Windows 10: All the EXE files are not working

Discus and support All the EXE files are not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Can someone help me? I wanted to open a file by clicking the "Open with" option as an alternative to open it. As I chose WinRAR to open that certain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MDelez, Jan 3, 2022.

1. MDelez Win User

All the EXE files are not working

Can someone help me? I wanted to open a file by clicking the "Open with" option as an alternative to open it. As I chose WinRAR to open that certain file, I forgot to untoggle/untick the "Always use this program to open this type of files or whatever it said" box. Now all the EXE files have turned into a WinRAR file. I can't use a single method to fix this problem. Even the Command Prompt, Task Manager, every single EXE in my laptop has turned into a WinRAR file and are now unavailable for use. I can't even reset my PC. I think it's a registry problem. I really need help.

:)

MDelez, Jan 3, 2022
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jan 3, 2022
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    NESHTA.A VIRUS REMOVED BUT .EXE NOT WORKING

Hi Khaled,

It is possible that you .exe is not working due to corrupted system files or account. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Does this happen with a specific application or with all of your application?
    • Have you tried creating a new admin account to check if the issue also with new account or only with the current account?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how
    to create a new admin account.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 3, 2022
  4. All the EXE files are not working

no .exe files work on my windows 10 PC

Hi,

Since your .exe files are not working, we suggest that you run the System File Checker (SFC) tool. System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. You may follow the
    steps provided
    here

Regards.

Vanessa Oca, Jan 3, 2022
Thema:

All the EXE files are not working

1. All the EXE files are not working - Similar Threads - EXE files are

2. Exe files not opening/working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exe files not opening/working: Hello! I have a problem, whenever I try to open .exe files, all it does is make the grey bar at the top of the file tab grow brighter. But for some reason, my laptop only opens some .exe files, i don't know why. But when i open .exe files it mostly doesn't work.Thanks....
  3. Exe error on all file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Exe error on all file: [ATTACH] Evrytime i try to make a bootable usb or even app are show me this type of exe thing i didnt find any solution can some one help asap plz submitted by /u/Big_Significance_547 [link] [comments]...
  4. all video files turned exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all video files turned exe: hi i think some virus hit one of my folder aand all video files turned 3 mb exe files .any help ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-video-files-turned-exe/ac105683-89c4-4441-8284-6efbc5c67587
  5. all video files turned exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    all video files turned exe: hi i think some virus hit one of my folder aand all video files turned 3 mb exe files .any help ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-video-files-turned-exe/ac105683-89c4-4441-8284-6efbc5c67587
  6. All the EXE files are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All the EXE files are not working: Can someone help me? I wanted to open a file by clicking the "Open with" option as an alternative to open it. As I chose WinRAR to open that certain file, I forgot to untoggle/untick the "Always use this program to open this type of files or whatever it said" box. Now all the...
  7. All the EXE files are not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All the EXE files are not working: Can someone help me? I wanted to open a file by clicking the "Open with" option to open it. As I chose WinRAR to open that certain file, I forgot to untoggle/untick the "Always use this program to open this type of files or whatever it said" box. Now all the EXE files have...
  8. All my files turned into .exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All my files turned into .exe: Hello. So I've messed up my laptop and every app I open, a message pops up "How do you want to open this file?" and the file was in .exe. It happened because I want to download a file from the web but I can't open it since it was in exe file type. Then I followed the...
  9. .EXE Files not working or launching at all!! Please Help!!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .EXE Files not working or launching at all!! Please Help!!!!: Hi there, I'm not incredibly savvy with computers or Windows 10 but I have some old computer disk games I'm looking to run on my Windows 10 PC and they're from 2001 and every time I attempt to install or run the program with the .exe files on the disk, I allow the programs...
  10. Can't open .exe files (all .exe files) in any USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open .exe files (all .exe files) in any USB: Yup, you read that right. I really hate this since I need to install Windows (32-bit) via a thumb drive. Executive files inside the original hard drive does not affect this. All of the .exe files don't work (other type of files still work). But I can still access...