Windows 10: All Tiles / Apps Missing

Discus and support All Tiles / Apps Missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a cheap little RCA notebook and i accidentaly turned off the GUI. so i have no start tiles, no message board, no way to access BT or anything. i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BLDent, May 4, 2021.

1. BLDent Win User

All Tiles / Apps Missing

I have a cheap little RCA notebook and i accidentaly turned off the GUI. so i have no start tiles, no message board, no way to access BT or anything. i googled it but the method to turn it on doesn't work because not all options are present. Windows 10 update isnt even present.

:)

BLDent, May 4, 2021

2. Windows 10 Start Menu all apps / tiles missing

So I woke my computer up from sleep last night and this is what I was welcomed with:

All Tiles / Apps Missing [​IMG]

All of a sudden my start menu had no apps listed and no live tiles to speak of. So I did my googleing and I found this microsoft answer page: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-b988cd6da49a

I tried every step in their. After all said and done, I got installed programs to show up, but the live tiles that usually show to the right did not come back. I was ok with that, thinking I would work on this today and find a solution to that problem.

I just woke up the computer again from sleep and the start menu is blank AGAIN. Before this started happening last night, I have not installed any new software nor has windows ran any updates.

I'm at a loss. I tried system recovery and to roll back to a few days prior, but I keep getting an error after recovery is attempted stating that windows recovery wasn't able to fully complete due to a certain file (i can retry recovery and post picture of error if needed).

So any suggestions on whats my next step? I thought maybe I had a malware issue, but II have avast and malware antibytes installed and they showed no hits when the scans where run.

Any suggestions or guidance is greatly appreciated. Hope you all have a Great Turkey Day!

PS, I have to work today from 4pm to 6am, so If I do not reply right away I apologize.

Dalumberjack03, May 4, 2021
  3. zarz0rz Win User
    Windows 10 Start Menu all apps / tiles missing

Hi There,

I had the exact same problem. Showed up last night and I used the computer all day today with my blank Start Menu. Even if I tried searching for an app on the start menu, it would find it, but if I clicked on it, nothing would happen.

Then I found this post, also from this forum, and it solved the issue for me.

I didn't even know Windows TenForums, but I felt compeled to register an account just to answer you so you could solve your problem too. Hope it does.

Best regards from Portugal,

José Rodrigues

zarz0rz, May 4, 2021
  4. All Tiles / Apps Missing

Phone tile is missing from the Start Menu.

Original Title: Microsoft Lumina 640 start tile

Last Friday 10th June my Lumina 640 phone updated to the latest Windows 10.

When it restarted the phone tile had disappeared from the start menu.

When I tried to re-pin to start from the list of apps by holding down the app the "Pin to Start" function was grey suggesting that the app was already pinned.

I have unpinned all the start tiles in an effort to find the phone tile but to no avail

Please advise how I can restore the missing phone tile

StephenShacklady, May 4, 2021
Thema:

All Tiles / Apps Missing

1. All Tiles / Apps Missing - Similar Threads - Tiles Apps Missing

2. tile icon of preinstalled apps are missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    tile icon of preinstalled apps are missing: hi I have an Asus tuf laptop and I bought it in December 2020 till January mid it was normal but after that, the tile icon image of preinstalled apps are missing, I tried every possible thing I can do like I checked for updates and I did all the updates available still it was...
  3. weather tile missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    weather tile missing: my weather app works and is on start up menu on the left and in the system tray. I brushed my fingers across the tiles somehow the other day and it caused the weather tile to disappear. How did i get the TILE back in the tiles display? I'd rather not do much to fix this if...
  4. Tiles Names Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tiles Names Missing: Some of the names on my start page tiles are missing. Can I correct this? Also, one tile seems to have a sub-tile. How to make sub-tile the primary tile?...
  5. Cortana missing Live Tile and from All Apps section

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana missing Live Tile and from All Apps section: I have had this issue for a while and was wondering if anyone knows of a way to restore these. The Cortana Live Tile and Cortana entry in the All Apps section are both missing so I cannot re-add the Live Tile back. Any help on this would be appreciated. 42320
  6. App stuck as Tile, cannot add to All Apps StartMenu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App stuck as Tile, cannot add to All Apps StartMenu: Hi, I have this strange issue on my install. I added Eclipse to my system without installing it. It lives in a folder outside of Program Files and on another disk. Following online tutorials, I created a shortcut to it inside the %APPDATA% folder. This action causes the...
  7. Missing pictures in tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing pictures in tiles: How can I fix the missing tile for Google chrome. Using Win 10 home latest build [img] 99021
  8. Missing Tiles Option

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Tiles Option: I have a folder named My CD's, which has over 2600 sub folders. I want to set the View globally for all the subfolders to Tiles, but there is no option to do so in the View tab. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem. 106979
  9. Windows 10 Start Menu all apps / tiles missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu all apps / tiles missing: So I woke my computer up from sleep last night and this is what I was welcomed with: [img] All of a sudden my start menu had no apps listed and no live tiles to speak of. So I did my googleing and I found this microsoft answer page:...
  10. Missing App Tile ICONs

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing App Tile ICONs: Greetings! I'm experiencing an odd issue with my Surface Book with Performance Base where occasionally some of the Start Menu Tiles are missing their ICONs after returning from sleep. The Tile itself is still there and when triggered will successfully launch the...