Windows 10: All the files from desktop are missing after recent upgrade

Discus and support All the files from desktop are missing after recent upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer just upgraded on 10/9/2018 to the latest version of Windows 10 and now all the files, folders and shortcuts on my desktop are missing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hitman098, Oct 10, 2018.

1. hitman098 Win User

All the files from desktop are missing after recent upgrade

My computer just upgraded on 10/9/2018 to the latest version of Windows 10 and now all the files, folders and shortcuts on my desktop are missing.

:)

hitman098, Oct 10, 2018
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Oct 10, 2018
  3. Windows 10 missing desktop files

Hi Adriane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

• Did you do a clean installation of Windows or upgrade to Windows 10?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can find your desktop files.

• Open This PC.
    • Double click on C: drive.
    • Open Users > double click on your user name.
    • Open Desktop and check if you can find missing files.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 10, 2018
  4. All the files from desktop are missing after recent upgrade

eidairaman1, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

All the files from desktop are missing after recent upgrade

1. All the files from desktop are missing after recent upgrade - Similar Threads - files desktop are

2. Desktop Icons missing after most recent update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons missing after most recent update.: Hello,My desktop icons and my recycle bin are no longer on my desktop. I just saved a word document and it does not save to my desktop when I save it to there. How do I get my icons and recycle bin back to my desktop?And, how I do I get documents, such as Word, to actually...
  3. Desktop Icons missing after most recent update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons missing after most recent update.: Hello,My desktop icons and my recycle bin are no longer on my desktop. I just saved a word document and it does not save to my desktop when I save it to there. How do I get my icons and recycle bin back to my desktop?And, how I do I get documents, such as Word, to actually...
  4. Desktop Icons missing after most recent update.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Files missing from my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files missing from my desktop: Hello, When I try to upload pictures from my desktop to Facebook page files do not appear. If I go into my desktop outside of FB the files are there! Why won't they show up when I am trying to upload from FB page?...
  6. all files missing after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    all files missing after update: Went to shut the laptop down last night 1st July 2020 and message said windows update. It took nearly 3 hours to complete the update and when we opened up the laptop this morning EVERYTHING was wiped, no windows 365, no browsers, no excel, no word, no pictures. Checked in...
  7. missing iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll since recent upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    missing iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll since recent upgrade: why does this keep on appearing [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-iastorafsserviceapidll-since-recent/241c5493-b505-42c0-af21-da2eac96ab02
  8. Files gone missing from Desktop???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Files gone missing from Desktop???: I have a folder structure sitting in my desktop directory that contains about 40 sub directories, one for each of my past clients. Within each of these sub-directories there are other sub-directories. A few days ago I went into one of these sub-directories and found that...
  9. Missing fonts following recent upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing fonts following recent upgrade: In the past week I installed a new hard drive and downloaded Office 365. My Publisher files are broken because the Futura Fonts I use are missing. I checked my other computer, and the fonts are missing there, too. Is this the result of a update? I tried adding optional...
  10. Desktop contents missing after upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop contents missing after upgrade: After upgrading to 10, all of my previous desktop icons are missing, including folders, shortcuts, etc. Windows 10 icons are present. How do I restore my previous Desktop? 51106