this
    link
    . This will provide you steps on how to use the correct software keyboard.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. All the apps on my desktop are displaying shapes instead of numbers and letters - Similar Threads - apps desktop are

2. My QWERUIOP is typing numbers instead of letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My QWERUIOP is typing numbers instead of letters: im using laptop keyboard, yesterday i was about to use my laptop but suddenly when i open chrome and tried to type my QWERUIOP is typing 1234567890. i've turned off my numlock i tried to reset my keyboard driver, it just wouldnt work, my dad also couldnt fix this issue....
  3. My QWERUIOP is typing numbers instead of letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My QWERUIOP is typing numbers instead of letters: im using laptop keyboard, yesterday i was about to use my laptop but suddenly when i open chrome and tried to type my QWERUIOP is typing 1234567890. i've turned off my numlock i tried to reset my keyboard driver, it just wouldnt work, my dad also couldnt fix this issue....
  4. My QWERUIOP is typing numbers instead of letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Rectangular shapes instead of circular shapes

Rectangular shapes instead of circular shapes: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] As you can see I have problem where circular shape turns into rectangular shape. I have amd radeon rx 5500 xt If you know how to fix these please reply....
  6. The time on my computer is displayed in letters, not numbers

in Windows 10 Customization
    The time on my computer is displayed in letters, not numbers: Down in the corner of my computer where the time and date are, the date says 6/9/2020, while the time says S:QRPM . If I click on it, thecalendar opens up with the large clock on top. The clock there reads 6:45 PM. How do I change it down below when it is in the corner?...
  7. Numbers instead of letters on HP laptop and Vice Versa.

in Windows 10 Support
    Numbers instead of letters on HP laptop and Vice Versa.: I have had to plug in a keyboard because my windows 10 Laptop keyboard is typing numbers instead of letters and vice versa, I have tried the 'Shift Key and Ctrl' even 'Function and Number lock' its still the same, would a restore work? Thanks in advance. 157730
  8. Keyboard typing numbers instead of letters

Keyboard typing numbers instead of letters: keyboard types numbers instead of letters in the command window. Also in some other apps. Not in notepad, not in google chrome not in file explorer. Pressing Num Lock doesn't change anything. Using an Asus UX31e Zenbook with external mouse, keyboard and monitor. Keyboard...
  9. Keyboard substituting letters instead of numbers on email address

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard substituting letters instead of numbers on email address: As an ARC member I receive novels to review, however as of last update unable to send email address as it is substituting letters for numbers....
  10. Window 10 My clock is displaying letters instead of numbers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 My clock is displaying letters instead of numbers: My clock is displaying letters instead of numbers anyone know why this is or how to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-my-clock-is-displaying-letters-instead/f6509413-d424-45e4-9d83-8cca183537ad