Windows 10: all these files just showed up on my e: drive (windows is installed on my c: drive) is it...

Discus and support all these files just showed up on my e: drive (windows is installed on my c: drive) is it... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sea_For [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l1o9yy/all_these_files_just_showed_up_on_my_e_drive/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sea_For, Jan 20, 2021.

1. all these files just showed up on my e: drive (windows is installed on my c: drive) is it...

/u/Sea_For, Jan 20, 2021

2. My data folders (Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, etc) are on DRIVE E: not Drive C:

I THINK the programs are looking in the wrong place.

All my Programs are stored on Drive C:

Drive D: is my Recovery Image

Drive E: is where all my Data files were stored (Documents-Pictures-Videos, etc).

Drive F: has: Clipart-Document Themes 14-Media-MSOCache-Office 14 - Stationery - and Templates.

Hewlett Packard set my computer system up.

Before I did what you suggested above about MOVING files - I had only one listing for Drive Eall these files just showed up on my e: drive (windows is installed on my c: drive) is it... :(DATADRIVE1-Docs-Pics-Video-Music). Now Drive E: shows up listed under THIS PC as E:\ (and it contains ALL my data - docs-Pics-Video-Music)). All these data
    folders also show up listed under THIS PC in the DOCUMENT folder; AND, all the datat folders also show up in DATADRIVE1-Docs-Pixs-Music-Video!!!! Whatever happened when I moved the files caused them to appear in several places!

I don't think the programs know where to find anything!!!! DUD!

I also have 4 external Western Digital hard drives (but I don't have all of them plugged in simultaneously). My problem with the external hard drives is that now Windows does recognize my 6 TB one - I know it is working because the little light is on and
    blinking....the drive just does not show up in File Explorer.

Do you have any suggestions?

PattiCampbell, Jan 20, 2021
  3. File Explorer show 2 drive location for sandisk drive

I have the HD and it is labeled c:

I have a scandsk removable card labeled e:

under disc manager they show up as just that c: and e: It is in the file explorer that there is an issue. What makes it more than an eye sore, the act as different drives. the one listed like the c: drive has one set of information and the other that
    is listed under surface(computer) e: has different data. This comes from my saving files and not knowing there were 2 different e: drives available.

kristiheckman, Jan 20, 2021
  4. all these files just showed up on my e: drive (windows is installed on my c: drive) is it...

My data folders (Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, etc) are on DRIVE E: not Drive C:

Patti,

Let me start by saying the above information would have been very useful at the start. Let me see if I can recap your original issue first...

Before Windows 10 Upgrade:

Your computer was configured (before the Win10 upgrade) to used drive (Eall these files just showed up on my e: drive (windows is installed on my c: drive) is it... :) as your DEFAULT storage location for DOCUMENTS, PICTURES, MUSIC etc. I assume there were sub-folders for each.

After Windows 10 Upgrade:

After the upgrade, your DEFAULT storage locations were re-set to drive C:. This had the side affect of you seeing 'Documents' in the quick access list which did not point to your 'Documents' folder on drive E:.

What you wanted:

You wanted the 'Documents' and other data folders that showed up in the Quick Access list to point to your original files on drive E:. You also assumed that all new documents would be created in the Documents folder on drive E:.

Drive E: is your data drive because that is where you have space and you want to continue using that drive.

In the above description I used 'Documents' but that would apply to all of your 'data' folders such as Music, Video, Pictures etc.

If I have this right, please let me know.

FunSideOfSteve, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

all these files just showed up on my e: drive (windows is installed on my c: drive) is it...

1. all these files just showed up on my e: drive (windows is installed on my c: drive) is it... - Similar Threads - files showed drive

2. all drives except C are not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all drives except C are not showing up: Disks other than C are not showing up on the files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-drives-except-c-are-not-showing-up/59c367f1-a5d2-4d8d-ac03-c524a7f53d46
  3. all drives except C are not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    all drives except C are not showing up: Disks other than C are not showing up on the files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-drives-except-c-are-not-showing-up/59c367f1-a5d2-4d8d-ac03-c524a7f53d46
  4. Copy file in Drive C to disc in Drive E.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy file in Drive C to disc in Drive E.: I have a new CD-R disc that I put in Drive E on my PC with Windows 10. I want to copy an existing file from Drive C to that disc. That did not work but I received a message that, "Windows was unable to complete the format." What can I do now to fix the problem?...
  5. Copy file in Drive C to disc in Drive E.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy file in Drive C to disc in Drive E.: I have a new CD-R disc that I put in Drive E on my PC with Windows 10. I want to copy an existing file from Drive C to that disc. That did not work but I received a message that, "Windows was unable to complete the format." What can I do now to fix the problem?...
  6. Copy file in Drive C to disc in Drive E.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. A file Calls "Dumpstack" Shows up on My C:/ drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A file Calls "Dumpstack" Shows up on My C:/ drive: Hello,I would Like to know what is going on on My Computer. I have just found this File calls Dumpstack on My C drive and it seems like It has already X dumped my memory somehowThis is what is inside DLOGFILE00010000DUMP&$ Dump stack initialized at UTC: 2021/11/03 02:10:46,...
  8. My C Drive System Drive is Filling Up For Just No Reason

My C Drive System Drive is Filling Up For Just No Reason: My System Drive is Filling Up For No Reason at The Rate of 2gb per day.I Am Not Downloading any apps or saving any Files. I Deleted All Unnecessary Apps and Still The C Drive is Filling Up For Apparently no Reason.Thanks For Any Help...
  9. I cloned my C: drive to my E: drive and i want to Format My C: drive

I cloned my C: drive to my E: drive and i want to Format My C: drive: [ATTACH] I have already prioritized my PC to boot from my E: drive which has a copy of my windows 10. I used Samsung's Data Migration tool since both my C: and E: are both from Samsung to avoid any hiccups or discrepancies. I'm worried that formatting my C: drive may mess...
  10. See all my e-mail folders in C Drive?

See all my e-mail folders in C Drive?: Windows 10, is there a way I could see all my folders that I have in my Mozilla and Hotmail account, in the C: Drive? I used to see them way back with Windows but now I cannot figure it out. I have many folders in my email accounts that I save all the folders every year and...