Windows 10: all the other apps except chrome is not opening

Discus and support all the other apps except chrome is not opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have recently been experiencing te problem that all the other apps except chrome is not opening. Please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lasya#Shastri, May 26, 2020.

1. all the other apps except chrome is not opening

I have recently been experiencing te problem that all the other apps except chrome is not opening. Please help

:)

Lasya#Shastri, May 26, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. all the other apps except chrome is not opening :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 26, 2020
  3. Dave____J Win User
    chrome will not open

IK reinstalled the KB and a Silverlight update, no luck. I tried to remove chrome , again, using the suggested tool. Chrome was not on the list, I selected not listed. It wanted the product code. A quick internet search did not find it. I removed chrome
    using the add and remove programs.,reinstalled chrome and ran the clean up tool, no malware. chrome now opens.. I have signed in and it is working. The second removal worked. thx

Dave____J, May 26, 2020
  4. all the other apps except chrome is not opening

Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 26, 2020
Thema:

all the other apps except chrome is not opening

1. all the other apps except chrome is not opening - Similar Threads - apps except chrome

2. unable to open chrome except for a small window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to open chrome except for a small window: When I click on the Google Chrome icon at the bottom of the screen, just a small window opens. I have tried a few suggestions in order to get my usual big screen, but nothing has worked so far.I tried expanding the small screen with arrows on the corner but it won't work with...
  3. unable to open chrome except for a small window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to open chrome except for a small window: When I click on the Google Chrome icon at the bottom of the screen, just a small window opens. I have tried a few suggestions in order to get my usual big screen, but nothing has worked so far.I tried expanding the small screen with arrows on the corner but it won't work with...
  4. unable to open chrome except for a small window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Sound was lost in apps except of chrome

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound was lost in apps except of chrome: Hi, In windows 10, I have lost audio in all apps and web sources including the sound made when changing the volume threshold except chrome. Any web site that supports audio/video in chrome seems unaffected. The same sites in other browsers do not play sound plus any player...
  6. Chrome and all other apps crash as soon as they open

Chrome and all other apps crash as soon as they open: I just got a new computer for black Friday and I tried to install chrome and it opened just for a few seconds the first time then after that. I can see the app open then it closes before the window is even fully loaded less than half a second. I tried with other apps too...
  7. ALL apps open on third usb monitor except for firefox

ALL apps open on third usb monitor except for firefox: ANY and I do mean ANY no matter from where they might be opened from - except Firefox and Microsoft teams application that is opened will for a brief moment appear on what would have been the correct monitor from which they were last opened BUT after that brief flicker ALL...
  8. error with chrome unnistalling or in open the chrome app

error with chrome unnistalling or in open the chrome app: error with chrome unnistalling or in open the chrome app it is not unninstalling or opening[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-with-chrome-unnistalling-or-in-open-the/1f9351d7-7077-4832-80b9-a3199645a9eb
  9. Photos will not open in photo app but will in all other apps - already JPEG

Photos will not open in photo app but will in all other apps - already JPEG: Photos will not open in photo app but will in all other apps - already in JPEG form. I can even attach to emails but the regular photo viewer will not open them it says file location can not be found....but every other application can locate them just fine. This occurs on...
  10. Cannot click other apps from taskbar when Chrome is open

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot click other apps from taskbar when Chrome is open: Hi, I'm having a really annoying problem since I updated to Windows 10. When Google Chrome is open and when thats the app I'm using, I can't click other open apps from my taskbar. Like for example if I have Word open as well, I can't switch to Word just by clicking on to...