Windows 10: All the new features of Microsoft’s Windows 10 X

Discus and support All the new features of Microsoft’s Windows 10 X in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 X is a new edition of Windows 10 designed for dual-screen devices and it’s also coming to traditional laptops at some point. Windows 10 X... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 31, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

All the new features of Microsoft’s Windows 10 X

Windows 10 X is a new edition of Windows 10 designed for dual-screen devices and it’s also coming to traditional laptops at some point. Windows 10 X will come with a number of exclusives features and it will also offer a customized interface for all core components of Microsoft’s desktop OS.

Although Microsoft is planning to bring Windows 10 X to traditional laptop form factors, there won’t be an official way of installing the OS on an existing Windows 10 device. The software giant isn’t planning to provide it in ISO format, but it’ll be possible through third-party tools.

With Windows 10 X, Microsoft is scrapping Live Tiles, the large icons with interactive information from the Windows Phone days. The new OS comes in a more simplified look and it has icons, and Microsoft is calling it ‘Launcher’.

The Launcher has icon-based apps and websites, and a search bar.

What’s new in Windows 10 X

Here’s everything new and improved in Windows 10 X.

Gestures

Like Windows 8, Windows 10 X will also have gestures. For example, you’ll be able to swipe from the right side to open Action Center and swipe from the bottom of the screen to open the Start menu.

The gestures will also work on laptops via the touchpad.

Action Center

There’s also a new Action Center in Windows 10 X and it puts more emphasis on quick actions. The Action Center expands in size when there are new notifications and it’s designed in such a way that you can quickly find the setting toggle without opening the settings app.

All the new features of Microsoft’s Windows 10 X Action-Center-on-10X.jpg

Microsoft has also added brightness and volume sliders. You can also view the battery percentage and as well as access the power options.

Compose mode

All the new features of Microsoft’s Windows 10 X Surface-Neo-wonderbar.jpg

As you can see in the above screenshot of Action Center, there’s a new quick action called ‘Compose mode’.

The Compose Mode allows you to switch taskbar to a more traditional taskbar. On Surface Neo-like devices, it enables productivity-friendly experience and allows users to use the keyboard accessory, touchpad and emoji panel.

Set up experience

Windows 10 X also offers a new set up experience with a modern look and feel. Like Android and other mobile OSes, the 10X will also walk you through the device setup and help you select the correct sign-in, language, regions, update, privacy and other settings.

Microsoft has finally removed Cortana from the new set up experience.

Dynamic wallpaper

All the new features of Microsoft’s Windows 10 X Mojave-desktop.jpg

Windows 10 X also comes with dynamic wallpapers support and it would change content depending on your device’s time or your geolocation.

For example, Microsoft plans to offer a mountain-view wallpaper and it would change its content during sunrise, afternoon, sunset, and night.

Apps

The following apps will be pre-installed on Windows 10 X:

• Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Store.
    • Mail & Calendar.
    • Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
    • Groove Music and Movies app.
    • Microsoft Teams, Whiteboard, To-Do, Microsoft Photos.
    • Sticky Notes, MS Paint, People, Notepad.
    • Spotify, Netflix.
    • Windows Camera, Windows Calculator, Alarms & Clock, Voice Recorder.
    • Weather, Solitaire.
    • Notepad.
    • 4 OEM apps.
    Lockscreen

All the new features of Microsoft’s Windows 10 X Windows-10X-Lockscreen.jpg

Microsoft is updating the lockscreen with a new model that brings up the lockscreen with authentication options. You no longer need to dismiss the lock before authentication.

By default, new lockscreen lets you log in via Windows Hello facial recognition, PIN or password.

Taskbar

All the new features of Microsoft’s Windows 10 X Windows-10X-taskbar.jpg

The OS will be adaptable to the device it’s being used on, which means there be a traditional taskbar interface on laptops and touch-friendly interface on foldable devices.

You’ll be able to have a left-aligned taskbar on a traditional laptop and center-aligned on a dual-screen device.

Microsoft will also let you change the position of taskbar icons on all devices.

Windows 10 X release date

Windows 10 X will be released in the holidays 2020 and the operating system will be finalized alongside 20H2 in October/November 2020.

