Windows 10: All the PC sounds disappear when I call someone on Discord or open any voice comms

Discus and support All the PC sounds disappear when I call someone on Discord or open any voice comms in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I know there have been a similar thread but still, when i connect my Bluetooth device it works fine untill I try to use a call program like Discord... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexeySuldin, Oct 15, 2020.

1. All the PC sounds disappear when I call someone on Discord or open any voice comms

I know there have been a similar thread but still, when i connect my Bluetooth device it works fine untill I try to use a call program like Discord google duo or any other voice app. then all the sound stops exept for the one in voice program. I know it not hardware because my Girlfriend have the same problem and it was working fine before I reinstalled windows on her laptop, I have all drivers up to date. I am going crazy!

:)

AlexeySuldin, Oct 15, 2020
  2. Louie_101 Win User

discord on PC slow?

Hi there! I am Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.

You may try some solutions below that might help fix the problem:

Solution 1: Close Unnecessary Programs

It’s common to see Discord lagging if you’re running multiple programs on your PC, because some of them may conflict with Discord. To solve the problem, you can try ending unnecessary programs.

You just need to press Shift + Ctrl + Esc to open Task Manager. Then right-click the program you don’t use currently and select End task to close it. After you close all the unnecessary applications which run with Discord at the same time, you can check if
    your Discord works fine.

Solution 2: Turn Off Hardware Acceleration

Another way to fix Discord lagging issue is turning off Hardware Acceleration. You can follow the steps below.

Step 1: Run Discord and go to Settings.

Step 2: Click Appearance from the left pane and toggle off the switch button of Hardware Acceleration.

Step 3: In the pop-up window, click Okay to confirm the operation. Then restart your Discord to see if Discord lagging issue is fixed.

Solution 3: Clear Discord Cache Files

If too many cache files and cookies are accumulated on the PC, Discord lagging issue might appear. In this case, you need to clear Discord cache files.

Step 1: Exit Discord.

Step 2: Press Win + R to invoke Run window. Then input %APPDATA%/Discord/Cache and click OK to open the cache folder in File Explorer.

Step 3: Now press Ctrl + A to select all files in the window. Then press Delete key to delete them.

Then you can relaunch Discord and check if the problem has been solved.

Solution 4: Reset Discord Voice Settings

Improper voice settings could also lead to Discord lagging issue. If you have changed any settings recently, you may need to reset them to default.

Just open Discord and go to Settings. Then select Voice & Video from the left pane and click Reset Voice Settings in the right pane. Click Okay in the pop-up window. After the operation, you can relaunch Discord and see if it works normally.

Solution 5: Update Your Drivers

If your Discord gets lagging, you can also try update your graphics driver or audio driver to fix the problem. Because the issue might appear when you’re using faulty or corrupted drivers.

Step 1: Open Run window and type devmgmt.msc in the dialog box. Then press Enter to access Device Manager.

Step 2: Double-click Audio inputs and outputs to expand the list. Then right-click your audio driver and select Update driver.

Tip: To update graphics driver, you need to double-click Display adapters, right-click your graphic driver and choose Update driver.

Step 3: In the pop-up window, choose Search automatically for updated driver software and follow the instructions to finish the process.

Then restart your computer and use Discord again to see if this solution works.

Solution 6: Reinstall Discord

If none of the solutions above works for you, you may need to reinstall Discord to fix Discord lagging issue. Let’s uninstall the program first.

Step 1: Go to Control Panel.

Step 2: Select View by: Category and then click Uninstall a program.

Step 3: Right-click Discord and select Uninstall.

Step 4: Follow the instructions to finish uninstalling Discord.

Then you can download and install Discord manually. After it is installed, launch it to see if the issue has been removed.

Hope this helps

Sincerely,

Louie

Louie_101, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Discord Voice App: Is It Safe?

I know it's possible to join a Discord group by using a URL and do voice chat this way, but this bring more security risks at all compared to installing the Discord app for Windows 10?

NiceAndShy, Oct 15, 2020
  4. gdallsk Win User

All the PC sounds disappear when I call someone on Discord or open any voice comms

Steelseries Arctis 7 Headphones I am not getting any sound when playing games

You should have the 'Game' one as your main sound device, the 'Chat' one is usually used in the voice comm apps such as Discord or Teamspeak to single out devices for either streaming, separate volume control, or recording.

gdallsk, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

All the PC sounds disappear when I call someone on Discord or open any voice comms

1. All the PC sounds disappear when I call someone on Discord or open any voice comms - Similar Threads - sounds disappear call

2. When I am in a Discord vc or whatsapp call All other apps doesn't give any sound.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I am in a Discord vc or whatsapp call All other apps doesn't give any sound.: I am having a Problem When I am in a Discord vc or whatsapp call All other apps like yt or Spotify doesn't give any sound. I have already done the communication setting to "Do nothing" option, I have reset the discord setting too & Tried most of the settings changes from...
  3. When I am in a Discord vc or normal call All other apps doesn't give any sound.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I am in a Discord vc or normal call All other apps doesn't give any sound.: I am having a Problem When I am in a Discord vc or normal call All other apps like yt or Spotify doesn't give any sound. I have already done the communication setting to "Do nothing" option, I have reset the discord setting too & Tried most of the settings changes from...
  4. When I am in a Discord vc or normal call All other apps doesn't give any sound.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I am in a Discord vc or normal call All other apps doesn't give any sound.: I am having a Problem When I am in a Discord vc or normal call All other apps like yt or Spotify doesn't give any sound. I have already done the communication setting to "Do nothing" option, I have reset the discord setting too & Tried most of the settings changes from...
  5. When I am in a Discord vc or normal call All other apps doesn't give any sound.

6. Sound problems whenever I join voice calls like google meet or discord

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problems whenever I join voice calls like google meet or discord: I have an Asus Vivobook 14 laptop. Ever since I got it, whenever I join voice calls like google meet and discord, and any of the other audio playing from music or youtube, it starts crackling and sometimes it doesn't even have audio. It doesn't stop until I leave the voice...
  7. Sound problems whenever I join voice calls like google meet or discord

Sound problems whenever I join voice calls like google meet or discord: I have an Asus Vivobook 14 laptop. Ever since I got it, whenever I join voice calls like google meet and discord, the other audio playing from music or youtube, it starts crackling and sometimes it doesn't even have audio. It doesn't stop until I leave the voice call. It...
  8. help whenever i am in a call in discord it mutes all other sound whenever someone else...

help whenever i am in a call in discord it mutes all other sound whenever someone else...: whenever i am in a call and when i talk or someone else talks it cuts all audio off except the application im using to call what do i do help...
  9. help whenever i am in a call in discord it mutes all other sound whenever someone else...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help whenever i am in a call in discord it mutes all other sound whenever someone else...: whenever i am in a call and when i talk or someone else talks it cuts all audio off except the application im using to call what do i do help...
  10. All the PC sounds disappear when I call someone on Discord or open any voice comms

All the PC sounds disappear when I call someone on Discord or open any voice comms: Hi, So I have a Bluetooth Headphone as well as a Bluetooth Speaker. They seem to work fine, I am able to hear sounds with no issue. But when I join any voice comms discord voice channel for example, the rest of the sound coming from my PC goes away and I am only able to...