Windows 10: All the configuration I put into W10 Start Menu is GONE

Discus and support All the configuration I put into W10 Start Menu is GONE in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had the Start menu in Windows 10 configured for speed and efficiency for the way I work. All that is gone in W11. When I booted it up for the first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RodLovely, Dec 6, 2021.

1. RodLovely Win User

All the configuration I put into W10 Start Menu is GONE

I had the Start menu in Windows 10 configured for speed and efficiency for the way I work. All that is gone in W11. When I booted it up for the first time it displayed apps that I didn't even know I had, favoring them over the apps I actually use. What was MS thinking? Seems they could have at least tried to keep the apps I had on my W10 Start menu in place even with the new look. Configuration options for W11 Start menu are dismal as well.

:)

RodLovely, Dec 6, 2021
  2. Yvonne Win User

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Dec 6, 2021
  3. XweAponX Win User
    How to Configure the Start Menu?

I never use the "Start Menu" at all anymore, I can get to my tiles from the side link there. I kind of wish I could have that popup as a menu rather than a link, but ClassicShell doesn't list that as an option.

All the configuration I put into W10 Start Menu is GONE [​IMG]

XweAponX, Dec 6, 2021
  4. RoyDen Win User

how make open shell start menu icon overwrite w10 start menu

Lance1
    I installed Open Shell 4.4.142. No change.

Any other suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

Steve C

Mouse Hover (under Control Tab) does nothing. I hover over the W10 Start menu icon and nothings happens.

Then I changed all options to Open-Shell Menu. Nothing changes.

I want the W10 start menu icon replaced by the Open Shell menu like it worked for classic shell in W7.
    I do not even want to see the W10 start menu.

Any other suggestions?

RoyDen, Dec 6, 2021
Thema:

1. All the configuration I put into W10 Start Menu is GONE - Similar Threads - configuration put W10

2. start menu not there, all passwords and browser settings gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu not there, all passwords and browser settings gone: I woke up two days ago and nothing is here. Start menu is gone, not responding, files gone, passwords gone. How can i go back 3 days? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-not-there-all-passwords-and-browser/7b7d5aef-9b4e-492a-9be7-a81a3796c703
  3. start menu not there, all passwords and browser settings gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start menu not there, all passwords and browser settings gone: I woke up two days ago and nothing is here. Start menu is gone, not responding, files gone, passwords gone. How can i go back 3 days? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-not-there-all-passwords-and-browser/7b7d5aef-9b4e-492a-9be7-a81a3796c703
  4. All the configuration I put into W10 Start Menu is GONE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All the configuration I put into W10 Start Menu is GONE: I had the Start menu in Windows 10 configured for speed and efficiency for the way I work. All that is gone in W11. When I booted it up for the first time it displayed apps that I didn't even know I had, favoring them over the apps I actually use. What was MS thinking? Seems...
  5. Start menu gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu gone: After upgrading it appears that my Start Menu is no longer displaying. Any ideas on how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-gone/a2f9827e-679b-4bd8-9122-1e4ed74e59d4
  6. All the programs in my Start Menu are just gone.

All the programs in my Start Menu are just gone.: So, this happened a couple of weeks ago, and me being the most unobservant person on Earth, I didn't notice that half my icons were missing from my taskbar until yesterday. Most of the remaining icons don't work when clicked (they specify a missing shortcut), and when I went...
  7. Start menu gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu gone: Two of our Windows 10 computers have suddenly lost their start menus, and now Word documents can't be opened. What to do? Sandy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-gone/4f701a57-d981-4243-8e01-5874ecfd005e
  8. Start menu is gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu is gone: Since last update, my start menu is gone and none of my taskbar shortcuts are working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/start-menu-is-gone/e3195ce7-f566-4e68-8a19-332a23948909
  9. How to Configure the Start Menu?

How to Configure the Start Menu?: I haven't been impressed with configuring the Start Menu so far. I would like to be able to create new groups in the Start Menu, including the fancy tiles and be able to create my own shortcuts in each group. I looked at the tutorial...
  10. Start Menu Icons Gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Icons Gone: I want to start using my start menu, but I don't remember how to add icons back. I tried to just drag them but that doesn't work. Also, they just all disappeared randomly. Not sure why. Screenshot 33575