The post All the new features of Microsoft’s Windows 10 X appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 31, 2020

2. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Jan 31, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft testing blue light reduction feature for Windows 10

"Microsoft is slowly revealing new features in its next major update to Windows 10, and it appears blue light reduction feature might be a future addition. The software giant released a new build of Windows 10 testers yesterday with very few visible additions, but Windows enthusiasts have already started picking it apart for clues on new features. Twitter user "Core"has discovered references to a "BlueLightReduction" setting deep within the next major update to Windows 10 (codenamed Redstone 2). It appears to be a setting that will be toggled from the Action Center (notification center) in the operating system.

F.lux has been the most popular option for Windows users looking to reduce blue light in the evenings, but Microsoft's own native toggle will bring this feature to every Windows 10 user. Apple has also integrated a similar feature in iOS 9, but it hasn't announced any plans to bring blue light reduction to Mac OS yet. Microsoft only appears to be testing the feature right now, so there's no guarantee it will ship in the update due early next year. If Microsoft does implement it fully then it will presumably be available on the mobile version of Windows 10, too.
    "

Microsoft testing blue light reduction feature for Windows 10

P4-630, Jan 31, 2020
  4. All the new features of Microsoft’s Windows 10 X

Microsoft Steps Up Windows 10 Push with New Redstone Features

Microsoft Steps Up Windows 10 Push with New Redstone Features
    Partners encouraged to build devices that use Windows Ink

All the new features of Microsoft’s Windows 10 X [​IMG]

Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/micro...medium=twitter

Cluster Head, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

All the new features of Microsoft’s Windows 10 X

1. All the new features of Microsoft’s Windows 10 X - Similar Threads - features Microsoft’s

2. Windows 10’s new feature wants you to create a Microsoft account; ditch local accounts

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s new feature wants you to create a Microsoft account; ditch local accounts: If you’ve successfully set up your PC with a local account, a new Windows 10 feature will nag you to create a Microsoft account. This feature will be turned on by default in Windows 10’s May 2024 Patch Tuesday, which will begin rolling out to the general public and IT admins...
  3. Microsoft Family Features Pop Up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Features Pop Up: Every couple days, sometimes multiple times a day, this family features window keeps popping up. I have linked my account with a family members account to be able to use office 360 and share documents. I have tried logging in and out of both the parents and kids accounts and...
  4. please stop microsoft family feature

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    please stop microsoft family feature: please stop microsoft family feature https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-stop-microsoft-family-feature/2ae58cb5-0648-4518-abde-bfd217e8b173
  5. HELP ME I CANT GET RID OF MICROSOFT FAMILY FEATURES. THE POP-UPS ARE DRIVING ME INSANE! I...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    HELP ME I CANT GET RID OF MICROSOFT FAMILY FEATURES. THE POP-UPS ARE DRIVING ME INSANE! I...: I'm going insane https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-i-cant-get-rid-of-microsoft-family/107d572c-f839-49e6-b63e-107db22fd316
  6. Microsoft is adding MSN features to Windows 10 lock screen

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is adding MSN features to Windows 10 lock screen: Windows 10 was supposed to be on the back burner after Microsoft shifted its focus to Windows 11, but that doesn’t appear to be the case anymore. In the past few months, Windows 10 has received several new features. Today, Microsoft is adding MSN cards to the lock screen....
  7. No Microsoft account features work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Microsoft account features work: Hi, I am having trouble with every app that uses my Microsoft account, across multiple computers using Windows 10. My windows update no longer functions, the Windows Store doesn't open past the loading screen, I can't sign into the Get Help app, add any users to my computer,...
  8. No Microsoft account features work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Microsoft account features work: Hi, I am having trouble with every app that uses my Microsoft account, across multiple computers using Windows 10. My windows update no longer functions, the Windows Store doesn't open past the loading screen, I can't sign into the Get Help app, add any users to my computer,...
  9. No Microsoft account features work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Microsoft safety features - unknown associated email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft safety features - unknown associated email: Hi, I have an issue while signing in Microsoft safety features on PC Windows 10. It doesn't recognize correct Microsoft password and for recovery shows unknown associated email. Please advise, how to fix it....