Windows 10: All the installed programs on my Windows 10 desktop have forgotten me. They have no memory...

Discus and support All the installed programs on my Windows 10 desktop have forgotten me. They have no memory... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The programs open, but they act brand new. Also, the Folder Quick Access and This PC go to blank folders. How do I get my computer back to my USER... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by S A 1963, Jun 9, 2021.

1. S A 1963 Win User

All the installed programs on my Windows 10 desktop have forgotten me. They have no memory...

The programs open, but they act brand new. Also, the Folder Quick Access and This PC go to blank folders. How do I get my computer back to my USER version? Thanks!

:)

S A 1963, Jun 9, 2021

2. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Jun 9, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 9, 2021
  4. All the installed programs on my Windows 10 desktop have forgotten me. They have no memory...

Windows 10 installing progs

You did an upgrade.

eidairaman1, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

All the installed programs on my Windows 10 desktop have forgotten me. They have no memory...

1. All the installed programs on my Windows 10 desktop have forgotten me. They have no memory... - Similar Threads - installed programs desktop

2. Need help accessing my desktop but I have forgotten password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help accessing my desktop but I have forgotten password: Hi,So I have a refurnished HP Compaq Elite 8300 desktop which runs on Windows 10 Pro. I had changed the password some time ago and now have forgotten it. When I select the password reset, it says - This feature requires removable media, such as USB flash drive. Please connect...
  3. Need help accessing my desktop but I have forgotten password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help accessing my desktop but I have forgotten password: Hi,So I have a refurnished HP Compaq Elite 8300 desktop which runs on Windows 10 Pro. I had changed the password some time ago and now have forgotten it. When I select the password reset, it says - This feature requires removable media, such as USB flash drive. Please connect...
  4. I have forgotten my password and PIN for my Windows 10 logon, and cannot access my desktop.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I have forgotten my password and PIN for my Windows 10 logon, and cannot access my desktop.: I have forgotten my password and PIN for my Windows 10 logon, and cannot access my desktop. Suggestions have been to type commands in the Command Prompt screen, but I cannot do that. There is nowhere to type a command. When I click on the Command Prompt button in...
  5. I have forgotten my password and PIN for my Windows 10 logon, and cannot access my desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have forgotten my password and PIN for my Windows 10 logon, and cannot access my desktop.: I have forgotten my password and PIN for my Windows 10 logon, and cannot access my desktop. Suggestions have been to type commands in the Command Prompt screen, but I cannot do that. There is nowhere to type a command. When I click on the Command Prompt button in...
  6. I have forgotten my password and PIN for my Windows 10 logon, and cannot access my desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I have forgotten the Windows password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have forgotten the Windows password: I have forgotten the Windows password local account, And I am currently accessing Windows using a PIN CODE. Is there a way to recover the password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-the-windows-password/d8c5663e-3a72-425e-8ed9-3729beb73964
  8. All the folders on my desktop have disappeared?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All the folders on my desktop have disappeared?: So earlier I was trying to move my desktop folder to my D:/ because it has more space on it than my c:/ but when I did that, all the folders disappeared. I switched it back to C and it's quite obvious that they haven't been deleted because the files in those folders add up...
  9. Locked out of Windows 10 and have forgotten my password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locked out of Windows 10 and have forgotten my password: Hi everyone, Urgent help needed please Yesterday my system crashed and I had to turn it off and then back on again. But it has been so long since I entered my password, that I have forgotten it. Is there any way of bypassing it so that I can get to User Accounts to...
  10. Have access to Windows but have forgotten password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Have access to Windows but have forgotten password: I used netplwiz to enable logging on to Windows without a password. This was before I upgraded to Windows 10. Now I am up to date with latest updates but don't think I used my Microsoft hotmail account password to log in. I know my hotmail password and have a PIN. If I use...