Windows 10: all to do with working in w10p file explorer ...

Discus and support all to do with working in w10p file explorer ... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; whenever i want to do any work in file explorer, say with a page containing .mp3 files (excluding any programme that happens to be showing in file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mipak, Sep 26, 2020.

1. mipak Win User

all to do with working in w10p file explorer ...

whenever i want to do any work in file explorer, say with a page containing .mp3 files (excluding any programme that happens to be showing in file explorer) and want to save something, i've never been able to save any of my file explorer work.

for example, when i'm wortking with .mp3 or .mp4 files or similar extensions like adding them or moving them between their own sub-directories, most of the time they show-up on the larger of the 2 right-hand windows. across the top are name, #, contributating titles, album and these are the 4 default sub-titles.

i've manually changed all 4 to name(unchanged), length, size, type and date last saved ... i've lost count how many times i've added my manual change but i've never discovered where the save button is so it just reverts to its default each time i fire up my computer. awful to admit but i can't remember if a manual change worked in Wxp and W7 ... seem to recall it did.

if a choice is presented to the user, surely there must a choice to save the change otherwise the change becomes a joke and a bit of a waste of time.

anyway, i shall leave this problem with others far more eduacated in computer matters than i.

any help or ideas would be very much appreciated.
    thanks ... michael.

build ref:
    190318362.116May 2019 Update

:)

mipak, Sep 26, 2020

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Sep 26, 2020
  4. all to do with working in w10p file explorer ...

File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

all to do with working in w10p file explorer ...

1. all to do with working in w10p file explorer ... - Similar Threads - working w10p file

2. File Explorer Not Opening At All!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Not Opening At All!: I have a HP victus with 32GB of ram and 1tb Nmve. I don't what happened the File Explorer Not Opening At All! Its Windows 11. Since I'm using Win 11 i am facing this issue I have tried all the methods. cmd, clearing, and reseting. but it's not working.I have ton of work to do...
  3. File Explorer Not Opening At All!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Not Opening At All!: I have a HP victus with 32GB of ram and 1tb Nmve. I don't what happened the File Explorer Not Opening At All! Its Windows 11. Since I'm using Win 11 i am facing this issue I have tried all the methods. cmd, clearing, and reseting. but it's not working.I have ton of work to do...
  4. No "All Files" option in Explorer??

No "All Files" option in Explorer??: 1 Have a Folder "EULAs"2 Wanted to drop related screen-capture* into a sub-Folder3 Unable to see any sub-folders - because they only contain doc files? Whose clever idea removing option to see "All Files" in Explorer?* using SnippingTool...
  5. Why Tabs do not work in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Tabs do not work in file explorer.: I cannot get tabs to show in explorer. I am on the latest version of windows. I've tried vive I've run scannow, stopped and started loads of services. Basaically, I have followed every suggestion that I can find. Windows update says I am up to date. I've tried to manually run...
  6. Why Tabs do not work in file explorer.

Why Tabs do not work in file explorer.: I cannot get tabs to show in explorer. I am on the latest version of windows. I've tried vive I've run scannow, stopped and started loads of services. Basaically, I have followed every suggestion that I can find. Windows update says I am up to date. I've tried to manually run...
  7. File Explorer is working slow now or not at all

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer is working slow now or not at all: I don't know what is going on with Windows 10 but now when I open file explorer it only shows Quick Access tab and Desktop tab on the left and nothing else. THen it has a green progress bar going across that takes about 2 minutes to show other drives and folder. And if I...
  8. File explorer not opening at all

File explorer not opening at all: Hello microsoft pls help me i can not open file explorer at all from any way possible i have tried ur tricks but still nothing i cannot access it when i click on it nothing happens and i cant even click on it from the search box or start menu because it does not open and when...
  9. File Explorer's Play all command stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer's Play all command stopped working: File Explorer's Play all command stopped working with folders that contain flac files. Returns error message "Unable to find a playable file". Double-clicking in a file in the same folder successfully plays the file....
  10. Help! File Explorer and "This PC" are not working at all

in Windows 10 Support
    Help! File Explorer and "This PC" are not working at all: I'm unable to use either File Explorer and This PC. I need to access my drives and can't get to them. I did sfc/scannow and it says unable to use it. I opened up Task Manager - New File-as Admin and tried to run sfc/ scannow. Says it can't find a path. I'm stuck! The pinned...