Windows 10: All the programs in my Start Menu are just gone.

Discus and support All the programs in my Start Menu are just gone. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, this happened a couple of weeks ago, and me being the most unobservant person on Earth, I didn't notice that half my icons were missing from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Roxina1000, Mar 13, 2019.

1. All the programs in my Start Menu are just gone.

So, this happened a couple of weeks ago, and me being the most unobservant person on Earth, I didn't notice that half my icons were missing from my taskbar until yesterday. Most of the remaining icons don't work when clicked (they specify a missing shortcut), and when I went into my start menu>programs folder to check, almost all of the programs in there are suddenly missing shortcuts/are just not there. I believe this happened before not the most recent Win10 update, but the one before that. I just don't understand where it could have all gone. I've lost a lot of programs and it's messed up the liscencing for a couple of them as well, so any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I have no idea what could have caused this to happen as I'm very careful with my downloads and McAfee hasn't reported any viruses or malware.

:)

Roxina1000, Mar 13, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs"

RE: WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 32bit, Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs" list.

I have several "start menu" programs missing in my "all programs" list. One of the missing entries is the "accessories" folder and all related files.

As far as I can tell all of the missing files are on the system and they can be found by using the "start menu search" facility. This problem is occurring with other users but I can not find a solution which works to get things back the way they were after installing the OS.

I am seeing the missing apps and other items at this location in iexplore.exe %allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs .

Everything I have tried to get these items back into my "start menu" "all programs" list has been met with failure except creating a shortcut. A shortcut is not the real fix as it leaves two entries in the folder.

When I right click on the highlighted "all Programs" box, in the start menu, a small options list pops up, if "open all users" is selected a new window pops up. Inside that window I can click on the programs folder where I can see the missing entries that should appear on my "all programs" list plus those which I presently see on my "all programs" list together in a single directory listing.

How can I get the above directory list of programs back into the "start menu" "all programs" area so I do not have to go through this extra window and select the programs folder to locate what I wish to run?

I also noticed my accessories folder has a lock on it while I am in the primary user administrator account. If you know how to get rid of the lock it would be helpful however I can find that information when I get a chance to look up the answer?

I noticed some hidden (first tier) folders on the C: drive which I made visible while leaving protection on the OS folders. I can now see these folders in an iexplore.exe directory listing. This did not fix the problem in the "all programs" file selection list and I do not remember if this folder was hidden when the OS was installed.

When I opened up the system to allow a login directly into the Administrator account everything shows up the same as it did when the OS installed along with all other programs installed afterward.

After some progress I am still here *Bang Head :banghead: and slowly getting closer to an answer. Can anyone help me get there a little faster?

N9ZN-Extra, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Mr Ed Win User

All the programs in my Start Menu are just gone.

Removing unused programs from start menu

Thanks, guys. It worked. I deleted the files in the folder as you suggested and now those apps are gone from the start list. All the programs in my Start Menu are just gone. :)

Mr Ed, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

All the programs in my Start Menu are just gone.

1. All the programs in my Start Menu are just gone. - Similar Threads - programs Start Menu

2. My start menu programs are gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My start menu programs are gone: All my Start menu programs have disappeared and the menu has apparently reconfigured itself to only a few basic programs like Notepad, File Explorer, This PC etc. All other programs and third party programs I've installed are not displayed. The entire Start menu now extends...
  3. start menu not there, all passwords and browser settings gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu not there, all passwords and browser settings gone: I woke up two days ago and nothing is here. Start menu is gone, not responding, files gone, passwords gone. How can i go back 3 days? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-not-there-all-passwords-and-browser/7b7d5aef-9b4e-492a-9be7-a81a3796c703
  4. start menu not there, all passwords and browser settings gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start menu not there, all passwords and browser settings gone: I woke up two days ago and nothing is here. Start menu is gone, not responding, files gone, passwords gone. How can i go back 3 days? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-not-there-all-passwords-and-browser/7b7d5aef-9b4e-492a-9be7-a81a3796c703
  5. All of my files and programs are gone!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All of my files and programs are gone!: I turned on my windows 10 computer after a power outage andwhen it restarted it was Windows 7; all of my files and programs aregone. What happened? How can I get Windows 10 and my stuff back? Isit hidden on a partition of my hard drive? How do I access it?...
  6. Start menu gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu gone: After upgrading it appears that my Start Menu is no longer displaying. Any ideas on how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-gone/a2f9827e-679b-4bd8-9122-1e4ed74e59d4
  7. Start menu gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu gone: Two of our Windows 10 computers have suddenly lost their start menus, and now Word documents can't be opened. What to do? Sandy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-gone/4f701a57-d981-4243-8e01-5874ecfd005e
  8. Start menu is gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu is gone: Since last update, my start menu is gone and none of my taskbar shortcuts are working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/start-menu-is-gone/e3195ce7-f566-4e68-8a19-332a23948909
  9. Start Button/Start Menu/All Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button/Start Menu/All Programs: Customization of the Start Menu (no tiles please) equals speed! As you can see I am using the classic theme in Windows 7. We professionals and powers users can customize the Start Menu in such a way that we can access the most important areas, features, commands etc. of...
  10. Start menu icons gone for some programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu icons gone for some programs: yo! All of a sudden the battle.net, chrome and evernote lost it's icons but they still work. how, why? 38027