Windows 10: All the videos that are on my hard drive play with a dark tint

Discus and support All the videos that are on my hard drive play with a dark tint in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All the videos that are on my hard drive play with a dark tint and i have no idea how to fix it or what did it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ZionPerri, Jan 19, 2019.

1. ZionPerri Win User

All the videos that are on my hard drive play with a dark tint

All the videos that are on my hard drive play with a dark tint and i have no idea how to fix it or what did it

:)

ZionPerri, Jan 19, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Unable to play video from external hard drive Error 0x80004005

HI Josep,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Are you able to watch videos which are stored in computer and online?
    • Are you able to view photos and documents etc. from hard drive?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Follow the steps and check if that helps.

• Type Troubleshooting on Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Click on View all and click on Video playback.
    • Click on Advance and check Apply repairs automatically.
    • Follow on-screen instructions.
    By running this troubleshooter it will find and fix issue with playing movies, television and video. Do let us know if you are able to play videos from external hard drive. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jan 19, 2019
  4. st4lk3r Win User

n8 display problem while playing video

The problem while playing videos with dark scenes (example Tron trailer) it's from the purple tint issue that's affecting some N8 display. It's the analog clock screensaver half purple/red, half black when you hit the menu button? If it is then your display
    is affected by red/purple tint issue. My N8 also has the same problem.

st4lk3r, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

1. All the videos that are on my hard drive play with a dark tint - Similar Threads - videos are hard

2. Run as Administrator not showing Dark Tint Background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run as Administrator not showing Dark Tint Background: When an app is asking for Admin Access, it would show a prompt and then a dark tint background. It would also remove anything on your screen and show only your desktop Background,Not much of an issue for anyoneBut I'm used to the dark tintDoes anyone know how to bring it...
  3. Run as Administrator not showing Dark Tint Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run as Administrator not showing Dark Tint Background: When an app is asking for Admin Access, it would show a prompt and then a dark tint background. It would also remove anything on your screen and show only your desktop Background,Not much of an issue for anyoneBut I'm used to the dark tintDoes anyone know how to bring it...
  4. Why is my screen dark and tinted orange?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my screen dark and tinted orange?: I just updated to Win11 recently. I scheduled Night Light to come on, but it was too dark and too much red. I turned it off, and it's still not right. I've gone through everything I can think of in Personalization and Display. It looks like there is a filter permanently over...
  5. Why is my screen dark and tinted orange?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my screen dark and tinted orange?: I just updated to Win11 recently. I scheduled Night Light to come on, but it was too dark and too much red. I turned it off, and it's still not right. I've gone through everything I can think of in Personalization and Display. It looks like there is a filter permanently over...
  6. Why does Windows 10 play videos with a green tint?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does Windows 10 play videos with a green tint?: [ATTACH] Please help I've been trying to fix this issue since I upgraded my pc in January. Green hue: https://preview.redd.it/5c6xa9pgpel61.png?width=1600&format=png&auto=webp&s=663a9c9025ada6f0477799f693b1ffd37a533bff submitted by /u/busterbxxx [link] [comments]...
  7. My Videos on web are purple and green tint

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Videos on web are purple and green tint: The issue is persistent. I tried these tips and they help temporarily but did not help for the long run. The issues happen only when the video played above 1080p and above. I have Benq, a 4K monitor. [IMG] I have Radeon Rx 580 and AMD Ryzen 7 3700X and 32GB RAM. I use...
  8. Cant play MP4 videos from my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant play MP4 videos from my external hard drive: Hi Can anyone help me with this, I down loaded a heap of MP4 clips from my Go Pro to my lap top & to save space I then copied them to my 2TB external hard drive. Every video only plays for 1 second & then stops. I tried copying them back to the computer desktop & still have...
  9. Dark screen when playing video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dark screen when playing video: I have an issue with playing any type of video, both stored in the computer and streamed from the internet or Netflix. The colors of the screen are changing and I see everything in grayish tint. But I perfectly see a cursor, a toolbar, search bar etc. I use Toshiba with...
  10. Not all Videos Play on Facebook

in Browsers and Email
    Not all Videos Play on Facebook: Upgraded a Windows 7 desktop to Windows 10, now many videos do not play. The screen is green but the sound plays. Any suggestions? It seems to be on Facebook only. 15093